Fan-Made Kaiju Redesign Thread

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Re: Best and Worst Kaiju Redesigns

Post by Executive Hamster »

ArtMaker wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:43 pm Mini-rant incoming:

Like, is my art so middle ground that it is neither “mind blowing” or “utter trash” and thus not worth the trouble of bothering with? I ask for criticism yet it gets skipped over. I seen many others do the same and yet revive feedback. Am I doing something wrong? Am I being too upfront about it?? Like?? What?!? Why universe!! Why!?!?!

Ok. Mini-rant over. Carry on, and have a nice day.
I think its your approach to asking for feedback. It comes off as constantly begging for it, such as with this message. Let it happen naturally. If people find your work interesting enough to comment on, they will. If not, they won't. You cant force em. Ive commented on yours before and my opinions on them are nearly the same across the board so I haven't bothered to comment again.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

GodzillaFan_13 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:49 pm as long as it's reptilian, has something close to the dorsal plates, and generally looks like Godzilla, it's Godzilla, angry basement-dwelling fanboys be damned.
I've been kinda agreeing with you up to this point but no. Reptar is not Godzilla. Agon is not Godzilla. Todd Ziller is not Godzilla. The Arctic Giant is not Godzilla. Godzilla's design is flexible, sure, but he's not THAT flexible.

GodzillaFan_13
Yojimbo

Post by GodzillaFan_13 »

a very interesting little tumblr blog came into existence today, bringing with it an interesting take on Godzilla. i dig the cutesy artstyle, it works really well here. also, basing Godzilla off of Trolval is a really damn good idea.

https: //godzilla- trolval. tumblr. com/ archive

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

The people are Miki Seagusa and Goro Ibuki

I love this artstyle and Jet's design is really good. I love the concepts used for Godzilla's design but I wish it featured some of his more iconic traits in a bit more of a defined way.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I like Godzilla but Jet Jaguar just isn't clicking with me for some reason. Maybe, it's the exposed stomach.

Added in 1 hour 32 minutes 16 seconds:
202Vincent is back with a Mechagodzilla redesign!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:15 am 202Vincent is back with a Mechagodzilla redesign!
I don’t know about this one, Vinny. I get Bayformers vibes from it.
For Emperor and Empire!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Image Anguirus by Oraz05

not really the biggest fan on his limp proportions maybe thin them out a lot and the neck

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

That head is amazing. Slim him down a tiny bit and make his spikes spikier and it would be a pretty killer design.

ArtMaker
Interpol Agent

Post by ArtMaker »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:00 am Image Anguirus by Oraz05

not really the biggest fan on his limp proportions maybe thin them out a lot and the neck

Thought that was a Gorgo redesign (cause the merged horns looked like her ears) first time I saw it.

GodzillaFan_13
Yojimbo

Post by GodzillaFan_13 »

reminds me of the scrapped 90s "baraguirus" concept.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gugenheim's Mechani-Kong is really good, even if it is missing the flashbang thingy on his head.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:33 pm Gugenheim's Mechani-Kong is really good, even if it is missing the flashbang thingy on his head.
I love just about everything about this design. From the blocky limbs to the robotic skull-face.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

If a heisei mechani kong existed, thats what it would look like.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

I really like how the Guiron throwing star has been adjusted to be a star shaped scar. By @nao70shark1
[Pic]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYnwmDXaIAA ... name=large[/Pic]

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Two Godzilla designs, opposite on the spectrum! The first is by TGping and the second by TripleBomber2000. My only real complaint with 1 is the head shape but 2... There's some neat ideas here but with that raptor body, it absolutely fumbles.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:18 am Two Godzilla designs, opposite on the spectrum! The first is by TGping and the second by TripleBomber2000. My only real complaint with 1 is the head shape but 2... There's some neat ideas here but with that raptor body, it absolutely fumbles.
Ooh I like this one. The head is kinda wolf-like IMO.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

1 looks pretty great actually. 2 is horrendous, nothing there really works at all.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Who remembers these ancient pieces of fanart? They were made by Cheunchungtat back in 2010 and 2011. (the last one being the one made in 2011)

Looking back, they're all a bit edgy to really make good Godzilla redesigns, but on their own, they're still pretty neat looking.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:50 pm Who remembers these ancient pieces of fanart? They were made by Cheunchungtat back in 2010 and 2011. (the last one being the one made in 2011)

Looking back, they're all a bit edgy to really make good Godzilla redesigns, but on their own, they're still pretty neat looking.
This seems like a demonic, porcupine SpaceGodzilla concept minus the crystals. Defiantly edgy but I do admit the coloring on these images is nice.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:50 pm Who remembers these ancient pieces of fanart? They were made by Cheunchungtat back in 2010 and 2011. (the last one being the one made in 2011)

Imma be honest, I still love these to this very day. The guy's an amazing artist all around.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns