Godzilla Extreme Universe

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Godzilla Extreme Universe

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

So I had noticed a post in the redesign thread it would better to make a thread for one's own art, rather than post it in a general redesign thread. So that is what I'll be doing. So we'll just start with posting the redesigns I've done so far.

Disclaimer: Though I conceptualize and design each kaiju, Emily Stepp is the artist of all these.

Godzilla:

King Ghidorah:

Mothra:

Rodan:

Anguirus:

Starting with Mothra I decided to add titles to each kaiju, and give them data files that have bits of info about them and the lore of the world. I may go back and do version 2s of Godzilla and Ghidorah to keep the whole series on the same page.

As you can see I tend to go for a quasi realistic redesign philosophy, mixing up different elements from all sorts of animals to create a hybrid type look. I know some won't like it, but hey, opinions amd what not.

Next in line is Titanosaurus, and after that I'm leaning towards Gigan. I hope you'll enjoy my works. Creating these across the past year has really brought me joy. I love the creative process and seeing how things change from conception to completion.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla Extreme Universe

Post by Dracosaurian »

Any particular themes you've got in mind for your Titanosaurus? After seeing your Anguirus I'm very interested in how future redesigns will turn out. :)

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Dracosaurian wrote:Any particular themes you've got in mind for your Titanosaurus? After seeing your Anguirus I'm very interested in how future redesigns will turn out. :)
Titanosaurus will be heavily inspired by Lagiacrus from Monster Hunter and (I'm going to try) a blanket octopus. I'm gonna shoot for a very elegant and beautiful design, since like Mothra, Titanosaurs will be a female. Her powers are going to be venomous spikes and an electric bite, and MAYBE shooting tentacles from her throat. Not sure on the last one. I think two might be enough.

Another tidbit of all my redesigns, all kaiju in the Extreme Universe are in the, what I call, 200 meter class. I've struggled for a long time on the proper height for these monsters, especially Godzilla. No height seemed big enough. But after sometime, I settled on a 200 meter size scale. Godzilla himself stands at 230 meters. I'm not good with coming up with proper length and weight adjustments, so I just focus on height. :P

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:
Dracosaurian wrote:Any particular themes you've got in mind for your Titanosaurus? After seeing your Anguirus I'm very interested in how future redesigns will turn out. :)
Titanosaurus will be heavily inspired by Lagiacrus from Monster Hunter and (I'm going to try) a blanket octopus. I'm gonna shoot for a very elegant and beautiful design, since like Mothra, Titanosaurs will be a female. Her powers are going to be venomous spikes and an electric bite, and MAYBE shooting tentacles from her throat. Not sure on the last one. I think two might be enough.

Another tidbit of all my redesigns, all kaiju in the Extreme Universe are in the, what I call, 200 meter class. I've struggled for a long time on the proper height for these monsters, especially Godzilla. No height seemed big enough. But after sometime, I settled on a 200 meter size scale. Godzilla himself stands at 230 meters. I'm not good with coming up with proper length and weight adjustments, so I just focus on height. :P
Lagiacrus and Blanket octopus...that's a very interesting combo! It's also interesting to see/hear of another fan design of Titano that is female. The venomous spines and electric bite are solid abilities, meanwhile the tentacles being shot from the throat I'll admit does sound strange on paper, but I do believe it can be pulled off. After all, if Godzilla can have all sorts of strange abilities(especially Shin) then I don't see why the other monsters in the series can't pull it off?

I definitely look forward to seeing your Titanosaurus.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I've always wondered why people call Titanosaurus a female.

Anyways, I like the powers given but since Titanosaurus is completely unmutated, I prefer his moveset being melee and wind.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I love the psychedelic colors on Mothra. Very eye-catching. The wing-tail things are interesting, too.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Idea for Zilla if you ever get to him, have him based off of chameleons.

I say this because it an early draft for Godzilla 98, Godzilla was actually suppose to camoflague like a chameleon in different colors, why not reflect that here? ;)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

tyrantgoji wrote:Idea for Zilla if you ever get to him, have him based off of chameleons.

I say this because it an early draft for Godzilla 98, Godzilla was actually suppose to camoflague like a chameleon in different colors, why not reflect that here? ;)
Probably won't get to Zilla. I'm leaving out the kaiju I'm not big fans of. That's why Varan and Baragon were killed by Anguirus. X_X
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Cryptid_Liker wrote:I've always wondered why people call Titanosaurus a female.

Anyways, I like the powers given but since Titanosaurus is completely unmutated, I prefer his moveset being melee and wind.
Titanosaurus is referred to as a male in the TOMG. I just felt like doing something different.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:I've always wondered why people call Titanosaurus a female.

Titanosaurus is referred to as a male in the TOMG. I just felt like doing something different.
I get that.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Data files for Godzilla and King Ghidorah would be really cool to see, especially to see the powers they have. I do really like the powers that Anguirus and Mothra have, the former I like that he has special powers but they still fit Anguirus super well.

Overall, very interesting designs, I like how they’re realistic but at the same time still kept uniquely kaiju. Rodan isn’t just a big bird or pterodactyl, he’s still his own thing. Godzilla, maybe not as much as the others, but he’s still above the usual “T-Rex with glued on spines” redesign.

I will definitely be keeping an eye on this series.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Data files for Godzilla and King Ghidorah would be really cool to see, especially to see the powers they have. I do really like the powers that Anguirus and Mothra have, the former I like that he has special powers but they still fit Anguirus super well.

Overall, very interesting designs, I like how they’re realistic but at the same time still kept uniquely kaiju. Rodan isn’t just a big bird or pterodactyl, he’s still his own thing. Godzilla, maybe not as much as the others, but he’s still above the usual “T-Rex with glued on spines” redesign.

I will definitely be keeping an eye on this series.
Rodan gave me some trouble in the beginning stages. I didn't want him to be a pterodactyl, nor a wyvern after I did that with Ghidorah. After some time it came to me, bird lizard. Taking the look a traditional bird and applying reptilian features to it. Rodan I felt very proud of.

Though after it was all said and done, I realized I should have colored him a vibrant red, since he has a ranged energy attack, which is more related to Fire Rodan.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Well as of yesterday Emily and I have officially begun designing Titanosaurus. I already have much of her MAD file done. I feel like I'm on a creative hot streak here. I feel real good with this one.

Small tease: Titanosaurus will have 4 eyes.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Two pairs of eyes? Interesting.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Two pairs of eyes? Interesting.
Yeah I'm not quite sure why I picked that. I just wanted to give Titanosaurus a really unique look compared to all the other redesigns. Quadraped, 4 eyes, etc. I think mine will really be unique.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Another update on Titanosaurus. The design is coming along nicely. But I've decided to abandon the blanket octopus elements. What I had thought of in my head proved too difficult to adapt to the body shape I selected for her. But nevertheless she's shaping up to be a fierce looking sea dragon.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Titanosaurus eye colors have been selected, and I kept her body colors the same as the Toho version. Next will be side sketches showing off her abilities and then it should be done.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Titanosaurs is finished!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

A very interesting design, certainly out there, but overall I like it. Only thing that really makes me pause is the mouth tentacles, that feels like a bit much, but everything else seems fine to me.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

That's definitely an interesting looking Titanosaurus. I'd like it if she could alternate between a biped and quadruped stance, but I admit her Lagiacrus stance is really growing on me. All in all, I like this design. :)