Godzilla: Omniverse [V.0.13 BETA Update]

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
airforce111
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters REDUX

Post by airforce111 »

any new progress on this one?

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

November, 2019 Progress Report

. Youtube channel is now live.
. [MJ/Major Component]: Sounds (in progress) [ONGOING]
. [MJ]: AI [ONGOING]
. [MJ]: Character Furies [ONGOING]
. [MJ]: Integration of the new arenas (graphics already completed) and environmental interaction (partial underwater and buildings)
. [MN/Minor Component]: Hud icons update (graphics completed already)
. [MN]: Menus update
. [MN]: Screen resolution update (no more black bars, larger screen area)
. Release of gameplay demo video 1

. Release of gameplay demo video 2
. [MJ]: Original roster compatibility and content update
. [MN]: Final round of testing for bugs
. Release of 0.11.

Gameplay demo video 1 below. Gameplay Demo video 2 with the other new characters and building interactions will be posted soon enough.

Part 1:

Part 2:
Last edited by _MHG_ on Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

man thats so amazing, can't wait to get my hands on this! A lot was done since the last update I see!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Does this have controller support yet?

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

This looks amazing! I can't wait to play it.

Man, Godzilla games are seriously untapped, it's crazy. Glad there are talented people like you to make games like this for us fans.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Gojira95 wrote:This looks amazing! I can't wait to play it.

Man, Godzilla games are seriously untapped, it's crazy. Glad there are talented people like you to make games like this for us fans.
Well, I can name 3.

Godzilla Arcade by Banpresto....which never got ported to home systems like their Ultraman Arcade got ported to the SNES and Sega.

Godzilla: Battle Legends by Alfa Systems which did get a U.S. release....on the Turbo Duo, a system most people didn't have.

Godzilla: Monster War also by Alfa Systems for the Super Famicom and Super Nintendo.....which got it's U.S. release canceled.

Jesus why do us westerns keep getting shafted when someone finally does make a good, official Godzilla game?

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

Living Corpse wrote:

Well, I can name 3.

Godzilla Arcade by Banpresto....which never got ported to home systems like their Ultraman Arcade got ported to the SNES and Sega.

Godzilla: Battle Legends by Alfa Systems which did get a U.S. release....on the Turbo Duo, a system most people didn't have.

Godzilla: Monster War also by Alfa Systems for the Super Famicom and Super Nintendo.....which got it's U.S. release canceled.

Jesus why do us westerns keep getting shafted when someone finally does make a good, official Godzilla game?
I wish I knew. I'd settle for a Pipeworks trilogy remaster at this point, shame that fan petition didn't lead to anything. Maybe someday we'll get that big budget Godzilla game.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Gojira95 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:

Well, I can name 3.

I wish I knew. I'd settle for a Pipeworks trilogy remaster at this point, shame that fan petition didn't lead to anything. Maybe someday we'll get that big budget Godzilla game.
Which is infuriating cause you hear people complain that there is no good official Godzilla games, but you know they exist but as someone living outside of Japan you have to go out of your way to jump through hoops to play them. That arcade game I mentioned? There's only one place in the U.S. that has that machine (ironically only a few hundred miles from my house) so most people rather emulate it, which is a pain in itself if you're not tech savvy on how ROMs work.

And the Turbo Duo did so poorly it ironically costs more now cause it's a sought after thing for collectors. The only realistic option is getting an import of Godzilla: Monster War and either breking the region lock off an SNES or getting a clone system. Outside of Monster War, no one but a fan is gonna go to so much trouble to play the other two.

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

I would want a DAM franchise REMASTERED in HD for sure!

And as far as new games go, a fighting game in the style of this would be great for a change. Akin to NeatherRealm, ArcSystem, or MVC style stuff would also be a breathe of fresh air. Which is why I have been leaving my eyes on this fan game for a while now.

Infinity
Monarch Researcher

Post by Infinity »

Which is infuriating cause you hear people complain that there is no good official Godzilla games, but you know they exist but as someone living outside of Japan you have to go out of your way to jump through hoops to play them. That arcade game I mentioned? There's only one place in the U.S. that has that machine (ironically only a few hundred miles from my house) so most people rather emulate it, which is a pain in itself if you're not tech savvy on how ROMs work.

And the Turbo Duo did so poorly it ironically costs more now cause it's a sought after thing for collectors. The only realistic option is getting an import of Godzilla: Monster War and either breking the region lock off an SNES or getting a clone system. Outside of Monster War, no one but a fan is gonna go to so much trouble to play the other two.
Hows about not going off-topic, and keeping that discussion in the Godzilla Games section?

It has literally nothing to do with this thread.
Last edited by Infinity on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

airforce111 wrote:I would want a DAM franchise REMASTERED in HD for sure!

And as far as new games go, a fighting game in the style of this would be great for a change. Akin to NeatherRealm, ArcSystem, or MVC style stuff would also be a breathe of fresh air. Which is why I have been leaving my eyes on this fan game for a while now.
I don't know how but I'm seriously considering starting a movement to get the games I listed ported to the digital library. I used to roll my eyes on game preservation but now I'm seeing that a lot of games are being left behind. I had a lot of fun destroying the Garuda back when this was Destroy All Monsters Redux. Glad to see it's still going, I'm loving the water effects.
Infinity wrote: Hows about not going off-topic, and keeping that discussion in the Godzilla Games section?

It has literally nothing to do with this thread.
How about you drop the fucking attitude. Some of the sprites for this game come from the games I was talking about.

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

what does the release date look like? In time for the holidays? Or the new years?

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Games lookimg more and more awesome with every update!
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

December, 2019 Monthly Progress Report;

. With respect to building interaction being incorporated into gameplay, for some reason I forgot to incorporate a crucial aspect of gameplay planning - interruptions. Buildings can now come crashing down on players, so all player-to-player interactions must account for this properly. As a result, it has become necessary to plan for and develop p2p interactions on a deeper level. Then there is also the inclusion of the character "levels" system since some characters are way stronger than others - which would lead to one-sided matches if the player character is stronger than a weaker AI controlled character. This means that gameplay must now take into consideration team play elements even though I did not originally plan for it for this release. Most of it is already done though, bug testing aside. The positive is that this release will lay the ground work for mixed team play systems - both for switching between single characters or for characters to appear simultaneously (with one or both systems in play at the same time). Additionally, this opens the possibility of having an unlimited number of characters appear at any time, with limitations imposed solely through whatever in-game and and out-game selection logistics will be applied. The negative is that this will push the release a bit further. Video 3 will demonstrate mixed team play and will be included in the schedule.
. Some minor performance issues came up with the smoke effects when buildings are destroyed, but this will be sorted out without too much trouble.
. Video 2 will demonstrate building interactions, as well as the remaining new characters for this release. This will be out in a little while.
. Note that all of these inclusions must be done comprehensively, and correctly, right now to avoid going back and making changes later on. The core gameplay system is still fairly underdeveloped at this stage, but 0.11 will mark a significant evolution upon release, and will allow much more rapid development moving forward.
what does the release date look like? In time for the holidays? Or the new years?
It will have to come out sometime in January next year, or maybe even Feb, mainly because of reasons highlighted in point one above. Even so, I cannot give a proper release date since unexpected issues crop up and I really only address them once I "get there". At the same time, these issues only keep coming up because of constantly updating the gameplay mechanics because I forgot to plan for something. But since they're already getting close to completion, this timeframe could alternatively be short. Again, can't say for sure.
Does this have controller support yet?
Controller support is not scheduled for this release. More details on this later.

Also, throughout the programming process, I want to make sure I can begin the spritework on the MV pack quickly. I'll post a preview of MV Ghidora below:

That's it for now. Stay tuned.
Last edited by _MHG_ on Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

The Chad MV Ghidorah vs The Virgin literally everyone, holy shit, I forgot how big he is, damn.

Great Sprite work too
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

holy shit what the hell, youre such a great pixel artist! That shit is hard to do! My god, I'm just imageining how Legendary Godzilla will turn out!

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

January, 2020, Monthly Progress Report;

. Comprehensively sealing "glitch leaks" for the interruption mechanics has proven to be a bit more challenging particularly for a few characters. Still, I've adopted a different debugging method which should hopefully speed things up a bit moving forward.
. Minor issues with unwanted AI behaviors continue to pop up, but since they're minor, I'll probably address them later.
. Gameplay video 2 will hopefully be up some time next week.

For now, a preview of Monsterverse Rodan's base frame:

Stay tuned.

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

NoName wrote:January, 2020, Monthly Progress Report;

. Comprehensively sealing "glitch leaks" for the interruption mechanics has proven to be a bit more challenging particularly for a few characters. Still, I've adopted a different debugging method which should hopefully speed things up a bit moving forward.
. Minor issues with unwanted AI behaviors continue to pop up, but since they're minor, I'll probably address them later.
. Gameplay video 2 will hopefully be up some time next week.

For now, a preview of Monsterverse Rodan's base frame:

Stay tuned.
Monsterverse Rodan looks awesome, your pixel art is fantastic, keep up the great work!

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Follow-up to January 2020 PR:

. Kong gameplay demo is live. See below:
. Video 3 with team-play mechanics will be the next, and final demo video. Will be posted in a bit.