The Return of Godzilla EOST HD Reconstruction AVAILABLE NOW

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Servanov
Monsterland Worker

Re: The Return of Godzilla EOST HD Reconstruction (REEL ONE WORPRINT AVAILABLE)

Post by Servanov »

Final reel (Reel 7) is exporting! All that's left is to make the final few polishes, and then to assemble it all and add the audio and make the final encode! I thought I'd show you an example of the difference in the final reel in the BD's color correction and the color correction based on the Carlton PAL VHS.

anzilla
Samurai

Post by anzilla »

Very cool! I think I might use your color correction as a starting point for Resurrection. While I still want to go with a darker look for mine, it seems you've done a great job giving the image some life that the dull palette of the blu-ray sorely lacked.

In the meantime, do you have any cover art done? If you don't or have no one else lined up, I'd like to try my hand at it!
Last edited by anzilla on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh no, there goes Tokyo..."
https://damoviemaestro.tumblr.com/

Servanov
Monsterland Worker

Post by Servanov »

anzilla wrote:In the meantime, do you have any cover art done? If you don't or have no one else lined up, I'd like to try my hand at it!
I'm currently working on a 2 disc BD version cover of my restoration and RedMenace's Godzilla 1985, and I've done a few based off of LDs recreating them for a novelty purpose, but I'm not too good with BD covers once you get past the front. I'll be sure to give it a try.

Servanov
Monsterland Worker

Post by Servanov »

Reel 3 is gonna be the death of me! I'm currently on v1.98 of reel 3, the reel also happens to be the one with the most changes. In the meantime, during its export, I thought I'd give you all a treat and release the BD double feature disc cover I've been working on for BD covers. I've already printed mine out and it looks great!

I've also made (for novelty's sake) a recreation of the LD cover, in English and applying to my recon. I haven't gotten the back finished yet as I don't have an image of the back cover, the LD I ordered hasn't arrived yet.

This would be a great cover to put in a CD case to save space and again, for novelty purposes.

Almost done with the final touches! Expect the release soon!
Last edited by Servanov on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

So far, it's looking fantastic! But one question: how are you going to handle the credits? The Kraken BD/DVD has Japanese text, while the Carlton VHS has English export credits. Making the English credits might be your most difficult part of your reconstruction.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Servanov
Monsterland Worker

Post by Servanov »

GodzillaBurgh wrote:So far, it's looking fantastic! But one question: how are you going to handle the credits? The Kraken BD/DVD has Japanese text, while the Carlton VHS has English export credits. Making the English credits might be your most difficult part of your reconstruction.
For that section, I was able to use the LaserDisc from Germany, which used the Export version as a video source. The Japanese text covers pretty much the whole frame, so it didn't make much sense to mask out anything. I ended up upscaling and enhancing the sharpness and detail of the LD footage for the end credits, it looks great! I'm also currently exporting the final cut of the whole film, with all four audio tracks, the workprint should be up soon for private viewing and review!

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

That's cool! And I'm right now working on a custom Blu-ray cover for your reconstruction! It'll be done in 2 or 3 days!
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Servanov
Monsterland Worker

Post by Servanov »

GodzillaBurgh wrote:That's cool! And I'm right now working on a custom Blu-ray cover for your reconstruction! It'll be done in 2 or 3 days!
Oh, wow, thanks for the nice surprise! I'm currently getting the audio ready and the workprints of the full version are almost done, once I make any final changes I see in the encode, it'll be up!

JetrellFo
Samurai

Re: The Return of Godzilla EOST HD Reconstruction AVAILABLE NOW

Post by JetrellFo »

I was just wondering if there have been any updates on this project? Thanks in advance to you and RedMenace. :)

Servanov
Monsterland Worker

Post by Servanov »

The EOST HD project has been out for some time now. If you would like a link I'd be happy to send one.

Godzillafan2003
Young Farmer

Post by Godzillafan2003 »

HI! I'm new here, I am interested in downloading your Godzilla 1985 HD Reconstruction, I am unsure of where to go though, any help is appreciated!