Monster Zero - Red Menace HD reconstruction AVAILABLE NOW

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Monster Zero - Red Menace HD reconstruction AVAILABLE NOW

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Actually, he states plainly in the product descriptions when material is upscaled.

And honestly, in Shin's case, while the discount is certainly nice, the subtitles are the bigger draw for me. Considering that at least one if not both discs on his set are going to be BD50s, the price drop probably won't be quite as steep as other titles, but if I'm going to be spending over $30 or so on one movie, I prefer to be able to understand it.

Anyway, through some complicated image editing, masking, etc. I managed to recreate one of the textless still photo/newspaper headline shots in HD, but it looks like the rest won't be so easy, if they're doable at all. I'll give them a shot, but the main reason I was able to do the one I did was that it was static for most of the time the headline was visible.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Just a little update: The International version is pretty much done; I just need to render it and upload it. I'm waiting on some cover artwork (probably just some of the existing MZ covers with the title swapped out) before finally pulling the trigger on rendering and everything. Should be out inside of a couple weeks.

EDIT: Just checked my inbox on OriginalTrilogy and VC's already gotten the artwork done! Guess all I have to do now is start rendering, which might be tricky since I have schoolwork to consider, but I'll try and get it done soon!
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

ultrase7en
Samurai

Post by ultrase7en »

Thanks for putting the international version together! I am looking forward to watching it and seeing the new artwork.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

Sweet! When you work on GODZILLA VS. THE THING, let me know. I'll help you out.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Re: Monster Zero - Red Menace HD reconstruction

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Great Hierophant wrote:For the first six Godzilla movies, there is really only the one English version of each film, absent things like title changes. Things don't really get interesting in this respect until Sea Monster.

Give 'em Hell Red Menace, personally I enjoy lesbian subtext speculation . . . I'll be in my bunk.
I don't usually mean to revive a long dead thread, but lesbian subtext? where?
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

That was in Ghidrah. While I was working on that reconstruction I was amused by how affectionate Naoko seemed toward the princess, particularly in the dub.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

omgitsgodzilla wrote:That was in Ghidrah. While I was working on that reconstruction I was amused by how affectionate Naoko seemed toward the princess, particularly in the dub.
Oh okay, my mistake. I thought you were referring to Invasion/Monster Zero.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

deadman31
Yojimbo

Post by deadman31 »

Would someone be willing to burn me a copy of this Monster Zero reconstruct? I have all the others but my computer broke. I’d be willing to trade. Please PM me.
Last edited by deadman31 on Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

deadman31
Yojimbo

Post by deadman31 »

Anyone?