Rodan - 1.85:1 US Theatrical Reconstruction

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
GodzillaFanatic2001
Monarch Researcher

Re: Rodan - 1.85:1 US Theatrical Reconstruction

Post by GodzillaFanatic2001 »

I just got around to watching your reconstruction, it looks great, well done! One strange thing I noticed, the copy you used for the title card has a copyright date of 1984! I suppose it makes a little more sense than the 1934 date on the DVD copy, but it still doesn't make much sense.
HayesAJones wrote:
Godzilla 2000 wrote:Its harmless fun, pure and simple.
As opposed to those dangerously fun movies.

Great Hierophant
Interpol Agent

Post by Great Hierophant »

There is a copyright-less version of the opening credits on Youtube as linked above. An HD revision may wish to use these instead. DCA put its own copyright notice on the film, as was typical of the time.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I had a quick look and it looks really good! I've only one minor suggestion if you do revise this: the ending title card looks conspicuously digital in that it's much sharper than anything else in the film. What I generally do to try to avoid that is I apply a slight blur to my recreated titles so that they more closely match the amount of detail found elsewhere in the film.

Other than that, though, this is really terrific! From the sound of it, this took a lot of really hard work and the end result is utterly fantastic. Thank you for making this and sharing it with us!
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Kore321
Yojimbo

Post by Kore321 »

Thank you for this and for your hard work. Look forward to other projects you might have in the future.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

As someone not able to make it onto a certain site named after an organ... is there any other way to get ahold of this? Looks like the creator may have left this site...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

smagal
Samurai

Post by smagal »

Yeah... How can we get it ?

Dakota Mike
Young Farmer

Post by Dakota Mike »

Yeah, I'd love to take a look at this too. It looks really good. Where or how?

WaverBoy
Yojimbo

Post by WaverBoy »

This sounds lovely except for the cropping to 1.85:1, which definitely seems to hurt the composition, especially in shots like the close-up of Shigeru’s face posted above. Is there any chance of releasing your reconstruction uncropped? Just a thought. It would look much better. I know that technically it was originally released in American theaters matted, but that doesn’t mean it was intended for that AR by the filmmakers.

AtomicZilla
Young Farmer

Post by AtomicZilla »

I would absolutely love to watch a copy of this! Could you please provide a link? I'm not sure how PM's work on here, I can't seem to message the creator.