Make your own Godzilla

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Re: Make your own Godzilla

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Another iteration of Godzilla Extreme.

https://www.deviantart.com/papillonstud ... -793421433
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

TheDolphinKaijuGod
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheDolphinKaijuGod »

My Godzilla would have the 1954 head with GMK eyes, a mix between the 1954 and 2000 torso, also has the same arms as 54, but longer.

He would also have Shin Godzilla spikes with sharper edges. The tail and feet again, are like 1954's, but the tail is somewhat longer and has a stubbier tip. And his skin has the legendary Godzilla skin texture, but has that bone chest thing like MosuGoji.

When he charges his beam, his spikes start to glow like 2014's, and he shoots out a Shin Godzilla ray, but blue in color. It also has a spiral around it like the heisei Godzilla's blue spiral heat ray.

And finally, he stands at 85 meters in height and 112 meters in length.
Resized Image 

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I've thought about this some more and while I still love my vague idea, I feel like if I were to make my own series, my Godzilla would probably be a mix between 1984, 1964, and 2001. A imposing figure but with enough slimness and an expressive face to make him taking on other monsters and go from villan to hero make sense.

RIP Evan.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Made some changes to Godzilla Extreme's dimensions. I've decided 125 meter height is good enough.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

time to update my godzilla

first off, his height is 110 meters, didn't wanna make him too tall.
his skin color has reverted to green like Mire, the color of his atomic breath stays blue.

again, his skin texture is like legendary, his tail being like that of the 2014 design.

his eye are like that of Gmk, just yellow in color. the dorsal plates are the same as Earth.

his arms are the same as 64, but the legs are the same as Kiryu.

finally, his roar is the same as millennium, with some generic dino sounds here and there.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

N/A ignore
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Mon May 20, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Before I start, I've conceived about 5 Godzilla designs and this is just one of them.

First, the head and spines would resemble this illustration by Yasushi Torisawa: Image

His fangs and teeth would be like a wolf: Image

He'd also have the gills and eyes of the Legendary design: Image

The arms would be like those of a Komodo dragon, just with webs inbetween: Image

Godzilla's torso, legs, and feet would look like this concept art: Image

WinstonGoji's color scheme and tail would be taken as well: Image

Finally, we have his powers. His atomic beam would look like Shin's but operate like Earth's: Image

However, his spiral ray would look completely different. Imagine Kylo Ren's lightsaber blade but thicker: Image

His regeneration would be much faster than other incarnations, acting like Ghidorah's regen: Image
(It can be stopped by materials like micro-oxygen and cadmium, though. Also, if a piece is blown off, it can't regenerate into another Godzilla.)

And to end off this wall of text and images, his nuclear pulse would be absolutely catastrophic. It would look like a blue Sun, and it would have twice the power of Castle Bravo: Image
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

So I'm throwing my hat into the ring yet again. Face is based heavily off of Mosugoji and Megarogoji with the glowing red eyes lifted from the Trendmasters Godzilla. Body is a hybrid of Mosugoji and Heisei Godzilla. Coloration is based again off of Mosugoji, specifically the MonsterArts figure. Spines are of my own design, and smaller than most designs. Roar is the 1989 Godzilla's with some Showa roars thrown in.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Well i guess it's about time i update my Godzilla. I don't have anything else really going on today. :lol:

The spines are very 64 esc. but they're actually sharper than they look. The tips might cut off an enemies limb if they get too close!

His skin color is brown, a reference to the 54 design. His eyes are yellow with no pupils whatsoever.

The head is more like a Millennium ere design (think of Godzilla 2000) with Heisei's two rows of teeth. He also has gills on his neck

Going to abilities, he of course has his atomic breath (pretty much standard blue color) and a semi-spiral ray where there's purple spirals around the main blue beam. And of course the actual spiral ray which is purple. He also can fire atomic balls from his back plates.

He's 103 meters tall and weighs 80,000 tons.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Breakdown wrote:
So I'm throwing my hat into the ring yet again. Face is based heavily off of Mosugoji and Megarogoji with the glowing red eyes lifted from the Trendmasters Godzilla. Body is a hybrid of Mosugoji and Heisei Godzilla. Coloration is based again off of Mosugoji, specifically the MonsterArts figure. Spines are of my own design, and smaller than most designs. Roar is the 1989 Godzilla's with some Showa roars thrown in.
So, this is basically perfect. It updates the Showa style very well, while effectively mixing in some Heisei for a 'modern' look that isn't hard to take seriously. I'm normally not a fan of red eyes for Godzilla, but they work phenomenally with the eyebrows. Send this thing to Toho.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Breakdown wrote:Image

Whoa, this is a pretty fantastic design! I love how seamlessly the Showa and Heisei inspired features blend together :)

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

So I decided to add another small detail to my Godzilla Extreme. The sound is dorsal plates make when igniting his atomic breath.

And honestly there has been only one sound I like for it. The sound King Triton's trident makes in The Little Mermaid. Yeah yeah go ahead and laugh. But I have always liked that sound.

Here it is if anyone is curious to hear it: https://youtu.be/a8IbTGzsfpo

At 1:27.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

So I had Emily Stepp make a quick size chart for Godzilla Extreme next to an aircraft carrier. The image of the carrier was borrowed for another size chart someone had made with 2014Goji.

Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Do you have that on Deviantart? If so, do you mind me using that as a reference for one day doing a Godzilla of my own?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

LegendZilla wrote:

Do you have that on Deviantart? If so, do you mind me using that as a reference for one day doing a Godzilla of my own?
I don't have it on my DA yet, but you're welcome to use it as a reference.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

Updated my Goji (even renamed him to RoninGoji). Crisper details with the normalmap. Original model by 2009MECHAGODZILLA
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Time for me to throw in my Godzilla.

VoyageGoji

Height: 99 metres.
Weight: 55,000 tons.
Length: 198 metres.

My Godzilla takes the base design of SoshingekiGoji and adds features of MosuGoji. The smooth shiny brows, the stiff dorsal plates that don't flop everywhere and less but more ferocious-looking teeth. His skin is grey to charcoal in some areas, with a lighter grey underside on the tail. His hands have 4 fingers including a thumb and are very 64-esque. His eyes are also like Soshingeki's but when angry they can cloud over resembling 64's.

My Godzilla has the basic, high pitched Showa Era roars, but in dire situations or when in pain, he can have a 54-55 roar and an 84-91 roar.

My Godzilla acts like an anti-hero, whose willing to protect the Earth from threats, but he still attacks cities and towns when angry. He's very caring towards his allies too.

Powers:

Atomic Breath: It starts off as a powerful blue flame, but then concentrates into a beam, resembling RoE Godzilla's breath.

Regeneration: It just acts like it usually does, but at a much quicker rate.

Spiral Ray: Red electricity and energy swirl around Godzilla's dorsal plates before the energy is quickly launched in front of Godzilla's face and fired off in front of him. AniGoji style.

Nuclear Pulse: Like Thermonuclear Godzilla's but blue.

This will be updated....
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Okay, here is how I would do Godzilla :

For one thing I would model him first and foremost after the first two suits. Yes, I know it has been often said that Shin is the modernized Shodai Goji, but that's just one popular opinion that just so happen disagree with. I can certainly see the influence in the design, but I would not go as far as calling him a direct updated version.

I would try to stay as true to possible the the 50's suits, right down to the shape of the dorsal fins, with pointy and jagged tips opposed to rounded. The tail will be medium length and not ludicrously long like Heisei and Shin, with the tip pointed as with Shodai Goji. For a character that spends most of his time in the ocean, his limbs would have to be more redesigned. He would have webbed hands with longer fingers with his feet and tail being flatter, broader and more paddle-like than usual. His tail will be shaped like that of tadpole's, except horizontal instead of vertical.

Since it has been pretty much proven that the dinosaur Spinosaurus was in fact a mostly aquatic animal, spending its time on land in a mostly quadrapedal stance, I'd decided to do the same with Godzilla. Don't worry, he'll still be capable of bipedalism as well, albeit much more limited than before. He'd usually walk upright when navigating through shallow water, traversing through buildings and to breath fire. His legs will be thicker, shorter and stumpier and his forelimbs will be used for walking in a gorilla-like posture, helping him live up more to the (Go)rilla part of his name.

As for his origins, I would have him be a descendant of late-Permain synapsids which survived the P-T extinction event. Therefore, in addition to make him look closely like Shodai Goji, I intend to draw influence from various fauna from said era. Since having external ears is a distinctly mammalian trait, specifically everything higher than monotremes, I'd omit them all together from his design. In their place, I'd thought I'd give him crown-like bony cusps protruding from each side of his head, similar in to that of the extinct synapsid, Estemmenosuchus. A trait like this would invoke a sense of regality, helping him live up to his title of King of the Monsters. One thing I do give Shin credit for as far as design goes is proportionately smaller eyes, which makes makes practical sense for a creature as big as him. It would reduce the chances of receiving a direct it to the eyes. He will also have enlarged canines like that of a Permain-era gorgonopsid, in order to help with the intimidation factor. To reduce the amount of blood and oxygen that a creature of his size would need to have pumped into head, the head itself will be proportionately smaller to the rest of his body. The nostrils will be slightly higher up his snout to accommodate for aquatic adaptation.

And Now for for his backplates. As I stated before they will be molded directly after that of Shodai Goji's, but this time, the largest plates will be located closer to his abdominal region akin to '84, for weight reduction on his upper torso when standing upright. Since I'm making him closer to synapsids than dinosaurs such as Stegosaurus (one of the two species along with Tyrannosaurus that influenced his design in the first place), he will only have one row of spines like that of Dimetrodon.

When it comes to his skin, maybe only half of his body will be covered in his signature keloid-texture, whereas the rest is actually much smooth. It would be this way to indicate that the creature has endured the effects of nuclear testing. As with practically every being, person or animal that has been exposed to radiation and survived, Godzilla will be in constant agony, which would explain his aggression. He would be at least partially blinded, if not completely from the flash of the atomic bomb, but luckily his species will naturally be acute with other senses such as hearing, smell and touch. He would constantly sniff the air to navigate his surroundings and breathe heavily due to constant pain.

This is how would update Godzilla as a character to help him adapt through changing times. If you're not entirely happy, I'm open to suggestions.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun May 30, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LegendZilla wrote:Okay, here is how I would do Godzilla :

For one thing I would model him first and foremost after the first two suits as possible. Yes, I know it has been often said that Shin is the modernized Shodai Goji, but that's just one popular opinion that I'm gonna have to disagree with. I can certainly see the influence in the design, but I would not go as far as calling him a direct updated version.

I would try to stay as true to possible the the 50's suits, right down to the shape of the dorsal fins, being all pointy and jagged as opposed to round. The tail will be a tad shorter than usual, with a pointed tip as with Shodai Goji. For a character that spends most of his time in the ocean, his limbs would have to be more redesigned. He would have webbed hands with longer fingers with his feet and tail will be flatter, broader and more paddle-like than usual. His tail will be shaped like that of a beaver's, only more diamond-shaped than rounded.

Since it has been pretty much proven that the dinosaur Spinosaurus was in fact a mostly aquatic animal, spending its time on land in a mostly quadrapedal stance, I'd decided to do the same with Godzilla. Don't worry, he'll still be capable of bipedalism as well, albeit much more limited than before. He'd usually walk upright when navigating through shallow water, traversing through buildings and to breath fire. His legs will be thicker, shorter and stumpier and his forelimbs will be used for walking in a gorilla-like posture, helping him live up more to the (Go)rilla part of his name.

As for his origins, I would have him be a descendant of Permain-era synapsids which survived the P-T extinction event. Since having external ears is a distinctly mammalian trait, specifically everything higher than monotremes, I'd omit them all together from his design. In their place, I'd thought I'd give him bony cusps protruding from his head, shaped more or less like his dorsal fins, which from some angle, would make it look like he has a crown, helping him live up to his title of King of the Monsters. One thing I do give Shin credit for as far as design goes is proportionately smaller eyes, which makes makes practical sense for a creature as big as him. It would reduce the chances of receiving a direct it to the eyes. He will also have enlarged canines like that of a Permain-era gorgonopsid, in order to help with the intimidation factor. To reduce the amount of blood and oxygen that a creature of his size would need to have pumped into head, the head itself will be proportionately smaller to the rest of his body.

And Now for for his backplates. As I stated before they will be molded directly after that of Shodai Goji's, but this time, the largest plates will be located closer to his abdominal region akin to '84, for weight reduction on his upper torso when standing upright. Since I'm making him closer to synapsids than dinosaurs such as Stegosaurus (one of the two species along with Tyrannosaurus that influenced his design in the first place), he will only have one row of spines like that of Dimetrodon.

When it comes to his skin, maybe only half of his body will be covered in his signature-keloid texture, whereas the rest is actually much smooth. It would be this way to indicate that the creature has endured the effects of nuclear testing. As with practically every being, person or animal that has been exposed to radiation and survived, Godzilla will be in constant agony, which would explain his aggression. He would be at least partially blinded, if not completely from the flash of the atomic bomb, but luckily his species naturally being acute with other senses such as hearing, smell and touch. He would constantly sniff the air to navigate his surroundings and breathe heavily due to constant pain.

This is how would update Godzilla as a character to help him adapt through changing times. If you're not entirely happy, I'm open to suggestions.
Toho, you better hire this man!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'm trying my best to imagine that design but i just see less Godzilla and more of some rival kaiju that was also mutated by the nuke.