Make your own Godzilla

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Dr.Cgad
Samurai

Re: Make your own Godzilla

Post by Dr.Cgad »

i would put shin, earth, and legendary into a blender.
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I don't think that would do much. Their regen is far too tough for titanium blades.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Dr.Cgad
Samurai

Post by Dr.Cgad »

i meant as in combine them together into one more powerful godzilla.
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I know. I was making a joke. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Looks like Gerd has started a trend!

Head: I found this really, really neat sculpt of a Godzilla that appears to be rather old judging by the condition it's in. I like how it vaguely resembles the old maquettes for the 1954 design with some GMK thrown in. I'd maybe make the mouth a teeny bit smaller and make the eyes a reflective red like the old Trendmasters figures.

Body, hands tail, and skin texture: I like the proportions of the concept version of Godzilla 2000. I'd likely keep that body, tail, skin and hands. Though I'd make the skin look a bit melted and scar-like in some areas to make Godzilla look like a burn victim as he was intended to. (No open wounds, think like old scars)

Spines: Something like Godzilla 2014's. I like the sharp and jagged nature of them, as they look very natural. I'd make them a tiny bit more maple-leaf shaped to where they'd look more like a cross between G14 and G2K's. I'd keep the outer parts of the spines the traditional ivory color with the core the same color as the rest of the skin. I'd keep them short like G14's as well.

Legs/feet: Using G14's pseudo-digitigrade leg structure but without the stump feet. I'd go with something like G64 but with a small dewclaw.

I'd have the charge up be the G2000 crackle/glow and a "beam" of red fire that turns to blue if it's charged longer. I've asked a few people to draw him up but I've never heard back from 'em. If anyone is interested in sketching this guy up or sculpting him, shoot me a PM. I'll pay if necessary.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

https://billzilla1998.deviantart.com/ar ... 1519240110
This is sort of what I would have Godzilla look like.
While it wasn't in this drawing, I would have Godzilla's scales be dark gray/black with volcanic rock like texture.

I prefer Godzilla's spines to be sharp and unnatural, as well as more Showa/GFW length arms and tail. I would have the face be a mix somewhere between the Final Wars & 1964 design, and I would give him three large toes per foot, like the Showa G's.

I would have his atomic ray/glowing spines resemble a blue version of G2K's.
His eyes would be the fiery reddish-orange that the Heisei Godzilla's were in 1992.
Last edited by Billzilla1974 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Breakdown wrote:Looks like Gerd has started a trend!

http://i63.tinypic.com/352ma1c.jpg
Spoiler:
Head: I found this really, really neat sculpt of a Godzilla that appears to be rather old judging by the condition it's in. I like how it vaguely resembles the old maquettes for the 1954 design with some GMK thrown in. I'd maybe make the mouth a teeny bit smaller and make the eyes a reflective red like the old Trendmasters figures.

Body, hands tail, and skin texture: I like the proportions of the concept version of Godzilla 2000. I'd likely keep that body, tail, skin and hands. Though I'd make the skin look a bit melted and scar-like in some areas to make Godzilla look like a burn victim as he was intended to. (No open wounds, think like old scars)

Spines: Something like Godzilla 2014's. I like the sharp and jagged nature of them, as they look very natural. I'd make them a tiny bit more maple-leaf shaped to where they'd look more like a cross between G14 and G2K's. I'd keep the outer parts of the spines the traditional ivory color with the core the same color as the rest of the skin. I'd keep them short like G14's as well.

Legs/feet: Using G14's pseudo-digitigrade leg structure but without the stump feet. I'd go with something like G64 but with a small dewclaw.

I'd have the charge up be the G2000 crackle/glow and a "beam" of red fire that turns to blue if it's charged longer. I've asked a few people to draw him up but I've never heard back from 'em. If anyone is interested in sketching this guy up or sculpting him, shoot me a PM. I'll pay if necessary.
You know what - I can dig it. After really thinking abot the design and with how you laid it out. I'm imagining it in a 54' style remake.

anzilla
Samurai

Post by anzilla »

Years back I first conceptualized of my own live-action Godzilla TV series called "Age of Monsters." It was a fun thought experiment, never intended to see the light of day. Now I'm starting to wonder if I should make it happen as a thread on this forum, what does everyone think?

Anywho, the Godzilla from this series would actually be almost identical in physical appearance to the typical Heisei design (I hope that doesn't get me kicked off the thread :lol: ), but in origin and temperament he would be closer to the Legendary Godzilla. In fact, his actual origin would be a point of contention among the main characters of the series: while the most readily-agreed-upon theory is that he is a prehistoric form of amphibious life that has survived to modern times, the controversy swirls around whether the Godzilla of the series is the same creature that attacked Tokyo in 1954 and was thought killed by the Oxygen Destroyer, or another member of the species. Even among those who believe he is the same creature as Shodaigoji, there is contention over whether the Destroyer simply failed, or that Godzilla reconstituted from dissipated remains in a supercharged form of regeneration.

In any case, Godzilla is a walking monument of destruction--when on land. Usually, the creature remains at sea or on the ocean floor, gathering nourishment from earth radiation, but during the rare moments in history when he makes landfall, he simply walks through all military opposition as though it doesn't exist, his massive frame enough to inflict heavy casualties. He is fiercely territorial towards other kaiju, however, and will usually stop at nothing until his foe is vanquished.

A major development throughout the series is the discovery of his intelligence. Reiko Kagaku (my main characters are adapted from the Dark Horse comics series), from the pilot episode on, has been pushing her theory that Godzilla must be a much more intelligent animal than most scientists think, and that he may even be capable of sentience. Sure enough, later on, not only do the Cosmos confirm that most of Earth's kaiju are sentient, but Reiko and other psychic characters are able to contact him through their powers, and establish a very basic form of communication based on emotions and rudimentary images, all done with telepathy. It isn't always successful, given Godzilla's feral nature, but it sometimes saves the day, so to speak.

That's all I have for now, should I make that dedicated thread, or what?
"Oh no, there goes Tokyo..."
https://damoviemaestro.tumblr.com/

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

I would make mine like godzilla 2000 but with bigger dorsal fins and bits of kiryus armour and has kiryus sholder cannons and hand guns
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Genjira Overwatch
Samurai

Post by Genjira Overwatch »

Godzilla design: Pretty much G2000, but 1200 ft long (standing 500 ft tall with 700 ft tail) weighing 180k tons, jet black and with red spikes instead of purple, having small shoulder protrusions that are simply larger scales.

General char. and Origin: An ancient being that was created by the earth itself in response to an extra-terrestrial threat that appeared around 4500 BC. Godzilla is the very essence of life and death, the beginning and end of evolution itself, the perfect species.

Breath: An unknown, extremely kinetic and destructive energy capable of blasting through rock, steel, and even diamond. When samples of contaminated objects were uncovered, they were shown to be highly charged with some sort of vital energy. This leads us to believe that Godzilla's method of attack is not any specific form of energy, but energy itself in it's most pure state. When in a pinch, Godzilla can expel this energy through his skin in a "Pulsing" attack.

Temperament: Nicknamed "The Grimm Reaper", it is an unpredictable force of nature that cannot be reasoned with. Whenever the earth is in danger of immediate destruction or harvesting, Godzilla will awaken and dispatch any entities that are considered threats. :g2k:
Am I still on? Er, well, we now return you to... Whatever it was you were doing....
Idiots.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Been thinking about my Godzilla Extreme's posture. Now before I wouldn't think of it, but I'm attempting to put Godzilla Extreme through the wringer, figuring out what works for it, and what doesn't

Now, this piece of art for some reason, got to me.

https://batwing89.deviantart.com/art/Go ... -723705337

I'm starting to not so much dispise the full on theropod style for Godzilla. However, since I've always invisioned Godzilla Extreme as a typoe of poposaurus, or other type of biped crocodile ancestor, it doesn't exactly irk me.

I'm thinking my next commission for Godzilla Extreme will be multiple views in those poses above
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I don't think simply Frankensteining parts from past designs would work exactly, it's good to be influenced by what came before but starting from the bottom up in a sense would create something more streamline and fresh. That leads to some designs like 84 and 01 having such strong identities to me.

If I had to come up with a 'serious' contemporary Godzilla I would look to the silhouettes of the 54, 89/91 and 2016 designs. I would stick to the classic colors - rocky dark gray skin and bone white dorsal fins. The only real color would be his warm amber eyes and the eerie Cherenkov blue of his atomic breath.

His fins would charge slow Millennium style and able to shoot his breath two ways - blue flames at full volume and a thin, concentrated white beam. His roar would be deep and gravely like 54/84.

I can't draw but my dream team to put this together would Bob Eggleton and/or Art Adams. :godzilla:

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

KAIJU PROFILES
SPECIMEN 001: GODZILLA
ALSO KNOWN AS: GOJIRA, LEVIATHAN/RAHAB, JORMUNGANDR, CIPACTLI ETC

(AN: This design, but with a little more spikes in his back (more and better distributed) it's tail as long proportionally as the Heisei design and without tongue or nostrils [this will be explained later])

Size Measurements: 2500 ft tall
3500 ft long (tail)
980,000 tons

Origins: Godzilla is the last survivor of an ancient superspecies that inhabited Earth during the Archean Eon, that utilised radiosynthesis as it's nourishment. As such, he's not related in anyway not only to reptiles (the creatures he most resembles thanks to convergent evolution) but to any other of the normal living forms on this planet. Technically, he isn't even an animal. As such, he lacks body parts like tongues (he doesn't need me, he feeds on pure radiation) or nostrils. In fact, he doesn't even need to breath, or even sleep in the way we're used to (although he does present periods of inactivity, these have been classified as different from regular sleep).
His entire ecosystem disappeared once both Earth's magnetic field and ozone shield appeared, as they blocked most of the spatial and solar radiation that the radiosynthetics creatures depended on. The few survivors of the mass extinction seekes places where natural radiation was created, with Godzilla retreating to the oceans, from where he would feed upon Earth's geothermal radiation.
(AN: There is actually more backstory to this Godzilla, similar to the 2014 incarnation, but it's so long I prefer to cut it)

Abilities:
- Godzilla has innate natural strength and durability. He's been capable of moving tectonic plates without too much effort and has survived point blank asteroid collisions, some bigger than the one that killed the dinosaurs. He's also able to swim up to the Earth's core, and could also theoretically even survive in space. He's also immortal as long as he has radiation upon which to feed.
- Can generate hurricane like winds by whipping it's tail (this tail attacks have been proved to break the sound barrier)
- His teeth and claws (evolved purely for combat purposes unliker our own) can destroy any material known to man, and can pierce other kaiju's skin and armors.
- Can generate EMP attacks, and absorb electricity to boost his attacks, both physical and energetical.
- Posseses an incredible regenerative factor, capable of healing missing limbs and head, and could potentially regenerate from even a single cell.
- Can exhale fire up to 1,200° C. This flames are capable of thrive even underwater, and can potentially burn for hours.
- His most powerful weapon is his Atomic Beam. An enormous quantity of hydrogen atoms which are expalled at near relativistic speeds as a beam. Upon impact, the energy released causes the atoms to underwent nuclear fusion, resulting in a monstrous thermonuclear explosion, capable of leveling entire mountain ranges or even continents. The downside of this attack is that it takes away part from Godzilla's own radiation. During the attack, both the spines and eyes of Godzilla glow blue.
- Incredible intellectual capabilities, theorised to be superior to even chimps or dolphins.
(May posses more abilities. Unknown at the moment)

*It has been theorised that Godzilla's enormous size comes from the fact of his incredibly old age, and that it's very probable no other member of his species has ever growers that large.
Last edited by Manuelito Canelito on Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I’ll admit that my personal idea for Godzilla is not strictly my idea, so therefore I would like to credit Deviantart user XxHXCLIONxX with his personal take on the character as the main inspiration for my own.

https://www.deviantart.com/xxhxclionxx/ ... -190549582

As with the case of the aforementioned deviant’s Godzilla, my Godzilla is also a synapsid as opposed to a dinosaur. Because like XxHXCLIONxX, I feel that re-inventing The King of the Monsters as a synapsid more-or less helps to justify the more mammalian traits associated with him despite him being based primarily on reptiles. Since recent evidence indicates that synapsids nor their modern day descendants, that being us mammals do not nor ever poses scaly skin Godzilla does not have any scales since it seems to be a trait distinctive of our fully terrestrial vertebrate counterparts, the diapsids, which includes the extinct dinosaurs as well as birds and most living reptiles. Therefore, Godzilla has thick, creased and lumpy skin as the character traditionally does.

I know this my sound prett controversial, but unlike every single official version of the character, my take on Godzilla is not fully bipedal. Instead he primarily walks on all fours, although he is capable of limited bipedal locomotion on some occasions such as navigating through shallow water and to perform nuclear breath. This creative choice was done to add a certain degree of realism to Godzilla since it is impossible for any animal, living or extinct to be full bipedal at such a massive scale due to the restrictions of gravity.

Other traits Godzilla possesses include webbed hands to be more adapted to a semi-aquatic lifestyle and said hands are usually arranged in a gorilla-like knuckle-walking position during locomotion, helping the character live up a little more to his namesake. To better propel himself in water, Godzilla’s tail has a more padded-tip akin to a whale or manatee.

Forgive me If I sound a bit too nerdy. anyways, do you have suggestions as how to improve on my idea?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

GojiDude
Ronin

Post by GojiDude »

uhhh, guys? how do i post an image because I am having VERY trouble with this.
"This world NEVER belonged to us. It belonged to THEM."

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

GojiDude wrote:uhhh, guys? how do i post an image because I am having VERY trouble with this.
Use the Img feature, and put the link of the image you want to post between the brackets.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

My Godzilla would be very Shin like, in the way that it’d be this otherworldly entity. Godzilla would no longer be a ferocious animal, but a god-like being standing so tall, it’d dwarf an entire city. Imagine the Cthulhu of Godzilla’s, standing over the city, leveling the humanity with every blast of its ultra devastating atomic breath. This Godzilla is an imposing nuclear god, aimed to wipe humanity off the Earth with a sea of radioactive fire and brimstone.

Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

GojiDude
Ronin

Post by GojiDude »

ManuJM1997 wrote:
GojiDude wrote:uhhh, guys? how do i post an image because I am having VERY trouble with this.
Use the Img feature, and put the link of the image you want to post between the brackets.
can you teach me how?

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

GojiDude wrote:
ManuJM1997 wrote:
can you teach me how?

You see this right here?
Ok, copy the link of the Image you want to use
And paste it [img]HERE[/img]
Last edited by Manuelito Canelito on Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

GojiDude
Ronin

Post by GojiDude »

ManuJM1997 wrote:
GojiDude wrote:
ManuJM1997 wrote:
can you teach me how?

You see this right here?
Ok, copy the link of the Image you want to use
And paste it [img]HERE[/img]

Ok, thanks