New Fan Made Godzilla Manga In Works (Continues Showa Era)

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Tormentor
Interpol Agent

New Fan Made Godzilla Manga In Works (Continues Showa Era)

Post by Tormentor »

That's right folks, right read correctly.

A new Godzilla manga is in works (Although I'm surprised no one has posted this yet, its been on the 2ch forums since after new years day, guess word hasn't spread quickly enough to U.S internet shores, until now lol), the story will take place five years after the events of Terror of MechaGodzilla.

And who's our main lead monster? Godzilla! Nope! But a cold yet extremely dangerous all grown up Minilla :shock: He doesn't look like a push over anymore.

A new nuclear war created by humanity has plagued the world, leaving it in a vulnerable state as a result intergalactic forces come into play and try to take over. Showa Godzilla, and the tough residents of Monster Island combat against the threat, and managed to force them into retreat. At the cost of their lives. Ten years passed, and the threat returns for a final attack. As they enter, so does a newly mature Godzilla, Minilla, along with a new generation of monsters. As the new King of the Monsters, due to mankind's foolishness and losing the closest thing he could call family, will Minilla forgive humanity and defend the world? Or will his wrath wipe everything out?

(Grown up Minilla below, all three pics)

Sooo....Any thoughts?

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Re: New Godzilla Manga In Works (Continues From Showa Era)

Post by ゴジラ »

Minilla becoming a badass, and the new King...About time! It'll take some time to get use to it, since you know, Minilla has always been a more, um...Kind heart-ed character? And very friendly and playfully innocent in nature. Making him a badass is a huge 360 degree turn around from all that lol. So it'll take a while to get use to that.

And once again, mankind royally skreeonks things up.

Destroyer
G-Grasper

Post by Destroyer »

Got a link to where this originated? This is pretty cool news. Awesome news. Hmm...it should technically take place after DESTROY ALL MONSTERS then if Minya is grown up.
Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. ~Ephesians 5:16

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Destroyer_199

Owner of http://destroyer14.com/

Editor/Reviewer for http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/.

gojira012
Interpol Agent

Post by gojira012 »

How do we know this isn't some really good artist doujinshi

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

Destroyer wrote:Got a link to where this originated? This is pretty cool news. Awesome news. Hmm...it should technically take place after DESTROY ALL MONSTERS then if Minya is grown up.
I know I've seen the news on this dude's yahoo blog an hour ago, just can't seem to find it.
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/nsrpp579/41010647.html

Find it! He always has Godzilla manga news so it should still be there.

True, it should take place after DAM, guess they are going by the films and their order. Not that I'm complaining of course lol

Destroyer
G-Grasper

Post by Destroyer »

ゴジラ wrote:I know I've seen the news on this dude's yahoo blog an hour ago, just can't seem to find it.

True, it should take place after DAM, guess they are going by the films and their order. Not that I'm complaining of course lol
Yeah, the fact that an actual Godzilla manga taking place in the Showa continuity is pretty darn awesome. It seems to be pretty obscure news though, can't seem to find it anywhere. Seems to have been taken down there.
Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. ~Ephesians 5:16

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Destroyer_199

Owner of http://destroyer14.com/

Editor/Reviewer for http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/.

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

Destroyer wrote:
ゴジラ wrote:I know I've seen the news on this dude's yahoo blog an hour ago, just can't seem to find it.

Yeah, the fact that an actual Godzilla manga taking place in the Showa continuity is pretty darn awesome. It seems to be pretty obscure news though, can't seem to find it anywhere. Seems to have been taken down there.
Kinda remains me like most of the Godzilla manga already out there lol. Seriously! The Heisei Godzilla mangas have been out for years now, and still they are no where to be found online for reading entirely. :?

You can only see scraps and examples, and unless someone upload scans like the Ultraman Manga series, then we aren't going to see none of this at all. :shock:

Kinda makes me wonder...Who exactly died? Rodan? Anguirus? OwO Manda?

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Ooooh, this sounds awesome! Gonna have to keep an eye on this.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

Living Corpse wrote:So wait, the Minlla in DAM is a different one? Remember these films usually take place the same year they come out with DAM being an exception that takes place in 1999 (the future since it came out in 1968).
I think its the same Minilla, its just that the timeline is being most likely interrupted differently. And not strictly upon the actual date within DAM.

Then again, they could be doing things before DAM, and re-writing a bit so that it'll be Minilla experiencing DAM along with the newer generation of monsters. Leading them into battle instead of Godzilla and the original Monster army. If this happens then...That means that...Ghidorah will still be alive :shock: And Minilla leading his own monster army (assuming such things actually happen) then that would also be badass.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

I like the art a lot. But that doesn't look like a Showa Godzilla at all. Much less the deformed, derpy Minya.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:I like the art a lot. But that doesn't look like a Showa Godzilla at all. Much less the deformed, derpy Minya.
^ True, then again we don't know how or what Minilla would truly look like as a adult Godzilla.
And since a new nuclear war had occurred, we don't necessarily know if the fallout of said war mutated differently him some how. (Most likely that is the case) The second picture does look like a look that Minilla could have matured into.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

All I can say is that this is going to be awesome! 'bout time someone started adding on the Showa series! :)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Japan, you have my attenion! :shock:

So, if I understand right, this manga is going to fill in the gap in the Showa timeline between ToMG and DAM? AWESOME! Interesting that, unless I'm misunderstanding, the main story seems to pick up in 1985...

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

Pkmatrix wrote:Japan, you have my attenion! :shock:

So, if I understand right, this manga is going to fill in the gap in the Showa timeline between ToMG and DAM? AWESOME! Interesting that, unless I'm misunderstanding, the main story seems to pick up in 1985...
Pretty much ^ While the films are in reserve in terms of date, they'll probably be acknowledging everything except maybe a few nitpick details in order to make their story work. Like perhaps they change up the orders of the films to make things seem more logical with TOMG being the last point to start their story from. So it'll most likely be a tweaked timeline to some extent since DAM pretty much messed up the flow.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Can't wait for more news on this!
A Showa-based story already sounds like a hell lot of fun!
Formerly known as kurtzilla

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

I'd be totally cool with this story even if it branches into its own timeline where DAM doesn't happen, if it keeps things consistent and interesting. Never thought I'd see the day where I'd actually start respecting Minilla. Is that the Showa Godzilla's arm falling off in that image...? Brutal!

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like Minilla will have some sort of scar on one side of his face... Could just be the shading, though.
Still... Hyped!
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Eunectes
Gotengo Officer

Post by Eunectes »

Grown up Minilla?

YESSSSS
Last edited by Eunectes on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gojira012
Interpol Agent

Post by gojira012 »

Taking place in the 1980's? BOSS! Ahh The 80's! The days when there was Heart and Soul, Where there was actually areason to go outside. The days when there was a reason to wake up on Saturday morning, When Gas was a respectable price. Where a people ACTUALLY Talked and not Waste their lives on texting. When a tablet was NOT Essential to living.

But other then that Are that any more images? Who will the main characters be?

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

GigaBowserG wrote: Maybe it's just me, but it looks like Minilla will have some sort of scar on one side of his face... Could just be the shading, though.
Still... Hyped!
I guess that means that Minilla will be quite the interesting monster since it looks like his eye hasn't healed yet. Or at all. Wonder what monster could have caused that... :eh: Either way, it makes him look kinda badass.

Haven't found much else except that it'll be coming out later Summer in Japan this year and will be an on-going series within some kind of manga magazine. People think it could be HERO'S Monthly, but I doubt it. So chances of literally attaining it and finding scans of it online will be next to impossible unless someone goes out, imports the magazine and scanlates the manga onto the internet.

Its hard enough to get and find Ultraman, this one will be just as difficult.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

In the bottom image, it looks like the arm isn't attached to anything. Could that possibly be the Showa Godzilla suffering wounds from a battle?
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."