Random Godzilla/Kaiju Fanart

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: Random Godzilla/Kaiju Fanart

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Stumbled across these on Twitter. These designs are skreeonking rad.

And MUTO Prime.

Baby MUTO.

Where I found these: https://mobile.twitter.com/MechaMag75/s ... 2337351691
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I like the baby MUTO, it looks very chunky in the cutest kind of way.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

The art for the MUTOs is good, 'specially Prime, but for the Godzilla headshots I really need to say that that is absolutely not how reptile skulls work.
Last edited by NSZ on Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

CyberZilla wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:34 am I like the baby MUTO, it looks very chunky in the cutest kind of way.
I love how it looks less like a bug/larvae/nymph, and more like a rhino or elephant calf.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Midora from the cancelled Midora vs Hedorah 2017 idea of Yoshimitsu Banno. Art I commisioned. Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

A WIP BioGoji fan sculpt I found. It actually fixes my biggest issue with the design, that being the numerous rolls of fat, and looks really good!
Not too sure of the actual source for this but here's the tweet I got it from: https://twitter.com/g_misterbuster/stat ... 2060869633

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Biogoji having fat rolls? I mean, Ghidogoji maybe but not Biogoji. He's kinda known for having the best proportions of the Heisei suits after all. I dont think Ive seen a single image of him where he has noticeable fat rolls.

Nevertheless, sculpt here looks pretty decent. Chest is definitely a bit too flat, but it looks good aside from that.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:27 pm Biogoji having fat rolls? I mean, Ghidogoji maybe but not Biogoji. He's kinda known for having the best proportions of the Heisei suits after all. I dont think Ive seen a single image of him where he has noticeable fat rolls.

Nevertheless, sculpt here looks pretty decent. Chest is definitely a bit too flat, but it looks good aside from that.
GhidoGoji is absolutely YOLKED homie. What do you mean!? I think those two are the most muscular incarnations of the Heisei era suits.
Image Image

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Some people believe that Ghidogoji's muscles look more like fat than anything. I dont get it myself but Id understand that a bit more than saying that Biogoji has fat rolls.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

94 looks like it has fat rolls not 91.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

A Fine Boi

He Chomnk

A Heckin' Chonker

HEFTYCHONK

MEGACHONKER

OH LAWD HE COMIN

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I never realized how much bolkier Ghidogoji's legs were than Biogoji's. Still looks great, though. If I'm being honest, I don't even care so much about the fat except for the fact that it limits mobility. The real problem with the post-91 suits is those goofy red eyes. Totally botches the whole look.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Im definitely a Heisei fan boy, and I think even the worst heisei suits (cough, 1993, cough) are still decent looking. But yeah, after 91 they lost a lot of the awesome factor. Probably to make Godzilla feel more personable and relatable, given in two movies he would have a baby Godzilla to look after, among other things.

ArtMaker
Interpol Agent

Post by ArtMaker »

Really old fanart that I made waaaaaaaaaay back when the (then new) Godzilla movie released in 2014. I think of these as a time capsule of that time. Man, I remember all the hype and build up to that movie’s release going all the way back to 2012 or so, and all the speculation goin’ around and crap w/ that epic first teaser of Godzilla shadowed in debris... Ah, good times. Was my first godzilla movie I saw in theatres. Missed out on Toho’s 2016 movie due to the limited release and being in Canada certainly didn’t help.

*Ah-hem* Getting back on track, here they are:

https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerprod ... -846644585

With the film’s success came word of a sequel that would feature the other Toho classics: Rodan, Mothra and Ghidorah. These were my own attempts at guessing what they'd look like (+anguirus).
https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerprod ... -880644522

P.s. these were made when I was between 13 (at the time of the film’s release) and 14 later that same year, I believe. Personally, I’d think it’s safe to say that I have improved a significant amount as an artist since then. : )

A Cybernetic Possum
GPN Volunteer

Post by A Cybernetic Possum »

I doodled some Shin Godzilla on the back of a legal pad like a month ago and somehow didn't think to post it here until just now

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

That is straight fire! The linework, the colors, everything about that looks so damn awesome my guy. Good job!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been working on some things I wanna post here. Haven't drawn in a while because Ive been emotionally and physically exhausted because (TW)
Spoiler:
Three weeks ago my little brother was shot and killed, and things have been tough since, but the family has also gotten closer than ever before, so some positivity came from the darkness
Ive done some sketches of my Godzilla design with the intent to restart my design series. Im not changing his design, but I want a more dynamic pose, so thats what I'll be working on. Anyway, I don't know if I posted the Godzilla 1991 I drew earlier this year, so here is that.

My major goal for 2021 was to start building my name in the Godzilla art community. One day I wanna be known like Matt Frank. Unfortunately, my year hasn't gone as planned. But its a start. I recognized the problems that lead to my inability to consistently work on projects, that being a combination of ADHD and paranoid delusions, but Im starting to get treatment on that and have had the itch to draw again. That drive, that passion, that is what my brother had in every aspect of his life, and I feel like that was his parting gift to me.

Long comment aside, Im excited to post more art here, basically. XD

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

^ You could easily illustrate a Godzilla comic Hamster, your work is so clean. You make something hand drawn almost look digital in how precise it is.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Thank you. Ive tried working on comics before... the thing they don't tell you is its not the workload that makes comics very difficult to make, its the fucking price tag lmao. I tried doing just 5 pages with a decent amount of detail and just greytone coloring with my alcohol markers and it ended up going through around $40 of art supplies.

One day maybe I will, when I have more money, probably after Im done buying Godzilla figures lol. Ive always wanted to do a comic with my own kaiju designs.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

“The world is mine”
By ABE/Carapace777 on Twitter AKA XIBALBA/Spaghettibastard on Tumblr

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:47 pm Image
“The world is mine”
By ABE/Carapace777 on Twitter AKA XIBALBA/Spaghettibastard on Tumblr
Really dig the contrasting colors and blackness.

Unrelated, I whipped this up in half an hour for fun.
Last edited by Desghidorah on Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.