Official What are you Playing and the Last Game you Beat 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official What are you Playing and the Last Game you Beat 2.0

Post by gvamp »

Just finished Ghost of Tsushima man that was an amazing game. I didn't do everything yet but I did accomplish a lot my first play through more than I normally do for most open world games.

Now its on to Metroid Dread. After that I'm not 100% sure what I'll start.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Civilization VI. I've tried to like it... there are a lot of cool new elements to it, individual aspects that are fun to play with. Overall, though, it just refuses to coalesce into an entertaining experience like its predecessor was. When Civ VII comes along, it needs to prioritize upgrading the stupid AI and difficulty settings. As of now, the only options are to make the AI pathetically passive and weak, or so economically dominant that the player can't keep up. It's really frustrating.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Yakuza 0 is a trip so far. Its game design is pretty antiquated - it feels like I'm playing a remastered Dreamcast game, but it's still a ton of fun, and the story is getting really interesting. The combat is really addictive, especially Majima's slugger mode.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I am playing Super Metroid as a warm-up for Dread.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Just finished Metroid Dread early this morning. Man that was an awesome game but very frustrating in parts. Easily the most challenging Metroid title with the exception of the original NES title. Don't get me wrong its challenging in a good/rewarding way. My first play through I got 53% of items, 10 missiles and one energy tank came from the Dread amiibos though. My plan is once Nintendo adds GB/GBA games to Switch Online go through and do 100% playthroughs of the series.

Not sure what I'll start now. I did try Blinx the Timesweeper via BC on my Series X and Werewolf the Apocalypse Earthblood but neither of those really piqued my interest. Perhaps I'll just take a break from gaming for a few weeks since I did do a bunch of marathon sessions in Ghosts and Dread.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Metroid Dread was fantastic and loved every moment of it. I didn't think the levels themselves were that difficult, but some of the bosses required a good deal of practice. The EMMIs were super neat too.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:03 am Metroid Dread was fantastic and loved every moment of it. I didn't think the levels themselves were that difficult, but some of the bosses required a good deal of practice. The EMMIs were super neat too.
this, for the most part. 100% item collection is a lot easier this time around than in the last 4 games, tho.

the weakest part of the game is the soundtrack, imo. not bad, but not as good or as memorable as any of the games before it
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:24 am Currently played the new Lost Judgement, a part of the Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku series. So far it's a major improvement over the first Judgment gameplay wise, I feel like they made Yagami's detective abilities stand out more. This game has an emphasis on a high school setting so far, which reminds me of the orphanage story that dominated most of Yakuza 3's story before the big bad guys made things worse. LJ is a story that revolves around bullying and suicide, so hopefully Yagami and crew can save the day once again.
Finished it a week or so ago, and I must say, Lost Judgment is a stellar game. Yes, they did save the day again past me lmao.
With the sheer amount of content to explore and a total of four fighting styles and vastly improved detective work, and not to mention the School Stories being a gigantic conglomeration of ten stories coming together - I'm still hooked. Can't wait for the Kaito Files dlc to release!

I find it impossible to correctly rank the Yakuza series, but I can say that LJ is my third overall favourite in gameplay and experience.

Ranked by story:
Spoiler:
1) Kiwami 2
2) Yakuza 0
3) Kiwami 1
4) Yakuza 3
5) Judgment
6) Lost Judgment
7) Yakuza 4
Ranked by gameplay:
Spoiler:
1) Kiwami 2
2) Yakuza 4
3) Lost Judgment
4) Yakuza 0
5) Kiwami 1
6) Yakuza 3
7) Judgment
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Started The Outer Worlds a few weeks ago and man is it a great game. Wish I had started it sooner rather than later. I should be done with it within a few weeks probably then I'm going to start the Pokemon Pearl remake.

PC Specs

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Fly Corp. The most addictive game I've played in a long time. Send help.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I finished off The Outer Worlds a week ago and now I'm casually playing Pokemon Shining Pearl. After Pearl I'm probably going to go through a quick game then start Horizon Zero Dawn after I do a quick game.

PC Specs

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Finished Yakuza 5. Ending made me cry, and the end credits scene did even more. Another incredible story and game.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Finished Shining Pearl not 100% but I'll work on that periodically.

Working on Horizon Zero Dawn, after that I'm not 100% sure what I'll move on to. Probably something on the Xbox.

PC Specs

Logan268
G-Grasper

Post by Logan268 »

Playing Pokemon Stadium, beat Pika and Petit Cup. Next will be Poke Cup

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Anybody played Cyberpunk 2077 for playstation 4? I heard they Frankensteined it into something vaguely playable; keep getting tempted by the 3 dollar disc at my local game store.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Finally took the dive on a Switch today and probably gonna start Skyward Sword HD. Looking forward to finally getting to play it.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Since I've lasted posted, I finished Horizon Zero Dawn did almost all the stuff I could in that (missed one set of collectibles; the vantage points). Then took a break and played through TitanFall 2 on the Xbox One/Series X and then last night I finished off the story of HZD Frozen Wilds didn't do hardly any of the side stuff at all. I'm going to go for a full 100%/Platinum trophy on my next playthrough.

Now I'm working on Pokemon Legends Arceus. Not 100% sure what I'll be playing after that but I'm leaning toward Serious Sam on the Xbox.

PC Specs

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Been playing through the Link's Awakening remake. Cute game so far but the dungeons are a tad short.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Finished Link's Awakening and started Skyward Sword. Using the directional pad for the sword is a tad annoying.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I'm burnt on Pokemon so I started playing Elden Ring, but I just don't feel like playing any games right now. I do really enjoy Elden Ring even though it's not the type of game I normally play but I think because I've played so many games in such a short span that I burnt myself out on games right now. I'm going to force myself to play some Elden Ring tomorrow and if I still feel burnt out, I'm going to take a gaming hiatus and focus on another hobby that I enjoy.

PC Specs