Official What are you Playing and the Last Game you Beat 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Breakdown
Keizer

Re: Official What are you Playing and the Last Game you Beat 2.0

Post by Breakdown »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:54 am Downloaded Doom 64 on my PS4 and starting jacking around on that.
Speaking of which, I downloaded Doom 2016 last night and I'm having a blast. Game is super fun and fast paced.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I "beat" Marvel's Avengers on the Series X and I think it was just average. Wasn't great but wasn't terrible either. I was going to make that last until May when RE8 comes out but I think I'm just going to play Monster Hunter Rise instead. I'll go back to the DLC missions later on.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Restarted Darksiders again. Bought the Warmastered edition for super cheap on the Playstation store several months back. Was sick all weekend so I figured it might as well delve into it again.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Beat DOOM: Eternal. The Icon of Sin was pretty easy as a boss, even on Ultra violence. The minions he spawned gave me more trouble that he did. In fact, most of the bosses except the Gladiator were pretty easy. The Doom Hunter is so weak I laugh whenever he shows up later on in the game as an enemy. I think the Cyberdemon from DOOM 2016 was still the hardest boss in the new games, though I've played both of them enough now to where I think I can probably take him without dying as much, if at all.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I beat the Gears 5 expansion Hivebusters earlier this week.

Probably not going to game until Friday when RE8 comes out. I don't want to get into something only to give up on it. After RE8 I'll probably go to Days Gone on the PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I just finally bought Sonic Mania, and am watching my brother and sister play it. They have virtually no experience with the franchise, whereas Sonic 2 was my first video game, and one I played for a lot of years. It's hysterical watching them try to figure it out when they're too tired to think. :lol:

Also, what a nostalgia bomb.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Finished Village a few weeks ago and thought it was amazing. Hoping that the DLC they announced in development at E3 is story stuff and not new Mercenaries content.

Now I'm playing Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. After that I'm going to start Skyward Sword HD.

PC Specs

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

A couple of weeks ago I beat Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart on the PS5 and its easily my favorite in the series. Very well done game.

Then yesterday I ended up beating Doom Eternal on Xbox Series X. Another awesome game.

Now I'm just waiting for Friday to start The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD. After that I'll probably move on to Days Gone on PS4/PS5 and actually try to finish it this time.

PC Specs

Bob Sherlock
Yojimbo

Post by Bob Sherlock »

Last game I beat was King Kong on the DS (Friend dared me to)

Currently trying to 100% Mario Sunshine

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Doom Eternal

It’s one of the best FPS i’ve ever played.
It has everything that I love, Badass Demon, compelling lore, and senseless violence

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Playing Sonic Forces...it's worse than I imagined. Absolutely nothing to it.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Finally got my hands on an affordable copy of Spider-Man 2 for ps2. Haven't decided if it holds up yet or not. Combat is still fun, but swinging around is a little more spastic than I remember.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Almost done with The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD. I just have boss rush mode to do to get the Hylian Shield then the last little bit of story after that and I'm done.

Probably going to move on to Days Gone after that or maybe play a bit more of No Man's Sky on Xbox Series X. I'm a member of Bing rewards and they had something where you get 500 bonus points for playing one of 10 different games and getting an achievement for that game; well I chose NMS and they have weird gamerscore for that game they have some chevos that are worth 16, some that are worth 32 and one that's worth 72. I'm kind of OCD on my GS if I don't have a number divisible by 5 so right now that's kind of bugging me.

PC Specs

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I played the City Shrouded in Shadows, that survival horror game from a few years ago that features monsters attacking Tokyo and you as the protagonist avoiding them.

So far:
Stage 1: Ultraman and Alien Melfias:
-Pretty simple

Stage 2: Subway
Legion Soldiers and Legion Plant

Stage 3: Bridge
Mothra and Battra

Stage 4: Office Building (?)
Giant Robots from a series I don't recognize

Honestly, no one is missing out much by the fact that it wasn't localized. Maybe things will change later with heavy hitters, but it's not as dynamic as you'd think it would be. The monster attack segments are surprisingly short, and the majority of the game is just running from point A to Point B. Because of the camera in the game, little of the game is actually you watching the monsters or having fun with them. For example, for obvious reasons, when you run away from the Legion Soldiers you're not facing them. Hard to explain, but the game is pretty janky and vomit inducing. The controls are not good.

Also, thus far, the game seems to be purely derived from individual set pieces from the respective property. For example, Legion attacks the subway, and later you survive Mothra and Battra on the bridge. This means that the appeal of the game, the crossover aspect, as of four stages in, seems to be completely moot as monsters are cut off from interacting with other IPs and pretty much just do what they're supposed to do in film.

There have been a few cool moments, like when you're riding a motorbike off the bridge, and Battra swoops in and fires beams that you have to dodge, but these moments don't last long and are few and far between.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Finished Skyward Sword HD on Saturday night.

I'm now playing Ghosts of Tsushima Directors Cut. I'm really liking the game, it didn't look appealing to me when it was first shown off but now that I've spent some time with it I'm really enjoying it. Going to try and make this last until October then I'm going to start Metroid Dread. After that the first Psychonaughts game then move on to Days Gone.

PC Specs

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Well I was going to restart Days Gone but decided to start Ghost of Tsushima and my god is that an amazing game. I'm 22 hours in and just got to the second act mainly because I've been doing side stuff which I normally don't do in open world games.

PC Specs

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Currently playing through Insomniac’s Spider-Man Remastered on my PS5 and…wow.

It is singlehandedly the best superhero game I’ve ever played and one of my favorite games of all time. I get sidetracked from the main story so often because of all the fun challenges and side-thingies available.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

I'm one step closer to completing Sonic Mania 100% - only one more trophy to go, which requires getting gold medals for all of the Blue Sphere stages; and then I just need to get the Chaos Emeralds on Encore Mode...both of which are easier said than done. These Bonus/Special stages are the toughest part of the game, bar none.

I did get my best speedrun ever today - 59 seconds on Stardust Speedway Act 2. Nowhere close to the record (26 seconds), but pretty good for me lol
Jermobooka wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:33 pm Currently playing through Insomniac’s Spider-Man Remastered on my PS5 and…wow.

It is singlehandedly the best superhero game I’ve ever played and one of my favorite games of all time. I get sidetracked from the main story so often because of all the fun challenges and side-thingies available.
It's an absurdly good game, definitely in my top 5. I'm playing Miles Morales and it isn't as good, but still solid.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Currently played the new Lost Judgement, a part of the Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku series. So far it's a major improvement over the first Judgment gameplay wise, I feel like they made Yagami's detective abilities stand out more. This game has an emphasis on a high school setting so far, which reminds me of the orphanage story that dominated most of Yakuza 3's story before the big bad guys made things worse. LJ is a story that revolves around bullying and suicide, so hopefully Yagami and crew can save the day once again.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Finished up Miles Morales last night - the story and dialogue were mostly rubbish, but the gameplay is still addicting as ever, and there are some nice additions to Spider-Man's moveset. A good time, but not a classic like the first game.

Starting up Yakuza 0 now. Let's gooooo