HALO

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Re: HALO

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

JAGzilla wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:22 am
Shoopwoop17 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:54 am Choppers are back

There is a new Warthog (The Razorback) which is for troop-transport and can be loaded with weapons and equipment
These were high points for me, too. I've missed Choppers, and while I have doubts about the actual usefulness (in regular multiplayer games, anyway) of being able to store extra weapons in the Razorback, it's such a cool concept I don't even care.

Man, that grapple gun looks overpowered as hell, though. I hope they make them very rare or with very limited 'ammo', because they'll be game-wreckers, otherwise.
I saw someone talking about how they could load up the Razorback with a fusion coil and use it for suicide bombing. People are already getting creative :lol:

I'm hoping it has two or three uses. We've seen it used twice in one clip so it at least has two uses. But yeah, it definitely could be an issue. Still, I like it better than the jetpack!
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

I signed up for Halo PC flighting so if there's a multiplayer beta for Infinite I'm on that shit
Last edited by ClandestineCanine9 on Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

I don't know if any of yall are on the flights, but from everything I've seen, it looks like 343 has nailed it. This game looks like the perfect blend of classic and new Halo, and I am here for it. I am so excited for this game, and hope it brings on a whole new generation of fans.

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Yeah its looking great. I usually watch a Youtuber named Mint Blitz and the stuff he's been showcasing has been great. Not in the flights, but I signed up and I'm hoping to get into it.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

So far, the gunplay, map design, and overall aesthetics are great. I hated how Halo 4 and 5's UNSC armor and weapons looked too alien and organic. They really dialed it back this time.

My only issue is the mobility. They nerfed the shit out of the sprint function. And looks like they got rid of the boost. Plus lack of assassinations in heresy.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

got to play the beta, my god I love it. I think this may end up my favorite Halo game. 343 NAILED it this time.
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

God I hope they bring back the flood again, and it seems likely they’ll do that since Halo Wars 2 brought them back

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Thatguy4683 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:10 amGod I hope they bring back the flood again, and it seems likely they’ll do that since Halo Wars 2 brought them back
it's more likely the Flood will return due to the game being set on Zeta Halo (Installation 07), rather than because HW2 did it.

Added in 25 seconds:
though I absolutely agree bring the Flood back
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:51 pm So far, the gunplay, map design, and overall aesthetics are great. I hated how Halo 4 and 5's UNSC armor and weapons looked too alien and organic. They really dialed it back this time.

My only issue is the mobility. They nerfed the shit out of the sprint function. And looks like they got rid of the boost. Plus lack of assassinations in heresy.
Agreed. I'm also happy that the magnum isn't super strong like it was in Halo 5 where the meta revolved around it. All of the weapons seem to be nicely balanced.

Also I LOVE the Skewer harpoon gun thing. It sounds like a goddamn cannon.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Speaking of floods I would like to have some new variations with some old variations from past games as well.

Maybe they can use some of the cut flood variations, would be fantastic to fight the flood juggernaut

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Considering they're both owned by Microsoft now.. when's the Halo/DOOM crossover?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:48 pm Considering they're both owned by Microsoft now.. when's the Halo/DOOM crossover?
I'd be willing to bet there will be a Doom inspired armor set you can use in Halo Infinite. Even if not at release, it'll happen at some point.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:48 pm Considering they're both owned by Microsoft now.. when's the Halo/DOOM crossover?
A Gears of War/DOOM crossover would be more fitting with the hyper-violence and executions. As a fan of both franchises, I'd totes be down for it.

Anyway, seeing as it was confirmed that Infinite will be getting story DLCs, I'm really hoping they bring back Atriox and the Spirit of Fire crew to tie everything in.
ImageImage

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

We may even see Atriox in the main campaign with how little we still know about it right now, which personally really excites me.

#BotM

Lesko
GPN Volunteer

Post by Lesko »

I hope to see the Flood too. They are such a key and major part of the franchise I don't see how they can't show up again. The only way to stop them is to eliminate all traces of them which is practically impossible to accomplish.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Lesko wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:11 pm I hope to see the Flood too. They are such a key and major part of the franchise I don't see how they can't show up again. The only way to stop them is to eliminate all traces of them which is practically impossible to accomplish.
If they're not in the main campaign, I'd bet they're gonna be DLC. Perhaps even a Flood-based Firefight mode.

I think it's kind of inevitable that they'll return. Halo Wars 2 showed how easily things can spiral out of control from just one mistake in quarantine.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

for anyone who isn't aware, release date is December 8.
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Am I honest God opinion I think that the flood are my most favorite thing in the Halo Franchise, literally everything about them is very interesting in my opinion, their designs, the lore, and even the cut content of them are very interesting.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Gosh...I NEED them to get the story right in this one. Halo 5 had a terrible campaign. I want to be able to skip that campaign entirely, to be able to just go from Halo 4 to Halo Infinite and not feel like there is a 'gap' in the story.

Considering that a while back they said they wanted the campaign to work for first time Halo players as well as long-term fans...I have a suspicion I'll get my wish. If the story works for people who have never played a Halo game, it should also work for people who like to skip/ignore Halo 5.

Fingers crossed.
Last edited by Chrispy_G on Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Chrispy_G wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:00 am Gosh...I NEED them to get the story right in this one. Halo 5 had a terrible campaign. I want to be able to skip that campaign entirely, to be able to just go from Halo 4 to Halo Infinite and not feel like there is a 'gap' in the story.

Considering that a while back they said they wanted the campaign to work for first time Halo players as well as long-term fans...I have a suspicion I'll get my wish. If the story works for people who have never played a Halo game, it should also work for people who like to skip/ignore Halo 5.

Fingers crossed.
I mean, the main developments from Halo 5 (which don't look like they will have too much bearing on Infinite) are:
Spoiler:
The Storm Covenant were wiped out, Cortana is evil now and running an army of all the A.I. in the galaxy. Wanted to put John in stasis for a few thousand years so she could create a new, subservient universe
Obviously don't click that if you don't want spoilers, but those are the most important things.