new kaiju based game "Giga Bash"

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: new kaiju based game "Giga Bash"

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzillakuj94 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:50 am
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:46 am Wait, since Rawa's model was in the demo, does it have a normal model or is it just always S-class?
Normal as well as an alternate skin
Spoiler:
without the gold armor
one of his taunts is also
Spoiler:
the Astro Monster Godzilla dance
I know who I'm going main.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

New trailer and release date!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

GigaBash has finally been released on Steam, Epic Games, and PlayStation!

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Bought it and was playing through story mode on hard, which was pretty hard but seemed to get significantly easier as I played on. I’m not finished with it yet, but it’s pretty fun. I kind of wish story mode was a little more than a few levels per each monster but it’s quite serviceable, and I bought the game for the multiplayer which I’ll check out tomorrow. Overall I’m pretty pleased
He Jock it Made of Steel

Houndoom
GPN Volunteer

Post by Houndoom »

This play pretty close to the old Pipeline Godzilla games?

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

This is really fun so far! I haven't gotten into every little thing yet (still have to do Story Mode), just a few basic versus rounds so far, but I love the energy this game has to it. Sort of like War of the Monsters on crack (you can even see an obvious WOTM influence with some of the arenas). The monsters are great and fun to play as (Woolley is adorable) and I love the hazards some of the arenas have. I really hope this does well enough to stick around for a while and get itself some DLC.
Houndoom wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:37 amThis play pretty close to the old Pipeline Godzilla games?
Somewhat, but it's more like a cross between War of the Monsters and Super Smash Bros.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I love that the ultrahero is a bit over the hill. Far as I care he's still got it!
Haven't finished the story modes.

Also bought Kaiju Wars and I think I want to get Into the Breach too. Seem to be getting into independent monster games this week.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Really enjoying this game, even if I haven't played online just yet. I'm maining Skorak, just like I had predicted nearly 2 years ago.

Houndoom
GPN Volunteer

Post by Houndoom »

Is there any plans for crossplay? I think that’s the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger cause pc player count seems small.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Man, there I am, playing Story Mode, and I get through Gorogong, Pipijuras, Woolley, and Thundatross, and I'm looking forward to seeing who comes next in the line up... And then I'm done. That's it. Roll credits. Come back later when the other Story Modes are added via a patch or DLC later. Lame. I was really enjoying myself and the game and that totally killed my momentum, lol. Now I guess I'll just play Vs. Mode a lot and wait for the hopefully inevitable DLC. And on the topic of DLC and hopefully getting new monsters added later on, I do hope they promote MechaJuras from a stage hazard to a proper character. We need a non anime/tokusatsu-style robot on the roster.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:18 pm Man, there I am, playing Story Mode, and I get through Gorogong, Pipijuras, Woolley, and Thundatross, and I'm looking forward to seeing who comes next in the line up... And then I'm done. That's it. Roll credits. Come back later when the other Story Modes are added via a patch or DLC later. Lame. I was really enjoying myself and the game and that totally killed my momentum, lol.
Appreciate this, heard a few things about how the game feels like it's missing some content, so I'm kind of glad I didn't bite the bullet on it yet. Looks like a fairly polished experience at least.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

KaijuSandwich
Young Farmer

Post by KaijuSandwich »

I loved the demo to this game, dying for the chance to play the full version

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

KaijuSandwich wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:11 am I loved the demo to this game, dying for the chance to play the full version
Well, if you have 35 dollars to give, it's on PC (Steam, Epic Games) and PlayStation right now!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Just got the game for PS4. Having an absolute blast. Cleared the first three stories, going to save the last for later. I was iffy on this game at first, not really caring for the kaiju designs, gameplay mechanics and the overall style of the game. But man, playing it really swayed me to its side. REALLY fun game. I haven't played with everyone yet (only three so far), but I really did Pipijiras and Woolly. Gorogarg or whatever was really a pain in the ass to use, not really my style of fighter.

REALLY looking forward to see what else they got in the works for this game. I'm 100% onboard for seeing Godzilla pop up as DLC now, but it really feels like a game that'd be great to see Gamera pop up too.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I'm more of an Xbox player so I'm going to pick the game up when it drops on Xbox, which is hopefully by the end of the year.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

https://youtu.be/rvyojs33gn4

Godzilla may have come to challange Rawa.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Maybe Gamera could join in too.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

So who's everyone's main? Mine is Skorak personally. I love the utility his shell has, though one of his block attacks is borderline useless where he belches toxic fumes. I recently unlocked this cool nudibranch skin for him. Rawa would be my runner up, though I'm not really a fan of how his shockwave move knocks out his HP bar when fully charged.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Breakdown wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:38 am So who's everyone's main? Mine is Skorak personally. I love the utility his shell has, though one of his block attacks is borderline useless where he belches toxic fumes. I recently unlocked this cool nudibranch skin for him. Rawa would be my runner up, though I'm not really a fan of how his shockwave move knocks out his HP bar when fully charged.
Either Skorak or Pipijuras. I've gotten the former to his max level very recently.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Well, here he is!! I just wish it wasn't the Heisei design though....