Mortal Kombat General 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by LegendZilla »

How the fuck did Fire God Liu Kang spontaneously show again in the final battle against Shang Tsung?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Mileena finally being accepted by Kitana as a sister in her Friendship is the most wholesome thing I've seen in MK in a long time.

EDIT:

Light Balence back with more MK dance shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGmlBlaDvRc
Last edited by BlankAccount on Wed May 27, 2020 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

What guest characters do you think should be added in the next game (or any future instalment in the franchise)? Some of my ideas include :

Micheal Myers
Pinhead
Doomguy
Rambo
Neo
Mad Max
Pennywise
Negan
Any character from Game of Thrones
John Constantine
Lobo
Sweet Tooth

Sadly, I am not sure if they will ever add Ash Williams from Evil Dead.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

I've seen a petition on Change.org get none other than John Wick to made a DLC on MORTAL KOMBAT XI.
One I signed as a big fan of the character was for Brian Pulido's Lady Death. One of the progenitors of the Bad Girl craze in comics during the Nineties with Chaos Comics, and experiencing a resurgence with Pulido's new Coffin Comics imprint.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Death
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'd say Alex Mercer from Prototype deserved it the longest, outside of Spawn.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Ash. Ash and Michael Myers before any other guest at this point. And I'd rather see Neo than Wick, at least Neo stems from a sci-fi/fantastic series. John Wick is... well, as cool as he is... I just think Neo would fit better.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Wasn't Ash officially de-confirmed?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri May 29, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LegendZilla wrote:^Wasn't Ash officially de-confirmed?
No... He was never confirmed nor deconfirmed. He was found in game files, removed, added back in and then removed yet again.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Mac Daddy MM wrote:
No... He was never confirmed nor deconfirmed. He was found in game files, removed, added back in and then removed yet again.
In that case, I think there’s only a 50/50 chance we will get him.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat May 30, 2020 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LegendZilla wrote:
Mac Daddy MM wrote:
In that case, I think there’s only a 50/50 chance we will get him.
At this point, I think its more of a 90% chance. Look at the timeline of events and everything that has happened.

Ash is datamined, sounds of a chainsaw are heard at end of original Shang Tsung reveal trailer announcing Sindel, Nightwolf, Spawn and two more guests. At same time, Bruce Campbell is doing "damage control" by posting memes and even responding to a tweet by Ed Boon saying he'll have to check this game out. Following full Kombat Pack reveal, Sheeva, Fujin and Ash were removed from game files and added back sometime around the release of Joker. Later on, during another patch, coding for a character "Rob" was added, obviously Robocop. Now Robocop, Sheeva and Fujin were released as DLC while all coding for Ash was, once again, removed.

In many interviews, Bruce Campbell is asked about the character in the game. He specifically says that "Ash from the Evil Dead films will not be in Mortal Kombat." However, when Spawn was released in March, an E-mail was sent out with copyright information for Joker, Spawn, Terminator and... Ash. However, Ash's copyright did NOT list him as "Ash Williams from Evil Dead" but instead "Ash Williams from Army of Darkness."

Guess what company owns Army of Darkness? MGM, the same company that NRS/WB had to work with in order to get Robocop in the game. So, in context, Bruce never lied. Ash from the Evil Dead movies and TV series won't be in the game, but instead the version of the character in Army of Darkness (arguably the most well known portrayal).

Finally, during more interviews, Ash dances around various reasons why he isn't in the game, including throwing out legal hurdles and all that other jazz. And yet, in another HOWEVER moment, Johnny Cage's voice actor recently responded to a tweet by Bruce Campbell. That tweet has since been deleted. If Bruce Campbell is in the game, he is going to be under a NDA, meaning he won't be able to confirm or even hint at his involvement. But he can always say he can't be. A very similar thing happened at the beginning of MK11 with Cary Tagawa saying he had no involement... and now look... here he is in full Shang Tsung mode.

Everyone needs not to forget that both Ed Boon and Bruce Campbell are known to troll their own fandom. When it all comes down to it, it is all about money. Guest characters are the most popular and best selling DLC content in these games. Terminator was the big selling point for the first Kombat Pack. RoboCop was the big seller for Aftermath (along with the new story content). Guess who would be the biggest drawl for Kombat Pack 2? Ash. While Michael Myers will also be a big thing (assuming he's indeed in as some "leaks" have said), the fact they can advertiser and use Bruce Campbell in Mortal Kombat is something of a league on its own. $50 for more characters...? Ehh, some might say. $50 for Bruce Campbell + some more characters... Fuck to the yeah.

Ash is most likely be saved for the final batch of DLC, to milk every dime from everyone's wallet that owns this game. It also acts as a bit of a trolling mechanism against all the data miners that "ruined" the surprise of the Kombat Pack's roster as soon as the game was released. Now, with Aftermath, all that remains indicting future DLC characters are 8 blank spaces and new dialogue interaction with the DLC characters and Sektor, showing that Sektor is most likely coming in as DLC. OR the Sektor dialogue's could be a red herring, with NRS actively employing counter measures against data miners.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sat May 30, 2020 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/12 ... 5469644800

If it means Mortal Kombat vs. Killer Instinct can become a reality then skreeonk yes to this! :D

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Does this mean that WB games will not be called WB games anymore?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

WB needed exclusives to challenge Playstations God of War, Infamous etc. (not an avid PS guy so i'm not as attached to their exclusives).

343 killed Halo, which they're trying to revive with Infinite, Gears 4 and 5 were subpar at best. So if Xbox could manage to pull MK,Telltale, and the Arkham franchise over as exclusives? That'd be epic, and exactly what they'd need.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Do any of you think the odds are that Ed Boon and co. hate Liu Kang? Why else would've they screwed him over for nearly 20 years?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LegendZilla wrote:Do any of you think the odds are that Ed Boon and co. hate Liu Kang? Why else would've they screwed him over for nearly 20 years?
Considering he's legit considered the main character and has been featured as playable in every game except for one and even has his own spin-off game?

No.

Quote of the Year:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Since Microsoft apparently wants to buy WB Games, that makes me wonder, why just not have AT&T (which owns Warner) and Microsoft just have a merger so that the former won't loose an asset?

For a very long time Microsoft has been getting its ass kicked by Apple, so merging with another big company might be beneficial. So long as we have more companies than just Disney.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Ed Boon has been dropping "Klues" for future contend to be released, the first of which I am certain is an Ash Williams reference.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1307123649573466113

Being the hero that comes from the sky in Army of Darkness and one of the prior E-mail leaks specifically mentioning this Ash being the AoD incarnation.

The second: https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1307443461759655938

A lot of people are thinking this means Smoke as Elm is the type of tree used to display faces and such, in which was the Living Forest and the debut of Smoke in the original games. However, a few also think the Klue may be a bit more right on the nose: Nightmare. I never played Soul Calibur, but it seems like he'd fit right in and Ed Boon has stated he wants to have a video game guest character. Capcom has denied having a Street Fighter character appear, but maybe Namco has agreed?

Quote of the Year:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Thursday, October 8th, 8:00 AM CDT

Kombat Pack 2.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bi1Tq3MoUc

Thursday, October 8th, 8:00 AM CDT

Kombat Pack 2.
It's Rambo, lol. I just REALLY hope they got Sly to do voice and likeness, not just likeness. I admit, it's going to be VERY weird seeing him cross paths with demons, sorcerers, ninjas, robots, etc. All the other guests have been more firmly rooted in "fantasy and sci-fi"... Rambo is the first guest that comes from a much more grounded and "realistic" franchise. I know there was that one long lost Rambo pitch that had him tracking down and fighting a government-made monster, but that never got off the grounded (of course).

I just REALLY hope we get a John Matrix-inspired skin for Terminator to go with Rambo. It just NEEDS to happen.

But how about the returning Mileena and Rain that have been datamined? I was half expecting Mileena, but I can surely say I wasn't expecting Rain at all.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

12 hours to go!

Added in 11 hours 46 minutes 53 seconds:

Spoiler:
Mileena, Rambo, and Rain.