Your Favorite Video Games

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: Your Favorite Video Games

Post by Jermobooka »

Top favorite games in no particular order...
  • Minecraft
  • Fortnite
  • Hades
  • Overwatch
  • Smash Bros Ultimate
  • Mario Odyssey
  • Hollow Knight
Currently playing through and absolutely loving Breath of the Wild. Can’t wait for the sequel!
Last edited by Jermobooka on Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Jannick
Young Farmer

Post by Jannick »

Path of Exile is a surprisingly great game. I've tried the beginning areas of the game in the past few years but kept getting distracted with other AAA titles, but in the last 2 months I've been giving all of my spare time to POE and I'm hooked, but i did made some cash for selling poe orbs to SSEGold.

And usually, I avoid free-to-play games like the plague, so often either the product is lacking or the monetization structure limits gameplay to some degree, forcing you to pay more than you would for a priced product. After playing over 200 hrs of the game (and having a blast with the complexity and breadth of content), there's been no paywall in sight (I did buy some of the poe chaos orbs from SSEGold as an appreciation to the devs).
Last edited by Jannick on Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

No Man's Sky has been a favorite of mine for a while now. IK that the launch put a bad taste in people's mouths (for good reason), but the developers were kinda forced into it by their circumstances, and they've been releasing a steady stream of significant updates that have both captured and went beyond the original promise of the game (take a look at this internet historian video for a better picture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5BJVO3PDeQ) . The best way to describe it nowadays is as the chill pulp sci-fi lovechild of minecraft and skyrim in all the good ways, and it's got this really chill community supporting it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

In no particular order
Capcom vs Snk 2 Mark of the millennium
Zelda breath of the wild *Beautiful game can't wait for the sequel*
Majoras Mask best N64 game
Mario Bros original plus Duck hunt
Mario64
Godzilla ps4
Donkey Kong arcade
Pacman
Tetris
Devil May Cry original
Final Fantasy 7 and 8
Especially 8
Street fighter 2 all incarnations
TMNT turtles in time
Even the Nes version
Tmnt tournament fighters snes
Mario RPG snes
And a whole lot more but it'll do for now.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I’ll say the games that really impacted me the most the last few years have been Smash Bros Ultimate, Persona 5, Doom Eternal, BOTW, NieR Automata, the Insomniac Spider-Man titles, and Battlefront 2. Either I played them for hours upon hours on end, or I enjoyed the storyline deeply, or both. There are a plethora of other games that gave me similar feelings but these stood out amongst the rest.

Currently enjoying BOTW still (that’s the most recent impact) and P5 Strikers, anticipating Lego Skywalker Saga and hoping it competes with Complete Saga in my heart.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

My favorite video games are Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, New Super Mario Bros. U, Mario Kart 8, Godzilla Unleashed, Godzilla Domination, Super Mario 3D World, Pokemon Firered, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Black and White, Pokemon Platinum, Pokemon Emerald, Pokepark 1 and 2, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, Pokemon Channel, Pokemon Black2 and White2, and Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U. By the way, I haven't bought any video games for 5 years. The newest game I have is Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympics...
Last edited by GODZILLA2877 on Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Ultimate Spider-Man- probably my favorite video game. I love the aesthetic of the game, the soundtrack, and playing as Venom is so much fun.

Jak 2/3- both are games I can still pick up and play for hours today. I love platformers from this era, but Jak 2 was the first one I got to play on my own. So much fun.

Godzilla ps4- certainly not perfect but still a fun 'Godzilla simulator.'

Elder Scrolls IV: coming back to Cyrodill always feels like coming home. I love the world, the quests, characters, and especially the soundtrack.

Fallout: New Vegas- same as above. Ring-a-ding-ding baby!

Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style- best fighting game, don't @ me. "Can't mess with Big Baby Jesus!"

God of War- just for the fact you cross a bridge that turns out to be the big sword you use at the end of the game.

DmC- full disclosure, I never played any other Devil May Cry. But DmC was just the right level of over-the-top. The Noisia soundtrack takes me back to a time when dubstep was still kinda fresh and cool.

Far Cry: Blood Dragon- do I even need to explain this one? Best Far Cry game ever.

Mercenaries 2- haha big splosions go boom boom

Star Wars Battlefront 2- probably the game I've put the most time into, and also the reason I stayed a Star Wars fan for so long.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Carnivores and Carnivores 2: These games were my childhood.
For Emperor and Empire!

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:56 am Elder Scrolls IV: coming back to Cyrodill always feels like coming home. I love the world, the quests, characters, and especially the soundtrack.
I have a hard time going back to Oblivion these days, but that's mostly because I have a buggy-ass PS3 edition. I'm sure the game holds up beautifully on PC with a few mods.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Since I got into the Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku series back in early 2020, it's held it's spot as my all-time favourite series. They play like films too, and they're some of my absolute favourite stories as well. They reasonate with me, and have a outlook on life that you wouldn't get if you only saw the covers.

I'm excited for the next Judgment entry next month! What I find even cooler is that when I complete all the main games.... there's still more Japanese exlusive spin-offs to look forward to. Hopefully Sega releases the samurai and zombie titles worldwide, I'd even take a remastered "Legends" set. Hell, I'm thinking of playing the original ps2 versions of 1 & 2 at some point.

Ryu Ga Gotoku is a wild ride. The fact Sega made a smaller studio for the series is awesome.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Decided to play through Spider-Man PS4 (Remastered) and wow has it shot up to be in my top three video games.

It’s just so damn fun. The web swinging and the combat are perfection. especially the web swinging.

Sometimes I just gain speed and performing combos off of buildings for fun and completely ignore the objective. :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

AKramer1983
Young Farmer

Post by AKramer1983 »

Favorite games are games purchased on Steam... Because the chance that you will get a virus with the game is 0.00%.

PuzzledAmphibian
Monsterland Worker

Post by PuzzledAmphibian »

I for one prefer to pirate the hell out of my games!
lmao just kidding :shingodzilla:

Anyway some favourites other than Godzilla games are:
Yoshi Story
Mario Galaxy
The original Halo trilogy (Special shout out to Halo 2: Anniversary)
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/ Omega Ruby
The Sims 1, 2 and 3
TMNT Arcade games (And I'm looking forward to TMNT: Shredder's Revenge)
Tales of the Abyss
GEX
Dragon Quest (Just about any of em)

Metroid, Zelda, Nintendo, Nintendo, Nintendo LOL
Honestly I'll play about anything as long as its not the real ultra violent stuff, I just dont go in for that but it doesnt bother me if others enjoy it. Halo is probably the closest but its pretty tame compared to like Doom, Gears of War or something.
Last edited by PuzzledAmphibian on Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AKramer1983
Young Farmer

Post by AKramer1983 »

Favorite games are games purchased on Steam... Because the chance that you will get a virus with the game is 0.00%. You will get a virus in 97% through the same Torrent files. If your antivirus did not suspect anything, it does not mean that you do not have any virus. It only means that from your computer, some schoolboy is mining bitcoins for himself, and you naively think that the file was clean and you don't have any viruses. But the most convenient thing is that the money you spent on buying the game will soon pay off. I was selling skins through rust skin trading. Someone was selling on their own. In any case, you can easily make money...

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I just finished Metroid Dread, which is also the first Metroid game I’ve completed. What a beautifully designed game. From the sound and music to the level design to the progression in-game for Samus, it provides plenty of challenge and rewards you well for overcoming those challenges. I love how the maps are balanced so that you can re-explore them once you’ve gotten new powers and abilities. It’s become one of my top gaming experiences ever.

If you have any interest and don’t mind the challenge, it’s very much worthwhile.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

FalconEdge
Ronin

Post by FalconEdge »

Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP version), Among Us, Vampire Survivors, Final Fantasy 8 and 10, Legend of Zelda OoT, NCAA Football 14, World of Warships.

BumbleBee
Ronin

Post by BumbleBee »

When I switched to PC gaming, one of the first games I bought was Star Wars Battlefront 2. I spent countless hours conquering the galaxy. I loved / despised getting into multiple space battles and forgetting the game had a ground component!

BumbleBee
Ronin

Post by BumbleBee »

Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
Devil May Cry 4
Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country
Street Fighter II The World Warrior (SNES)
Devil May Cry 3
WWF No Mercy
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 4
Marvel vs Capcom series
MadWorld (the best game on the Wii as far as I'm concerned)
Super Metroid
Mario Kart 64
Super Mario 64
Paper Mario
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door
Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
Final Fantasy VII

Paleyrenk
Young Farmer

Post by Paleyrenk »

Elden Ring
Horizon Forbidden West
NBA 2K23
Pokémon Legends: Arceus
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
NBA2king
Overwatch 2
Destiny 2
Shadow Warrior 3

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

An updated list, alphabetically ordered:
Batman: Arkham City
Bioshock: Infinite
Bloodborne
Dead Space (Remake)
Dead Space 2
Demon's Souls (Remake)
Doom (2016)
Elden Ring
Last of Us
Last of Us Part II
Gears of War 3
God of War (PS4)
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo: Reach
New Super Mario Bros
Pokémon: HeartGold/SoulSilver
Pokémon: Sword/Shield
Resident Evil 2 (Remake)
Super Mario 3D Land
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy