Monster Hunter General Thread 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Re: Monster Hunter General Thread 2.0

Post by Dino-Mario »

Love Nakarkos' gnarly look.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Viz is releasing the Monster Hunter: World artbook domestically. Always wanted a Monster Hunter artbook.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Viz is releasing the Monster Hunter: World artbook domestically. Always wanted a Monster Hunter artbook.
Now I know what to ask for my birthday.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

MHWI Rajang cutscenes and gameplay.

Added in 1 month 14 days 18 hours 2 minutes 49 seconds:

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Developer diary explaining the newest monster and how it’ll work.

It’s another multiplayer only monster, yay... shit!
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Very Vermithrax/Reign of Fire inspired I like it! Definitely their most basic looking dragon in quite a while but sometimes there's beauty in simplicity.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I recently started playing MHW a lot and I'm really loving it. I wish I had started playing it more when I first got it but I don't remember why I didn't.

I just hunted the poof bat in the Coral Highlands so I got the parts to convert the research center into an airship. Before I do the next story quest I'm probably going to do some side quests.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

gvamp wrote:I recently started playing MHW a lot and I'm really loving it. I wish I had started playing it more when I first got it but I don't remember why I didn't.

I just hunted the poof bat in the Coral Highlands so I got the parts to convert the research center into an airship. Before I do the next story quest I'm probably going to do some side quests.
usually what I do unless it's anything with rathalos
your source of self destruction

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I ended up doing more story missions and I'm back in Astera. So tomorrow when I play again I'm doing a few side missions then going back into "story" missions.

I decided to look at a walkthrough last night and found out I only have 11 more story missions to go until I get to Icebourne.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Capcom needs to do one more expansion pack for MHW and bring back Leviathans, maybe introduce a new one that's larger than the Lagiacrus

PC Specs

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

It looks like the Avatar dragon's here!

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Just beat the main MHW game last night. Was an awesome game and as much as I hate to say it was the first MH game I've beaten. Can't wait to jump into Iceborne, though I'm probably going hold off for a bit until after I finish a few other games.

PC Specs

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I downloaded the base MHW game on my Xbox a little while ago. Will try it out as soon as I get some time, hopefully tomorrow. I've never played any of the games in this series, or had any interest, honestly, but with SHMA making the figures, now, I know I'm going to be seeing a lot about it around here. And it does look really cool now that I'm paying attention, so I wanted to give it a shot.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Got the Monster Hunter World: The Official Complete Works off Amazon. It was like 50 bucks but it's a huge coffee table style book. Its almost 2 inches thick. Its an art book but is written as an in-universe hunter manual and field guide. I'm actually really impressed.

Some in hand photos from my Twitter.
https://twitter.com/TLK_1983/status/129 ... 07712?s=19

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

The End of Times has come...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!