Most Frustrating Gaming Experience

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Breakdown
Keizer

Re: Most Frustrating Gaming Experience

Post by Breakdown »

Kaijunator wrote:
Breakdown wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:Halo 3 Legendary campaign. First level. Died like ten times.
Weakling :P

Wait until you get to Tsavo Highway where Jackal Snipers almost never miss and instant kill you. Oh yeah, and Cortana. That level is the epitome of evil.

Ugh, all this Halo talk makes me miss Xbox so damn much. I miss the hell out of Halo and Gears of War :(
Cortana was hard even on Normal. The Flood was so freaking annoying. I couldn't go anywhere without the Flood showing up. They even knocked me off the bridges when I was destroying those blue pillars (Forgot their name) to start the destruction of High Serenity!
*High Charity ;)

Though, I'd argue that The Flood in Combat Evolved are 10000000000000000000000000000000x worse than in any of the later games. They refused to fucking die and they carried Rocket Launchers.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Vatarian wrote:All this talk of Bungie games reminds me of the Taken King. Anyone here have it?
Considering getting the Legendary edition so I can have the original Destiny and the two expansions.

@Breakdown: I just got into Halo with Reach, and after beating it and 3, I'm now starting Combat Evolved. If what you say turns out to be true, I'm in for some baaaaad stuff.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

^ Just grab Plasma weapons and you should be (mostly) ok. The MA5B and M6D barely slow the flood down unless you know where to aim with the pistol, but when you have like 8 of these guys rushing you, you don't exactly have time to place your shots accurately unless you have nerves of steel. The Assault Rifle is borderline useless against the Flood as you can dump almost an entire magazine into one and it won't die. Which makes sense since it fires 7.62mm FMJ rounds which are effective against armor and not soft tissue.
ImageImage

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

The shotgun is probably the best weapon for anti-Flood Combat Form work. It's a little risky because you have to let them get close, but the ability to one-shot them is worth it.

And yeah, the Flood in the first two games were just no fun at all to deal with. H3 fixed that up, thankfully.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

^ Forgot the Shotgun, lol. Yeah, the Shotgun has fantastic crowd-control abilities and can drop multiple Flood in one shot. However you may need to double tap just to be sure.
ImageImage

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Breakdown wrote:^ Forgot the Shotgun, lol. Yeah, the Shotgun has fantastic crowd-control abilities and can drop multiple Flood in one shot. However you may need to double tap just to be sure.
Or melee them. But mostly I wasn't fighting the Flood in 3. I just ran through them.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

NOOO. The last thing you want to do to the CE Flood is get anywhere near them. Melee does almost no damage to them (It doesn't even stagger them like it does most enemies), and they're around as strong as an Elite Minor (Blue armored elites) in terms of strength. On higher difficulties they're even stronger.

Oh yeah and watch out for Carrier forms. These sneaky fuckers will magically get behind you and when you turn around they explode in your face and instant-kill you. Even if you gun them down at a distance you'd better hope there's no grenades on the ground otherwise you'll set off a chain reaction.
ImageImage

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Fun Fact: The Flood in Halo 3 CAN carry rocket launchers and snipers, abeit very rarely. Those were the bane of my existence in Cortana when trying to clear it on Legendary. trying to be careful, when random rocket blows me up. oh the fun memories...

As for new frustration in video games... Obligatory Battle Maison mention, and how trying to get to fight 50 is borderline impossible. yay hax.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

It must be an ultra rare occurrence because I've never run into one, and I've beaten the game on all 3 difficulties. You sure you didn't have any skulls on?
ImageImage

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Attempting to score on Kari Lehtonen in NHL 16, when I can't shoot to save my life. I hit the bastard with 48 (mostly not great, but still) shots in the first two periods, and got nothing for it. Meanwhile, my goalie let six goals in. I pretty much gave up for the third...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mostly experiences in the PS4 Godzilla game when you get spammed by three super X's or two monsters at once. It's completely stupid and unfair(the game is broken).

Zelda 2 never bothered me, it's one of my favorite games and I've beaten it. I've beaten all the souls games so dying doesn't really phase me.

Recently there's a stupid ass boss fight in MGSV that took me a few hours and felt very unfair.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Mostly experiences in the PS4 Godzilla game when you get spammed by three super X's or two monsters at once. It's completely stupid and unfair(the game is broken).
Isn't that like a super rare thing?

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Kaijunator wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Mostly experiences in the PS4 Godzilla game when you get spammed by three super X's or two monsters at once. It's completely stupid and unfair(the game is broken).
Isn't that like a super rare thing?
I believe the Super x thing is an always on the higher difficulty. The game goes from being laughably easy to super unfair. Same thing is a random 100 meter monster appears in the second or third stage. As far as the multiple monsters thing it's not super common but getting annoying pairings of Mechagodzilla+Super X on a stage where you have a time limit gets really annoying.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Beating Halo: Combat Evolved's campaign on normal. I thought the Flood would be very hard, but I was wrong. They were insanely hard. Sometimes, I actually wanted to smash my TV and XBOX so badly. They would corner you and then pummel you with their insanely powerful melee attacks. Or they carry rocket launchers and would hide behind other Flood and risk killing their own just to kill me. And once, during Keyes, I had to fight both the Covenant and the Flood. After I came back, I just let them fight and killed the victor. There's probably some other things the Flood did that I don't remember. Is it the same thing for H2? And do the Flood appear in H4 and H5?

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Benn_Sonic_exe
Monsterland Worker

Post by Benn_Sonic_exe »

Playing Godzilla's God of Destruction Mode. I swear, a 100M Kaiju would appear every single playthrough.
AKA Jamie.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Yet again from Halo, it's the Pink but Deadly achievement in ODST. The Halo games are doing a great job at frustrating me lol. It says to kill 10 Covenant with the Needler. I do that. Multiple websites say do that. But they're wrong. Why? Because when I kill with the Needler, it doesn't give add to my kill count. Sometimes the needles have to explode to get the kill. Sometimes it has to be a headshot. And sometimes it's both!

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Beating New Super Mario bros on my Ds a long time ago.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

Sorry for bumping but I guess this question is most relevant for this topic.

I just got GTA V for the PS3 and I've installed it, but it always gets stuck on the install screen with graphics. I mean like it's gotten past the Rockstar logo and everything, then just stops on the install screen that follows. I don't know what the problem is since the game disc is almost perfect condition. Help requested.

Added in 3 hours 12 minutes 10 seconds:
The original Dead Rising should die in a fire. The save system is so garbage that three times now I've unintentionally wound up deleting my save and having to start over.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, the Goron Dance.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Can't think of specific one right now, but there are certain jumps in 2D platformers that make me want to break the TV.