Resident Evil Discussion Thread

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Post by Monster X »

News from the grape vine, Capcom registered some new trade marks and Dino Crisis was one of them.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/video-gam ... kstalkers/

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Monster X wrote:News from the grape vine, Capcom registered some new trade marks and Dino Crisis was one of them.

DARKSTALKERS! FUCK YEAH!

So, rumors are Nemesis is gonna have multiple ways to track you, so it sounds like he'll use more than just sound like Mr.X did. He is also rumored to have an entire arsenal, so sounds like he'll have more than just a rocket launcher and tentacles. Maybe flamethrowers? A minigun?

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Living Corpse wrote:
Monster X wrote:News from the grape vine, Capcom registered some new trade marks and Dino Crisis was one of them.

DARKSTALKERS! FUCK YEAH!

So, rumors are Nemesis is gonna have multiple ways to track you, so it sounds like he'll use more than just sound like Mr.X did. He is also rumored to have an entire arsenal, so sounds like he'll have more than just a rocket launcher and tentacles. Maybe flamethrowers? A minigun?
The developer diary that aired after the reveal trailer mentioned that he would have more ways than Mr. X to track you down. I haven't heard of the arsenal thing though but I wouldn't mind that.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I want that Dino Crisis remake!
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Nothing new, just cute fan art I wanted to share.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

I actually really like the new Nemesis look. It goes with their theme of trying to be a bit more realistic.

As for other options for hunting the plays, aside from hearing I wonder if Nemesis will lay traps or actively try to block off your escape roots? One that I thin a lot of people have overlooked is infection. Nemesis infected Jill with the T-Virus in the original, so I wonder of his tentacle attacks will inflict states effects to slow you down. I do like the idea of him having more weapons. If he can show up at any time with a different loadout at random he'll be much more unpredictable. Plus as the game progresses he'll lose his limiter coat and begin mutating.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

So there's rumors of a Resident Evil 8 already in development.

-It won't have 8 in the title, but will have a clever title.
-It will be set in a snowy mountain area and have both a village and castle.
-Ethan from RE7 will return.
-It will be first person.
-Zombies will return.
-Werewolves or wolf like creatures will be in it(!).
-A ghost like entity will chase you(!).

My thoughts are regardless if the werewolves are cursed or just B.O.W.s using wolf DNA and T-virus (or other infection) make silver bullets a rare but powerful ammo you can find. Both as a nod to the classic werewolf myth but also because silver is a heavy metal so in real life a silver bullet would have more of a punch than a normal bullet but less range.

On one hand I feel introducing supernatural elements is a little too late and they had their chance with RE4 when Umbrella was dead, but at the same time a part of me hopes they do go supernatural to throw us off. Either go half and half (wolves & ghost supernatural, Zombies mad science as usual) or go all the way (everything including the zombies are magical). The ghost might just be PTSD or hallucination from infection like Eveline's "ghosts" in RE7 we'd see from time to time but hope not as I feel that'd be a coup out since we already saw hallucinations.

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

I am looking forward to RE3 more than RE8. RE3 was one of my favorites and seeing a modern Nemesis has SO much potential. It seems unlikely, but I wish the multiple choices throughout the game would be revived because that was unique to the game and added replay value.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Living Corpse wrote:So there's rumors of a Resident Evil 8 already in development.

-It won't have 8 in the title, but will have a clever title.
-It will be set in a snowy mountain area and have both a village and castle.
-Ethan from RE7 will return.
-It will be first person.
-Zombies will return.
-Werewolves or wolf like creatures will be in it(!).
-A ghost like entity will chase you(!).

My thoughts are regardless if the werewolves are cursed or just B.O.W.s using wolf DNA and T-virus (or other infection) make silver bullets a rare but powerful ammo you can find. Both as a nod to the classic werewolf myth but also because silver is a heavy metal so in real life a silver bullet would have more of a punch than a normal bullet but less range.

On one hand I feel introducing supernatural elements is a little too late and they had their chance with RE4 when Umbrella was dead, but at the same time a part of me hopes they do go supernatural to throw us off. Either go half and half (wolves & ghost supernatural, Zombies mad science as usual) or go all the way (everything including the zombies are magical). The ghost might just be PTSD or hallucination from infection like Eveline's "ghosts" in RE7 we'd see from time to time but hope not as I feel that'd be a coup out since we already saw hallucinations.
I thought Silver is considered a soft metal? Some documentaries I've watched on Werewolves said the whole silver bullet thing wouldn't work because silver is to soft/light to fire and wouldn't make any impact.

That being said I'm looking forward to RE8 which I can see getting announced at E3 this year with a Q1 2021 release (our Q1 not Capcom's Q1). I'd also like them to go ahead and remake Code Veronica too while they're at it but before they do that I'd like to see a Dino Crisis remake or reboot.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

My bad.

EDIT: Forgot to add the rumors also claim Chris will be in 8 as well. Not hard to believe, Chris is a mainstay of the series.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I started remake on The Switch. What a big improvement over Zero...
Game looks great even by todays standards.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I started remake on The Switch. What a big improvement over Zero...
Game looks great even by todays standards.
Enjoy it. Really is an incredible game.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

Indeed the original remake is fantastic! While I did enjoy 0, the remake was no doubt superior.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I just finished Remake with Chris. I really liked it, much more than Zero. I’m glad I played Zero first because I can appreciate One more.

I had a lot of fun with it. I like the process of going back and unlocking areas and feeling a sense of progression. I think Remake, minus some very minor things, doesn’t feel dated at all. While I like 2 more, this was still really good. I’m going to go through with Jill after a short break. May eventually get around to 6 and Revelations 2.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I don't really care for Revelations 2 that much, the first game is pretty amazing but the second is meh. My personal favorite is RE2 also and I'm leaning toward the Remake of that as being my all time favorite game. It took everything about the original game and improved upon it much like the REmake did for the original RE.

I'm hoping RE3 remake does the same. I barely remember playing through RE3 just a few things stand out from it. In fact I went through recently and watched a playthrough of the game just to get a refresher on it.

I hope after RE8 comes out Capcom goes back and remakes RE Code Veronica. I still need to finish that fully but then again I can play through it on my Xbox One since its BC.

PC Specs

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

How come Resident Evil 6 sucks so much? I’m playing it, and it’s the most meh thing ever. Who decided it was a good thing?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I'm impressed, Capcom not only expanded Brad's character but even managed to give
Spoiler:
Zombie Brad some personality.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:How come Resident Evil 6 sucks so much? I’m playing it, and it’s the most meh thing ever. Who decided it was a good thing?
I imagine it has something to do with 4 raising the bar as high as it did. 5 was pretty good, nothing to really brag about but I thought the story and monsters were neat. 6 is... Yeah. I don't remember outright disliking it, but I do remember just an overall feeling of "okay." I don't even remember much of it anymore, outside of the Zombie T-Rex form the one boss had.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

So...Resident Evil 4 remake.

Sigh, damn it Capcom. What the fuck are you thinking? Code Veronica deserves a remake, Zero deserves a remake, hell Dinocrisis deserves a remake. You can make an argument that RE1 deserves a second remake before RE4 gets one. RE4 is just as solid today as it was when it originally came out, I don't think a remake for it is warranted till another decade or two at least.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

If the rumors of RE8 are true then that's why we're getting a remake of RE4, Capcom will have a good chunk of the assets in place. Its why RE2 remake took so long to make because they where also working on the RE3 remake since they had a good chunk of assets to use.

I do agree that Code Veronica would make a better candidate for a remake but finically speaking RE4 is going to be easier since it has less work to be made from the ground up.

PC Specs