HALO

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Re: HALO

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I think that 343 gets too much hate but we should be somewhat cautious about what they release. They’re definitely trying to be a good company and I think that’s the good thing that they’re doing that the listing to criticism and Halo infinite seems to be heading to the right direction but we don’t know if the storyline is good or not but i’m definitely not going to discard it because it’s being made by 343, i’ll be cautious.
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Honestly, I don't even care about the campaign. Xbox Live has ruined me, and fighting A.I. doesn't hold much appeal, anymore. Give me fun multiplayer that people actually stick with for a few years, that's all I really ask.

A great campaign would be a very welcome bonus, though...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

343 has shit the bed on every campaign they've released since the acquisition.

You can tell the folks who worked on prior campaigns went over to Destiny, which is a very promising IP.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I think the campaign for infinite could Bring back faith into 343, they definitely listen to criticism and I think they’re bringing all The criticism into this game, now I know it’s not gonna be perfect but I can at least say they’re trying.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

MULTIPLAYER HAS LAUNCHED

THIS IS NOT A DRILL
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

!!!!

Aaaargh, and I have to fucking work tonight. I'd be playing it now instead of typing this, but I've stayed up way too late already. Tomorrow morning, though...

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:12 am http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA9k-vnr9dM

MULTIPLAYER HAS LAUNCHED

THIS IS NOT A DRILL
Is this THE multiplayer or just a beta? Either way I've been having a blast on it.
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

To think that both Halo and Xbox turned 20 years old today is insane. My time with them felt so short. Maybe it's because I didn't get into Xbox or Halo until the early 2010s.

Anyway, I played a little bit of the Halo Infinite multiplayer on my brother's Xbox Series X today. I had such a blast with it.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

All right, got started and played for a few hours. I like it! There are some annoying elements, such as virtually all customization options apparently being behind a Fortnite-style paywall, but overall I think they have a great, simple setup that does a good job of streamlining everything and striking a balance between classic and H5 gameplay. It's sad to see the weapon roster missing so many old faces, but I respect and agree with the concept behind it. And we did get some long-absent weapons back; I absolutely love what they've done with the spike grenade.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Did anyone catch the Captain America reference on the loading screen tips?? :lol:
ImageImage

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Breakdown wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:51 pm Did anyone catch the Captain America reference on the loading screen tips?? :lol:
I don't think I've seen it yet. What was it?

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

JAGzilla wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:24 pm
Breakdown wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:51 pm Did anyone catch the Captain America reference on the loading screen tips?? :lol:
I don't think I've seen it yet. What was it?
"Outwit a simpleton with a shield" and then it gives tips on using the Hydra.
ImageImage

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Breakdown wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:03 am "Outwit a simpleton with a shield" and then it gives tips on using the Hydra.
Ah, okay. I saw it but totally missed the reference. Very nice. :lol:

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

The Cap reference is hilarious. In fact there are a ton of great references peppered in there, I just have no idea what they are.
I'm loving the game. As someone who has been playing Halo for 10+ years and never been "good", the training modes are a Godsend. I used the weapon drills to familiarize myself with the new weapons, because there are few things worse than getting a power weapon in-game and being totally incompetent with it.
I bought the Battle Pass to support 343 releasing the game early, and the customization is definitely a slow-burn grind, but given that the game is so fun I really don't mind. I'm excited to be at the beginning of what could be a 10 year experience.
Also, as someone who initially thought they should keep it next-gen only, I'm very glad they are keeping current gen consoles. My OG XBone plays it just fine, and I haven't had to track down a Series X
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

The gameplay is fantastic and the battle pass situation will hopefully be cleared out soon. I got the $10 battle pass as well as I do like the idea, just needs tweaked on the execution. I think boosting per game XP by 100 and reducing the specific requests on the weekly challenges would go a long way.

Anyway, BTB is a blast. The maps feel like a breath of fresh air compared to 4 or 5 and the vehicles strike a good mix. Also, I am REALLY digging the Battle Rifle in this game. Usually I'm hot garbage with it, but I feel like I finally have a grasp of how to use it.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Greyshot151 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:04 am Also, I am REALLY digging the Battle Rifle in this game. Usually I'm hot garbage with it, but I feel like I finally have a grasp of how to use it.
I'm glad it's not as unstoppably dominant as it was in the last two games, but it's taking me some time to get used to it. I'm so accustomed to shredding people with it* that it feels almost too weak now.

*Referring to the gun's power here, not my skill level with it. I'm average at best. :lol:

Also, somebody was obviously a huge fan of Revenge of the Sith. I've seen about five or six loading screen quotes from that movie so far. I mean, it is one of the most quotable movies ever made, but still...
Last edited by JAGzilla on Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

They just released a hotfix for the battlepass progression. Now you can level it up simply by playing rather than only by completing challenges.

Tip with the Assault Rifle: Shoot in 3 round bursts as often as you can because the reticle bloom resets almost instantly. Makes it very good for mid-range shooting.
Last edited by Breakdown on Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I'm literally not watching a single hands on for the campaign, as much of a struggle as that is for me lol. I wanna go in as fresh as possible to explore Zeta nothing big revealed. However, from the little that I have seen earlier on, and some of the written impressions from different gaming outlets, I'm even more excited to get back in the boots of Chief again.

Far as the multiplayer goes, outside of the pretty slow progression, which is indeed being looked at and updated by 343, Halo is indeed back in full force. The MCC of course exists, and can happily coexist with Infinite, but as far as a NEW Halo game for the first time in 6 years... It's pretty spectacular. 343 nailed the 'Halo' feel so well here.

#BotM

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

As one of the few folks who actually enjoyed Halo 5, I gotta say I do miss H5's movement system. Having boosts, dash attacks, and faster sprint really gave that sense of power and speed Spartans possessed in the novels. I gets it's for balancing purposes, but that extra layer of mobility will be sorely missed.

Other than that gripe, MP is fucking clean.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It did take a while to get used to not having the boost available; that thing completely dominated mobility in H5, and I felt paralyzed without it. I don't miss it, though; I never liked it from an aesthetic standpoint, and simpler mobility is probably for the best overall. The Spartan Charge and ground pound thing were just bad ideas all around. Basic melee is fun and powerful enough, there's no need to clutter up the system with extra options like that.