Mortal Kombat General 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Post Reply
User avatar
LegendZilla
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by LegendZilla »

Rurouni Senator wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:24 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:39 am
KManX89 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:01 am While there's 0 chance they bring in a Japanese game character, if they ever did, Metal Gear's Raiden would be a great choice for one, but again, it's not happening because: 1)Japanese game studio and 2)because Konami are douchebags. Bandai-Namco probably tried to get the rights to him for SC6 and they turned them down, which is why the new character, Groh uses his likeness.
And 4), there’s already a character named Raiden in MK.
I think you skipped on reason 3) Cyborg Raiden won't feel unique in that world.
I fixed it.

User avatar
LegendZilla
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by LegendZilla »

Living Corpse wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:34 pm Truthfully I wanna see them do a Monsterverse fighting game since they are onwed by WB and WB has that partnership with Legendary. Though that may never happen with Kong being a licensing nightmare, and Boon's team has trouble doing non-humanoid fighters in 3D, there's a reason why Motaro is two legged in Armageddon and flat out just killed in a cutscene with no gameplay fight in MK9.

So anyone see Ed trolling at the VGA? That's what real trolling is, a silly prank, not being a douch. God bless this man.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS-iTBnsvc8
Why would they have trouble with Motaro? Capcom was able to pull off Shuma Gorath in 3D with MvC3.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NSZ
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4622
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:30 pm
Location: Remnant

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by NSZ »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:25 pm
Living Corpse wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:34 pm Truthfully I wanna see them do a Monsterverse fighting game since they are onwed by WB and WB has that partnership with Legendary. Though that may never happen with Kong being a licensing nightmare, and Boon's team has trouble doing non-humanoid fighters in 3D, there's a reason why Motaro is two legged in Armageddon and flat out just killed in a cutscene with no gameplay fight in MK9.

So anyone see Ed trolling at the VGA? That's what real trolling is, a silly prank, not being a douch. God bless this man.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS-iTBnsvc8
Why would they have trouble with Motaro? Capcom was able to pull off Shuma Gorath in 3D with MvC3.
Shuma-Gorath isn't a centaur, you're quoting a three year old post, and LC hasn't been around since January.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."
Image

User avatar
LegendZilla
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by LegendZilla »

NSZ wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:49 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:25 pm
Living Corpse wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:34 pm Truthfully I wanna see them do a Monsterverse fighting game since they are onwed by WB and WB has that partnership with Legendary. Though that may never happen with Kong being a licensing nightmare, and Boon's team has trouble doing non-humanoid fighters in 3D, there's a reason why Motaro is two legged in Armageddon and flat out just killed in a cutscene with no gameplay fight in MK9.

So anyone see Ed trolling at the VGA? That's what real trolling is, a silly prank, not being a douch. God bless this man.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS-iTBnsvc8
Why would they have trouble with Motaro? Capcom was able to pull off Shuma Gorath in 3D with MvC3.
Shuma-Gorath isn't a centaur, you're quoting a three year old post, and LC hasn't been around since January.
Shuma Gorath is still a non-humanoid. Also, you don't suppose something's happened to LC do you?

User avatar
NSZ
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4622
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:30 pm
Location: Remnant

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by NSZ »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:38 pm
NSZ wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:49 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:25 pm

Why would they have trouble with Motaro? Capcom was able to pull off Shuma Gorath in 3D with MvC3.
Shuma-Gorath isn't a centaur, you're quoting a three year old post, and LC hasn't been around since January.
Shuma Gorath is still a non-humanoid. Also, you don't suppose something's happened to LC do you?
He just posted a vid to his YT, probably just grew tired of this place.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."
Image

User avatar
Cryptid_Liker
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4171
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:53 am

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I just figured out that Noob Saibot is Tobias Boon backwards. I feel kinda dumb now.

User avatar
LegendZilla
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by LegendZilla »

Why has the MK team felt such a need to turn Liu Kang into a punching bag for almost 20 years since Deadly Alliance? From what I hear, there's a head writer who is really not fond of him. Whoever that person is, all I have to say to them is enough is enough. It's one thing to dislike a person or thing, but the problem is when you allow said dislike to get the better of you and dictate all creative decisions.

User avatar
Mac Daddy MM
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2922
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:35 pm Why has the MK team felt such a need to turn Liu Kang into a punching bag for almost 20 years since Deadly Alliance? From what I hear, there's a head writer who is really not fond of him. Whoever that person is, all I have to say to them is enough is enough. It's one thing to dislike a person or thing, but the problem is when you allow said dislike to get the better of you and dictate all creative decisions.


... You realize Liu Kang was turned into a GOD in MK11, right?
Image

User avatar
LegendZilla
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by LegendZilla »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:03 am
LegendZilla wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:35 pm Why has the MK team felt such a need to turn Liu Kang into a punching bag for almost 20 years since Deadly Alliance? From what I hear, there's a head writer who is really not fond of him. Whoever that person is, all I have to say to them is enough is enough. It's one thing to dislike a person or thing, but the problem is when you allow said dislike to get the better of you and dictate all creative decisions.


... You realize Liu Kang was turned into a GOD in MK11, right?
Yeah, but in the expansion, they had his legs get busted by Shao Khan and there was the option to kill him in the final match.

User avatar
Mac Daddy MM
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2922
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:10 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:03 am
LegendZilla wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:35 pm Why has the MK team felt such a need to turn Liu Kang into a punching bag for almost 20 years since Deadly Alliance? From what I hear, there's a head writer who is really not fond of him. Whoever that person is, all I have to say to them is enough is enough. It's one thing to dislike a person or thing, but the problem is when you allow said dislike to get the better of you and dictate all creative decisions.


... You realize Liu Kang was turned into a GOD in MK11, right?
Yeah, but in the expansion, they had his legs get busted by Shao Khan and there was the option to kill him in the final match.
It's Mortal Kombat, lol. EVERY character gets maimed at some point. D'Vorah has now racked up kills on multiple fan favorites.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sun May 16, 2021 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:47 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by Showa Gojira »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:35 pm Why has the MK team felt such a need to turn Liu Kang into a punching bag for almost 20 years since Deadly Alliance? From what I hear, there's a head writer who is really not fond of him. Whoever that person is, all I have to say to them is enough is enough. It's one thing to dislike a person or thing, but the problem is when you allow said dislike to get the better of you and dictate all creative decisions.
I do hate that Liu Kang doesn't always get the treatment he deserves (should've been the main hero in Scorpions Revenge and the shitty new movie) but at least he has it better than the champion he dethroned. Goro has been treated like poop in the NRS trilogy and always gets the short end of the stick in any adaptation. I would love to see my favorite character get added in as DLC for MK11 as well as Reptile (another favorite of mine) so we could have the entire MK1 cast in the game.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.
Image

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

User avatar
LegendZilla
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by LegendZilla »

Showa Gojira wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:20 pm
I do hate that Liu Kang doesn't always get the treatment he deserves (should've been the main hero in Scorpions Revenge and the shitty new movie) but at least he has it better than the champion he dethroned. Goro has been treated like poop in the NRS trilogy and always gets the short end of the stick in any adaptation. I would love to see my favorite character get added in as DLC for MK11 as well as Reptile (another favorite of mine) so we could have the entire MK1 cast in the game.
How would you feel if they turned Mortal Kombat into an HBO series? If I were to handle such a project I would give both Liu Kang and Scorpion an Aang/Prince Zuko-type dynamic.

User avatar
Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:47 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by Showa Gojira »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:23 pm
Showa Gojira wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:20 pm
I do hate that Liu Kang doesn't always get the treatment he deserves (should've been the main hero in Scorpions Revenge and the shitty new movie) but at least he has it better than the champion he dethroned. Goro has been treated like poop in the NRS trilogy and always gets the short end of the stick in any adaptation. I would love to see my favorite character get added in as DLC for MK11 as well as Reptile (another favorite of mine) so we could have the entire MK1 cast in the game.
How would you feel if they turned Mortal Kombat into an HBO series? If I were to handle such a project I would give both Liu Kang and Scorpion an Aang/Prince Zuko-type dynamic.
I would feel much better about it, it would give them time to properly develop the characters and the story. It would be especially great if they hired John Tobias to help write it. I would actually say an Aang/Prince Zuko dynamic would work better for Liu Kang and Goro. Everybody is so hung up on his rivalry with Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn, but Liu Kang and Goro have a ton of similarities that could lend to cool dynamic between the two. Both are champions for their respective realms, both come from a lineage of mighty warriors, both are the strongest warriors in their realm aside from the protector gods of each (Raiden and formerly Shao Kahn), both wield the element of fire, both have connections to dragons, both have a friendship with Kitana, and they are also the MK champions with the most impressive win streaks. In the Midway era Goro actually ended up becoming a good guy until bad writing decisions made him revert back to the side of evil.

Just like in book one of Avatar, the heroic monk and the prince would be at odds with the hero ultimately triumphing. Goro would not go back to work for Shao Kahn (skreeonk MK9's story mode lol) but go into hiding much like Zuko in book 2. During Shao Kahn's invasion Goro's loyalty would be tested but he would ultimately side with Liu Kang, Kitana, and the other heroes and help defeat the evil emperor. If they wanted to stay closer to the games they could save Goro's redemption arc for the MK4 portion and have him help the forces of light overcome Shinnok. Goro has a ton of potential as character, it's a shame every MK writer for the past ten years sees him as brutish dumb muscle or a big spectacle who the hero beats to show how cool he is.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.
Image

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

User avatar
LegendZilla
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by LegendZilla »

Showa Gojira wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:43 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:23 pm
Showa Gojira wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:20 pm
I do hate that Liu Kang doesn't always get the treatment he deserves (should've been the main hero in Scorpions Revenge and the shitty new movie) but at least he has it better than the champion he dethroned. Goro has been treated like poop in the NRS trilogy and always gets the short end of the stick in any adaptation. I would love to see my favorite character get added in as DLC for MK11 as well as Reptile (another favorite of mine) so we could have the entire MK1 cast in the game.
How would you feel if they turned Mortal Kombat into an HBO series? If I were to handle such a project I would give both Liu Kang and Scorpion an Aang/Prince Zuko-type dynamic.
I would feel much better about it, it would give them time to properly develop the characters and the story. It would be especially great if they hired John Tobias to help write it. I would actually say an Aang/Prince Zuko dynamic would work better for Liu Kang and Goro. Everybody is so hung up on his rivalry with Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn, but Liu Kang and Goro have a ton of similarities that could lend to cool dynamic between the two. Both are champions for their respective realms, both come from a lineage of mighty warriors, both are the strongest warriors in their realm aside from the protector gods of each (Raiden and formerly Shao Kahn), both wield the element of fire, both have connections to dragons, both have a friendship with Kitana, and they are also the MK champions with the most impressive win streaks. In the Midway era Goro actually ended up becoming a good guy until bad writing decisions made him revert back to the side of evil.

Just like in book one of Avatar, the heroic monk and the prince would be at odds with the hero ultimately triumphing. Goro would not go back to work for Shao Kahn (skreeonk MK9's story mode lol) but go into hiding much like Zuko in book 2. During Shao Kahn's invasion Goro's loyalty would be tested but he would ultimately side with Liu Kang, Kitana, and the other heroes and help defeat the evil emperor. If they wanted to stay closer to the games they could save Goro's redemption arc for the MK4 portion and have him help the forces of light overcome Shinnok. Goro has a ton of potential as character, it's a shame every MK writer for the past ten years sees him as brutish dumb muscle or a big spectacle who the hero beats to show how cool he is.
I would have the show last a total of four seasons with 8 episodes each. Each season will be based primarily off of the first four games in the series, with some elements of later entries in the mix. Allow me to explain what i would do for various characters.

For Liu Kang's arc, he would start out as a typical do-gooder in season one, but in season 2, tensions start to brew between him an Raiden. In season 3, said tensions escalate but rather than getting killed by Raiden, Liu Kang's brash recklessness causes his legs to be busted by Shao Khan like in MK11, leaving Raiden to be the one to defeat Shao Khan. However, Earthrealm's victory involves Raiden bending the rules and as a price, has his godhood stripped. This leaves the position of Earthrealm's protector vacant and the Elder Gods end up searching for someone who can fill the role. This bring us to the the final season, where have Liu Kang earns godhood like in MK11, but not without going through a series of tests and tribulations by the elder gods. I imagine the final battle will be him as a god duking it out with Shinnok and subsequently defeating him.

As for Scorpion, what role do you imagine him playing in the series? He's Ed Boon's favorite so you can't let him get the short end of the stick. I think his arc would be him trying to rediscover his humanity by fighting against his inner demons.

As for Goro, I think he should be killed in season one, only to be resurrected as a revenant by Quan Chi in season 4. Don't worry, I think he still could go through a redemption arc. He could he could show up from time-to-time in flashbacks between seasons as a means to flesh out his character.

Are these good ideas? What ideas for arcs do you have? Feel free to fill me in.

User avatar
Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:47 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by Showa Gojira »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:10 am
Showa Gojira wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:43 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:23 pm

How would you feel if they turned Mortal Kombat into an HBO series? If I were to handle such a project I would give both Liu Kang and Scorpion an Aang/Prince Zuko-type dynamic.
I would feel much better about it, it would give them time to properly develop the characters and the story. It would be especially great if they hired John Tobias to help write it. I would actually say an Aang/Prince Zuko dynamic would work better for Liu Kang and Goro. Everybody is so hung up on his rivalry with Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn, but Liu Kang and Goro have a ton of similarities that could lend to cool dynamic between the two. Both are champions for their respective realms, both come from a lineage of mighty warriors, both are the strongest warriors in their realm aside from the protector gods of each (Raiden and formerly Shao Kahn), both wield the element of fire, both have connections to dragons, both have a friendship with Kitana, and they are also the MK champions with the most impressive win streaks. In the Midway era Goro actually ended up becoming a good guy until bad writing decisions made him revert back to the side of evil.

Just like in book one of Avatar, the heroic monk and the prince would be at odds with the hero ultimately triumphing. Goro would not go back to work for Shao Kahn (skreeonk MK9's story mode lol) but go into hiding much like Zuko in book 2. During Shao Kahn's invasion Goro's loyalty would be tested but he would ultimately side with Liu Kang, Kitana, and the other heroes and help defeat the evil emperor. If they wanted to stay closer to the games they could save Goro's redemption arc for the MK4 portion and have him help the forces of light overcome Shinnok. Goro has a ton of potential as character, it's a shame every MK writer for the past ten years sees him as brutish dumb muscle or a big spectacle who the hero beats to show how cool he is.
I would have the show last a total of four seasons with 8 episodes each. Each season will be based primarily off of the first four games in the series, with some elements of later entries in the mix. Allow me to explain what i would do for various characters.

For Liu Kang's arc, he would start out as a typical do-gooder in season one, but in season 2, tensions start to brew between him an Raiden. In season 3, said tensions escalate but rather than getting killed by Raiden, Liu Kang's brash recklessness causes his legs to be busted by Shao Khan like in MK11, leaving Raiden to be the one to defeat Shao Khan. However, Earthrealm's victory involves Raiden bending the rules and as a price, has his godhood stripped. This leaves the position of Earthrealm's protector vacant and the Elder Gods end up searching for someone who can fill the role. This bring us to the the final season, where have Liu Kang earns godhood like in MK11, but not without going through a series of tests and tribulations by the elder gods. I imagine the final battle will be him as a god duking it out with Shinnok and subsequently defeating him.

As for Scorpion, what role do you imagine him playing in the series? He's Ed Boon's favorite so you can't let him get the short end of the stick. I think his arc would be him trying to rediscover his humanity by fighting against his inner demons.

As for Goro, I think he should be killed in season one, only to be resurrected as a revenant by Quan Chi in season 4. Don't worry, I think he still could go through a redemption arc. He could he could show up from time-to-time in flashbacks between seasons as a means to flesh out his character.

Are these good ideas? What ideas for arcs do you have? Feel free to fill me in.
I like some of your ideas. I would want Liu Kang to stay the typical do-gooder throughout the series, except for after he dies and gets raised as Dark Raiden's enforcer (with his spirit still helping the forces of good). A lot of people don't like morally pure characters these days but when written well they can be very compelling and keeping Liu Kang this way would be a nice contrast to the more morally grey characters. I do like the idea of Liu Kang becoming a fire god and Earthrealm's protector like you mentioned though.

Scorpion should be a character who gets cool scenes and a story that develops over the course of the series but he should never be the central character or focus. The main plot of saving Earthrealm isn't integral to his story so he shouldn't be the one to defeat the main villains or steal the spotlight constantly (Scorpion's Revenge and the new movie failed in this regard). I know he's Ed Boon's favorite but that doesn't mean he should be more important then say Liu Kang, Kitana, or Sub Zero.

Goro definitely shouldn't die early on if at all. Liu Kang should spare both him and Shang Tsung after beating them with each action having consequences later on in the story. By sparing Goro he would gain an eventual ally when the Shokan Prince turns on his former master Shao Kahn, but by sparing Shang Tsung it would allow him to cause all sorts of problems including eventually killing Liu Kang with Quan Chi's assistance. Goro should be one of the Outworld warriors who becomes a hero along with Kitana, Jade, and Ermac. Ermac is another character who got wasted in the NRS trilogy.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.
Image

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

User avatar
LegendZilla
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by LegendZilla »

Showa Gojira wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 1:02 pm
I like some of your ideas. I would want Liu Kang to stay the typical do-gooder throughout the series, except for after he dies and gets raised as Dark Raiden's enforcer (with his spirit still helping the forces of good). A lot of people don't like morally pure characters these days but when written well they can be very compelling and keeping Liu Kang this way would be a nice contrast to the more morally grey characters. I do like the idea of Liu Kang becoming a fire god and Earthrealm's protector like you mentioned though.

Scorpion should be a character who gets cool scenes and a story that develops over the course of the series but he should never be the central character or focus. The main plot of saving Earthrealm isn't integral to his story so he shouldn't be the one to defeat the main villains or steal the spotlight constantly (Scorpion's Revenge and the new movie failed in this regard). I know he's Ed Boon's favorite but that doesn't mean he should be more important then say Liu Kang, Kitana, or Sub Zero.

Goro definitely shouldn't die early on if at all. Liu Kang should spare both him and Shang Tsung after beating them with each action having consequences later on in the story. By sparing Goro he would gain an eventual ally when the Shokan Prince turns on his former master Shao Kahn, but by sparing Shang Tsung it would allow him to cause all sorts of problems including eventually killing Liu Kang with Quan Chi's assistance. Goro should be one of the Outworld warriors who becomes a hero along with Kitana, Jade, and Ermac. Ermac is another character who got wasted in the NRS trilogy.
For your information, I already have a clear idea in my head for how Liu Kang and Raiden's arcs will go. Now I understand that MK : Annihilation is a much-reviled film but that does not mean you can't borrow the odd element from said film right? That is the route I am going to take. Instead of going corrupt, Raiden will actually sacrifice his godhood as I stated before. In season 3, he will willingly bend the rules of Mortal Kombat in order to save Earthrealm from being conquered by Shao Khan and as a result, the Elder Gods get mad at him and they subsequently strip him of being a god. This leaves us with a mortal Raiden for the fourth and final season, but nonetheless he still fights valiantly alongside his friends and dies in the final battle. I just thought I would go a different route for a change instead of him becoming dark Raiden.

As four Liu Kang, I would like to inform you that he just so happens to be my favorite character, so killing him off is a big no-no in my book. As a means to not make him being a mere goody-two-shoes, the character will have an brash, impatient and arrogant side that he must strive to overcome. As I said before, we will see tensions emerge between him and his mentor Raiden in season 2, which will escalate in season 3. Liu Kang will have his patience run out at one point and he will recklessly attempt to strike at Shao Khan, only to get his legs smashed by Khan's hammer. This will leave Raiden to have to save the day himself, but like I said he will do so at the price of bending the tournament's rules and subsequently stripped of his godhood. With Liu Kang crippled and Raiden no longer a god, this leaves Earthrealm more vulnerable than ever.

A year or two after Shao Khan's invasion, Liu Kang spends time with Nightwolf in the latter's homeland. Kang does so as a means to find new paths of spirituality as means to better himself and make up for his past mistake. This proves very difficult for him, but soon Ermac shows up (he debuts in season 3 as a pawn of Shao Khan, but now that his former master is dead, Ermac is no longer under his control). Due to the fact he's a amalgamation of lost souls, Ermac uses his powers for good this time and proves very helpful to Liu Kang. Eventually, Liu Kang catches the attention of the Elder Gods and while he previously demanded they turn him into a god in season 3, he asks them again, only politely and apologizes for coming across as being belligerent and demanding. They tell him that if he wants to become a god, he must prove that he does not just want it for power and glory, but as part of a true sense of duty. They set him up for a series of tests which he reluctantly agrees to partake in.

In the end, Liu Kang prevails despite all odds, leaving the Elder Gods both proud and bewildered of what a mortal can accomplish. They then bestow him with Raiden's power and he travels to where the final battle is and faces of against Shinnok who has just beaten Scorpion to a pulp beforehand. The two gods have an epic clash together and Liu Kang emerges victorious by using his classic Dragon-fatality on the fallen Elder God. After The battle is over, Liu Kang takes time to remember all those who have fought and died for Earthrealm and confesses his love for Kitana.

Anyways, do you mind this as far as ideas for story arcs go? If so, let me know.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri May 21, 2021 4:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
The One and Only
Futurian
Posts: 3251
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:58 pm
Location: Jamestown, PA

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by The One and Only »

History of the Warrior provides some interesting info on two rather obscure MK characters.
First the fan made, fan fave, KHROME. Think a ninja version of the T-1000.

And introduced back in 1994 in Malibu Comics' MK mag as apprentice to Sub-Zero. And brought back in the Cyrax/Sektor chapter of the first season of MORTAL KOMBAT:Legacy. Check out the history of, HYDRO.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Post Reply