Anime and Manga disscussion

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Bret
G-Grasper

Re: Anime and Manga disscussion

Post by Bret »

alienhulk2099 wrote:
It's not that hard. Type in say "yata yata English translated" and it will most likely come up with some websites. I mean if you can't do that that's just pure laziness. No offense.
That's not a hang up, what is is that there are sites with viruses/troy-horses and you have to download some of it. I don't download ANYTHING because I want a clean comp.

There is such a thing called Virus scans and you can download AVG which has a green mark next to the link if it's safe.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.

Arrow
Gotengo Officer

Post by Arrow »

alienhulk2099 wrote:
There is such a thing called Virus scans and you can download AVG which has a green mark next to the link if it's safe.
I already have anti-virus software and anti-spyware. I'm not taking chances.
Just type in the name of the manga you wanna read on Google. Plenty of places have manga already scanned, ready for you to read. It's that simple.

I've read all my manga online.

Arrow
Gotengo Officer

Post by Arrow »

wataru wrote:Shinseki Evangelion
:evil:
Cowboy Bebop (ducks, runs, dodges it's human for kaiju rengeration!)
Digimon passed Season 2.
These I can agree with.

And how the hell is Mai Hime overrated!?

Arrow
Gotengo Officer

Post by Arrow »

wataru wrote:Is it the pivotal GREATEST anime ever? No.
I don't think you can call anything the "greatest anime ever" because people all have their own preferences. I for one just can't see what's so great about Cowboy Bebop that it always appears on Top Ten Anime Lists.

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

I have to get around to reading or watching Ranma 1/2. I've heard tons about it,but never got the chance to read or watching anything related about it. Also Anyone watch or read D.Gray-man? I haven't watched the Anime,but the manga is AWESOME. Allen Walker to me made clowns cool. I like Naruto too so your not alone Stuckey.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.

Arrow
Gotengo Officer

Post by Arrow »

alienhulk2099 wrote:I stated and went through this earlier in the topic.
Oh yeah...

Still makes no sense to me, though. It's not your type of anime, but I don't see how that makes it overrated.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Greetings,

sorry I've been away for a while, but I just wanted to put a little more "neutral" perspective on things, granted, they are still only my opinions. As a fan of the mech genre, I enjoy Macross and most of its spinoffs & sequels. This admittedly is because was first exposed to Robotech as many US children were back in 1985. Now while I recognize that Macross/southern cross/ & Mospeaa were drastically altered to create the Robotech trilogy, much of the character elements still remain. I could see how someone finds the original Macross as boring, although to be fair, it is considered one of the best space-opera Anime's of the 1980's. The same could be said of Go-Lion's rewriting into Voltron. While Go-Lion itself is an "average" super robot Anime, Voltron is an international success which continues 25+ years laster (and a new nickelodeon series on the way btw....). Nobody here should be offended at anyone's opinions. I think NGE is vastly overrated, but that dosen't take away from its immense popularity, I just dont like when people classify it as a SR anime, when it really isn't.

I have only seen a couple of episodes of Macross Frintier, but I hope to see the rest of the series soon as I really enjoyed what I saw.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Arrow
Gotengo Officer

Post by Arrow »

Does anyone know a place on the internet that I can find Utena? It seems that everywhere I go, they've yanked the series. If you know anything, please PM me. Cookie to the first person who does!

So instead, I've been watching Ikki Tousen.

Drewzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by Drewzilla »

I'm currently watching Claymore on Funimation on demand and damn does this show kick ass.
wataru wrote:DO NOT eat Walmart's Great Value High Fiber Bars - Chocolate. You will fart for HOURS!

I bought a box and couldnt sleep because I kept farting. You doze off and PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT! wake up.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Arrow wrote:Does anyone know a place on the internet that I can find Utena? It seems that everywhere I go, they've yanked the series.
Same problem here... I've only managed to find the first two episodes... the rest all require "Premium paid subscriptions" to watch... FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

Atleast the dang movie's available on Youtube...

I'm currently deciding on wherever to watch Evangelion or the second season of Code Geass... Hmmm... I've heard both are good...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Lately I've been going back and forth between the original Mazinger Z, and Super Robot Wars OG the Anime. I watched thet quick teaser of Mazinkaiser SKL (didn't show much), but it looks like nothing I've ever seen before. The pilot looks almost like Ryoma Nagare from Getter Robo. I just hope its somebody new. I would not like it if they changed Koji Kabuto into a jaded angry character, it just dosen't fit him.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

Just finished watching .hack G.U Trilogy. It was alright. I thought it had really good effects. The story seemed rushed. I wish they would've made 3 movies instead. Theirs a Parody mode in the extra's and it's FREAKING hilarious. Laughed my ass off. It's a decent action movie. Comes no where NEAR touching the games though. Only buy it if you are a fan of the series. 2/5 if you aren't a fan 2.5-3.0/5 if you are.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Due to me FAILING to find the second season to Code Geass (The ****ing pages refuse to upload for some reason), I've decided to move on to bigger and better things, in more ways than one... Maybe some Witchblade for my troubled soul? I've heard it's good...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

alienhulk2099 wrote: 1. Is it Demon Tribe or Devil Clan?
2. Is it Demon Lord or Devil Lord?

What's the REAL translation for these two?
I have to admit I find the original Devilman series to be quite fun, something I cant see in any of its sequels/remakes (way too dark & serious for me) .

I may not be Hellspawn, but I believe the answers to your quesitons are:

1. Zenon's group as a whole are referred to as "The Devil Tribe" but individuals Demons are referred to as "Demon Beasts"
2. If you are referring to Dante specifically it is "Demon Lord"

"Akuma" & "Oni" are often erroneously interchanged for "Devil" or "Demon" . August, who really knows Japanese however would probably be the best person to ask.

August
GPN Volunteer

Post by August »

In 『デビルマン』or DEVILMAN, 「悪魔族」or "Akuma-zoku" can be translated as "Demon Clan" or "Demon Tribe". I prefer "Demon Clan". An 「鬼」or "Oni" is a specific, Japanese creature, who is not exactly a "demon" by western standards, but is often labeled as such. "Oni" are more "ogre" than "demon" (but, they can still be pretty "demonic"). In『魔王ダンテ』or "Maoh Dante", 「魔王」"Maoh" comes from the original Chinese, and is literally "Devil King"... but in Japanese it can also mean, the Devil himself — as in Satan. So, I suppose the title could be transliterated as "Dante, King of Demons".

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Hellspawn28 wrote:Does anyone know if The King of Braves GaoGaiGar Final is worth checking out after you finish GaoGaiGar?
Thank you August, your knowledge of the genre and the Japanese language is always appreciated 8-) .

Hellspawn28- I own GGG Final on DVD, and I must say it is a pretty Awesome OVA series, a nice follow up to the original TV series. But then again I am biased because I love Super Robots & Transformers ;) . Genesic GGG is Awesome!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Greetings,

So I finally obtained all the Guyver Manga translated on-line. My goal is to try to finish reading it all this weekend (15 years of Guyver in 2 days!). I just wanted to make sure is volume 27 chapter 173 the most recent?

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

AH-Glad you are enjoying SRW OG. I enjoyied the series much more than the 3 part OVA. I especially liked how they incorporated the themes from the games especially SRX Team & Cybuster. With so many characters however, I found it to be a little confusing at times, but it is still fun to watch.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Yeah there was a lot of talking, but probably to try to explain to everyone not familiar with SRW games, althogh this series is just a mish-mash of all the OG characters from each game. I guess if I wasn't familiar with the characters I'd find it kind of challenging as well. maybe thats where I lost interest in the 3 part OVA. How can you have the SRX team, and they don't even merge into SRX??

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

alienhulk2099 wrote:On another note, I found episodes of Dancouga Nova being uploaded on YouTube! I may not know much about the Dancouger franchise, but I know this: It is it's own timeline and it was made by the same guys that made Gravion! 8-) I'll most likely start on that tomorrow.
I have the entire original Dancouga on VHS (the company that made them was clearancing them out at SDCC back in 2001). I got the whole series on 9 VHS tapes for about $30.00. Granted they are all subtitled, but its still a cool show. I haven't watched any of Nova as I heard it has little to no connection to the original, but I'll get there eventually.