HALLOWEEN ENDS-10/14/22

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
The One and Only
Futurian

HALLOWEEN ENDS-10/14/22

Post by The One and Only »

The title says it all folks.
Spoiler:
At least until the sequel.
:huge:
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Re: HALLOWEEN ENDS-10/14/22

Post by Chrispy_G »

I thought I would be a lot more excited than I am.

It is one of those things where the ultimate fate and legacy of the Trilogy will be determined by whether or not they stick this landing.

If they pull it off, they have a great trio of followups to the first. If they don't...they have kind of cemented this as 3 unimpressive followups to the original.

You can kinda take just the 2018 film in a vacuum paired with the first...but it still had a slightly unresolved ending.

Also...it is just very hard for me to imagine a way for Laurie to get out of this alive. I know she is the hero...but you can't escape death forever.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Looks very promising. The 2018 movie is great and Halloween Kills is, in my opinion, the best Halloween movie since the original, so I will be looking forward to this movie.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The studio mandate to turn the film into a trilogy harmed Halloween Kills considerably but I still enjoyed it a lot. I'm very excited for this.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:02 pm Looks very promising. The 2018 movie is great and Halloween Kills is, in my opinion, the best Halloween movie since the original, so I will be looking forward to this movie.
Can I ask why you liked Kills so much? I liked it too but am finding it hard to articulate why and if Ends sucks I won't be revisiting Kills often if at all.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I liked Halloween Kills to an extent because it feels like Jason Voorhees in the role of Michael Myers.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

cloverfan98 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:14 pm
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:02 pm Looks very promising. The 2018 movie is great and Halloween Kills is, in my opinion, the best Halloween movie since the original, so I will be looking forward to this movie.
Can I ask why you liked Kills so much? I liked it too but am finding it hard to articulate why and if Ends sucks I won't be revisiting Kills often if at all.
I like Kills so much because of how the movie plays out from beginning to end. Having the people of Haddonfield coming together to stop Michael is a great idea and I really like the characters that we follow throughout the movie. It's not just Laurie that we are focusing here, but also the new characters as well as the return of old characters from the original movie, such as Leigh Brackett, Tommy Doyle and Lindsey Wallace. It was cool to see these characters do everything they can to kill Michael once and for all.
Spoiler:
And even though the Haddonfield residents are trying to stop evil, they become evil themselves when their mob causes Lance, the other inmate from Smith's Grove that they mistaken for being Michael, to jump to his death so that they wouldn't catch and kill him in their own hands. It's an emotional scene that we have never seen before in a Halloween movie.
And then we have that opening that takes place right after the original movie takes place, which is a neat touch. This is not just another slasher movie, it's a slasher movie with great ideas and class.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Man does a Stab. Looks as generic as you can get. Still haven't taken the wrapper off my copy of Halloween Kills.

I'd prefer to watch Halloween 4 and Halloween 5 and they want us to believe those are the 'bad' sequels, considering they are making movies that ignore that continuity.

I'll probably still see it in the cinemas and buy the 4K, so it doesn't really matter.
Last edited by Jeff-Goldblum2 on Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:11 pm I liked Halloween Kills to an extent because it feels like Jason Voorhees in the role of Michael Myers.
Same here. Michael was such a beast in that film it was like, yeah give him his win for once.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Der Final Trailer.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Ahh it was bad !
Ok so the first half of this movie was Sh** with a capital S, but the last ten minutes were hype enough & worth it. I'm a forgiving watcher, I guess. Maybe it was better that the movie wasn't overstuffed with kills from the ACTUAL Michael. F*** stupid flippin Corey.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

^
Spoiler:
I think the idea of focusing on a new plot, and transferring power, is infinitely more interesting then just focusing on the same old BS over and over again.
Halloween Kills might be one of my favorite Halloween films for at least trying to change things up.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I liked the film but I wish they would have committed to a choice they made and not done what was more or less
Spoiler:
Vader and Obi-Wan.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

As someone who went out of their way to pay $80 to get that beautiful Kills mask, rehauled it myself and went to a year early screening of Halloween Kills with NDA included…

ENDS WAS SO TERRIBLE. My favorite films besides the original, and yet the last of the trilogy just had to fumble what it was doing like an oiled up naked guy attempting to hit a running lay-up.
Spoiler:
If you’re going to do something massive like a Corey swap, go through with it. Have him be the It-Man going forward. This trilogy was the final chapter of Michael Myers. MOVE FORWARD. Start a new trilogy, you can even keep calling them Halloween films! Michael is NOT Halloween!

When Corey went down, and Michael entered that shredder, the theme should’ve played, and Corey should’ve sat up, showing the transition of Evil.

Having Laurie go home, looking for the body, only for her to get hysterical and say “I shot him two times!” would’ve been a perfect homage to Dr. Loomis saying “I shot him 5 times!”

If you’re going to kill the kid anyway, drop him from the script! This isn’t his trilogy! We just saw Michael take on the entire world in Halloween Kills! And he won! So why is he suddenly succumbing so damn badly? Why is infection and age catching up to him? It feels like a cheap cop out.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:10 pmStart a new trilogy, you can even keep calling them Halloween films! Michael is NOT Halloween!
They tried exactly this back in 1982 and it blew up in their faces (movie itself notwithstanding, H3 is my favorite of the franchise). There’s no reason to think it wouldn’t be different now.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:26 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:10 pmStart a new trilogy, you can even keep calling them Halloween films! Michael is NOT Halloween!
They tried exactly this back in 1982 and it blew up in their faces (movie itself notwithstanding, H3 is my favorite of the franchise). There’s no reason to think it wouldn’t be different now.
But then this film was destined to sink any way, I would’ve respected this film more if it went forward with the risks it took, instead of giving the insinuation, only to take away the run time from the real story we’ve been waiting for since Kills.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:26 pm
People would be more accepting now of the anthology approach then in 82. Movie would still be crapped on, but it was be better received. Doesn't matter anyway since the next Halloween they'll reboot again.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

This film was interesting, but missed the mark imo. It was sloppy. Sloppily edited, paced and written. That would be fine but I'm frustrated about it, 2018 hints at the idea of evil spreading like a virus, Kills (in a similar fashion to Ends) had interesting ideas about evil spreading with good intentions but they weren't executed very well. And like, I could forgive Kills if they had stuck the landing with Ends. They just didn't. And that leaves a trilogy with one very decent movie and two that try and fail at having interesting themes.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.