The Official Star Wars Saga Thread

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorite installments in the Star Wars Saga?

Star Wars (1977, dir. George Lucas)
22%
The Empire Strikes Back (1980, dir. Irvin Kershner)
24%
Return of the Jedi (1983, dir. Richard Marquand)
20%
The Phantom Menace (1999, dir. Lucas)
2%
Attack of the Clones (2002, dir. Lucas)
2%
Revenge of the Sith (2005, dir. Lucas)
14%
The Force Awakens (2015, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%
Rogue One (2016, dir. Gareth Edwards)
7%
The Last Jedi (2017, dir. Rian Johnson)
3%
Solo (2018, dir. Ron Howard)
1%
The Rise of Skywalker (2019, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%

Total votes: 244

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Re: The Official Star Wars Saga Thread

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Very interesting seeing you people react to that. Double standards are a human problem, don't try to spin it like it's just the side you don't agree with.
These people have been following the story the whole time, many of you might not agree with their take but I'm just trying to add a different angle to this conversation.

Drama behind regardless, it's disappointing news. She added a good dynamic to the Mandalorian's main cast.

And for the record I was not thrilled with James Gunn's rapid ejection from GotG either.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:31 am Very interesting seeing you people react to that. Double standards are a human problem, don't try to spin it like it's just the side you don't agree with.
These people have been following the story the whole time, many of you might not agree with their take but I'm just trying to add a different angle to this conversation.
[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hl2n1EcEsE[/YouTbe]

Drama behind regardless, it's disappointing news. She added a good dynamic to the Mandalorian's main cast.

And for the record I was not thrilled with James Gunn's rapid ejection from GotG either.
What do you mean You People. You do know that's considered a slur by some right?
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:39 am
Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:31 am Very interesting seeing you people react to that. Double standards are a human problem, don't try to spin it like it's just the side you don't agree with.
[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hl2n1EcEsE[/YouTbe]

What do you mean You People. You do know that's considered a slur by some right?
Hmm. Suppose my phrasing came off as hostile, apologies. And no, I was unaware "you people" had progressed to the level of slur, that seems silly to me but duly noted.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:58 am > Say dumb poop on social media
> Get told multiple times to stop saying dumb poop on social media
> Force Jon Favreau to call in favors with the executives to give you another chance
> Make a joke comparing yourself to a Jewish person during the Holocaust
> Forget that Jon Favreau (aka the man who risked political capital to bat for you) is Jewish

Sheesh. I haven't been following it. God DAMN, I didn't expect it to be that bad.

It's such a shame too. I liked Cara Dune, and was happy to see a realistically buff woman in an action role. Oh well.
Last edited by Spuro on Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

You people is a generalization of likeminded individuals regardless of the size of the group.

Not what you're interpreting it as.

Added in 2 minutes 23 seconds:
I think its funny how Gina's post says "Fellow neighbors turned on eachother and discriminated against them based on their differing ideals"

And then those same people she was implying, ran with it, generalized it, twisted it into something it wasn't, and got her fired lol.

Hive mind political groups do no favors for anyone on this planet. All parties seem to lack any sort of cognitive awareness.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

^ She got herself fired, dude. Don't be ridiculous.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Yeah she should've stayed quiet after the past few things she's been under fire for.

I just am not a fan of this one that got her fired. (And half my family is jewish lol)
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

I generally agree that this is a good decision, but it's a shame she got fired. I mean, she does seem to have been fanning the flames, so its more than just her political viewpoints, but oh well. It would have been nice to have a buff woman in a leading role in Star Wars for a long time, especially a conservative one which could show people that multiple viewpoints are okay, but given that she was being a jerk about it...well, here we are today.

FYI, I am left leaning moderate who is a fan of people being free to share their opinions and viewpoints in a respectful way
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Even putting aside the reasons she was fired, she's a terrible actress and her performance hurt the show.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:25 am
You people is a generalization of likeminded individuals regardless of the size of the group.

You people was another term White people used to show they were superior to Black people during the Jim Crow era. Unlike other slurs it dropped off and didn't stick around.

If someone tells you they see meaning behind a word a certain way it would be best to ask why instead of telling them they're wrong.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:23 pm

You people was another term White people used to show they were superior to Black people during the Jim Crow era. Unlike other slurs it dropped off and didn't stick around.

If someone tells you they see meaning behind a word a certain way it would be best to ask why instead of telling them they're wrong.
Yes, but he was talking about a certain subgroup of the Star Wars fanbase, so racial offense was quite clearly not the intent of the usage.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:29 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:23 pm

Yes, but he was talking about a certain subgroup of the Star Wars fanbase, so racial offense was quite clearly not the intent of the usage.
Which is why I didn't call him a racist. I let him know how others could get upset by the wording.

In theory someone could use the N-word without racial intent as well as that means stupid.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:25 am I think its funny how Gina's post says "Fellow neighbors turned on eachother and discriminated against them based on their differing ideals"

And then those same people she was implying, ran with it, generalized it, twisted it into something it wasn't, and got her fired lol.
Oh, come off it.
On Instagram, she wrote: Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors...even by children.

"Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views?"
She's the one who invoked the tasteless and flat-out wrong comparison between 2020s American conservatives and 1930s German Jews. This isn't your "hive mind" PC cancel culture at work, it's an idiot making a remarkably insensitive statement and getting fired by her employer for it (in part because of a history of doing this same sort of thing).
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Terasawa wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:40 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:25 am I think its funny how Gina's post says "Fellow neighbors turned on eachother and discriminated against them based on their differing ideals"

Oh, come off it.
On Instagram, she wrote: Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors...even by children.

"Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views?"
She's the one who invoked the tasteless and flat-out wrong comparison between 2020s American conservatives and 1930s German Jews. This isn't your "hive mind" PC cancel culture at work, it's an idiot making a remarkably insensitive statement and getting fired by her employer for it (in part because of a history of doing this same sort of thing).
If only Star Wars fans are as vociferously angry over this nonsense as they were over Kathleen Kennedy existing.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Cara Dune's actress said a bunch of transphobic shit, right? That's what started this whole mess?

Recast the character with a trans ftm actor. Or a straight up male actor, if none are available. Have the character in-lore undergo a sex change operation between Season 2 and Season 3. Make Cara Dune the first Star Wars trans character.

It'd never happen, but god the irony there would be hilarious.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Or just give Cobb Vanth the position of New Republic Galactic Deputy, I wouldn't be mad at it

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Terasawa wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:40 pm

Oh, come off it.

This after being repeatedly told to stop saying stupid shit on social media. And made to promise to stop saying stupid shit to boot.

That's a HELL of a lot more second chances than James Gunn got (if you don't count them rehiring him), he was fired on the spot. For some stupid shit he tweeted 10 years ago (!) and has wholeheartedly apologized for ever since. Republicans need not rip that, though, quite the opposite.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Ehhh, mixed feelings on her being fired. She’s an absolute idiot, and she should’ve been reprimanded, but I’m not sure if firing her was the best thing. I’m just wondering where the line needs to be drawn over idiotic social media posts. A lot of people these days unfortunately agree with her, and a lot of people would need to be fired. I’ve worked with tons of people in the past that have said far stupider things (and rightfully gotten told off for it) but then again those people weren’t making bank in the spotlight. Disney is smart and totally in their right to get rid of her. She’s also an idiot for not foreseeing this happening.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:27 pm Ehhh, mixed feelings on her being fired. She’s an absolute idiot, and she should’ve been reprimanded, but I’m not sure if firing her was the best thing. I’m just wondering where the line needs to be drawn over idiotic social media posts. A lot of people these days unfortunately agree with her, and a lot of people would need to be fired. I’ve worked with tons of people in the past that have said far stupider things (and rightfully gotten told off for it) but then again those people weren’t making bank in the spotlight. Disney is smart and totally in their right to get rid of her. She’s also an idiot for not foreseeing this happening.
Disney asked her to stop and she told them she would, then went back on the tirade again.

I don't think people should get fired over political beliefs either but stupid shot is a different ball game.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:51 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:27 pm Ehhh, mixed feelings on her being fired. She’s an absolute idiot, and she should’ve been reprimanded, but I’m not sure if firing her was the best thing. I’m just wondering where the line needs to be drawn over idiotic social media posts. A lot of people these days unfortunately agree with her, and a lot of people would need to be fired. I’ve worked with tons of people in the past that have said far stupider things (and rightfully gotten told off for it) but then again those people weren’t making bank in the spotlight. Disney is smart and totally in their right to get rid of her. She’s also an idiot for not foreseeing this happening.
Disney asked her to stop and she told them she would, then went back on the tirade again.

I don't think people should get fired over political beliefs either but stupid shot is a different ball game.
Yeah, and I’m sure there’s some sort of “don’t say stupid shit or we may fire you” clause in any and all Disney contracts.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.