The Official Star Wars Saga Thread

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorite installments in the Star Wars Saga?

Star Wars (1977, dir. George Lucas)
22%
The Empire Strikes Back (1980, dir. Irvin Kershner)
24%
Return of the Jedi (1983, dir. Richard Marquand)
20%
The Phantom Menace (1999, dir. Lucas)
2%
Attack of the Clones (2002, dir. Lucas)
2%
Revenge of the Sith (2005, dir. Lucas)
14%
The Force Awakens (2015, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%
Rogue One (2016, dir. Gareth Edwards)
7%
The Last Jedi (2017, dir. Rian Johnson)
3%
Solo (2018, dir. Ron Howard)
1%
The Rise of Skywalker (2019, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%

Total votes: 244

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: The Official Star Wars Saga Thread

Post by miguelnuva »

JAGzilla wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:46 am So Star Wars is getting a bunny girl in that upcoming anime series. That's the point we have come to.
It's non canon.

Added in 2 minutes 29 seconds:
_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:41 am How could we, Hasbro thought it'd be a magnificent idea to make a Jaxxon 6 inch Black Series figure instead of the millions of other characters people have been clamoring for LOL

Added in 2 minutes 18 seconds:
JAGzilla wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:46 am So Star Wars is getting a bunny girl in that upcoming anime series. That's the point we have come to.
Not surprised, I'm waiting for Mickey to show up as a Grand Republic Jedi Master with the ability to hold 2 planets in his hands with just the force.

Speaking of, did you guys hear Disney went ahead and indirectly retconned Anakin's hobby of being an engineer during his slave days, and instead said if you're really good at building stuff, it's because you have a really rare Force ability. It's being introduced in the next High Republic novel, likely to explain why Rey can do so much with mechanics when she only ever scavenged dead cruisers.

They're turning the force into a Deus Ex Machina. (Or at least more so than it already was)
The Force is Anakin's dad, as stupid as it is that;s not the worst damage they have honestly done to the franchise. Also

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mickey_Mouse

I might be less upset if he trained Rey between TLJ and ROS.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

So here are my thoughts on the Disney Star Wars franchise, and I think it’s a hit or miss,

Miss:
The sequel trilogy was a mess I can’t lie about it, why was a mess because they didn’t have a clear direction, They just wrote the story as they went along, not to mention the atrocious force comedy that makes you feel like you’re in the Marvel movie no offense. I’m not saying that you should like these movies it’s your opinion but you have to admit that they didn’t really have a clear direction.

I seriously don’t understand why that recon every legend book, and say these are not canon, I seriously don’t understand the decision to do so what’s ironic that they say they didn’t have enough stories to go by even though there’s like thousands upon thousands of legends material they can use.

Hit:
Mandalorian was pretty much a returned to form for what Star Wars was once.
Great story, humor that then felt out of place, and most importantly great characters. From season one two season two was the best Star Wars content in years.
Clone wars Season 6 was fantastic, kept what made the series so great.

It seems like they’re doing better now in days bud that doesn’t mean that they’re free from mistakes is, they can still do some questionable decisions but for what I can say we’re in the clear for now

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:19 am So here are my thoughts on the Disney Star Wars franchise, and I think it’s a hit or miss,

Miss:
The sequel trilogy was a mess I can’t lie about it, why was a mess because they didn’t have a clear direction, They just wrote the story as they went along, not to mention the atrocious force comedy that makes you feel like you’re in the Marvel movie no offense. I’m not saying that you should like these movies it’s your opinion but you have to admit that they didn’t really have a clear direction.

I seriously don’t understand why that recon every legend book, and say these are not canon, I seriously don’t understand the decision to do so what’s ironic that they say they didn’t have enough stories to go by even though there’s like thousands upon thousands of legends material they can use.

Hit:
Great story, humor that then felt out of place, and most importantly great characters. From season one two season two was the best Star Wars content in years.

It seems like they’re doing better now in days bud that doesn’t mean that they’re free from mistakes is, they can still do some questionable decisions but for what I can say we’re in the clear for now
As long as they stay away from releasing shallow unplanned films, they might have a healthy idea of how to handle the franchise.

Bad Batch (other than the god awful filler episodes), TCW (even though it existed Pre-Disney), and Mando are the best things to come out of Star Wars since the early 2000s.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Bad Batch Season 2 announced

Here's to hoping
Spoiler:
Crosshair rejoins the squad, so the team would be at full strength for the majority of the season.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:53 am
Thatguy4683 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:19 am So here are my thoughts on the Disney Star Wars franchise, and I think it’s a hit or miss,

Miss:

Hit:

As long as they stay away from releasing shallow unplanned films, they might have a healthy idea of how to handle the franchise.

Bad Batch (other than the god awful filler episodes), TCW (even though it existed Pre-Disney), and Mando are the best things to come out of Star Wars since the early 2000s.
You're missing some good reading with the Legacy and Fate of the Jedi series then.

Jacen becoming Cadeus is what Disney thought Kylo Ren would be.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:17 pm

Miss:

Hit:

You're missing some good reading with the Legacy and Fate of the Jedi series then.

Lol no I think you misread. I'm one of the strongest supporters of Pre-Disney Star Wars.

Jacen over Kylo every day of the week.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:45 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:17 pm

Lol no I think you misread. I'm one of the strongest supporters of Pre-Disney Star Wars.

Jacen over Kylo every day of the week.
Gotcha, since Clone Wars and the rest were the best since the early 2000's so I just wanted to make sure you knew about those novels.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I know chances are someone posted this before on the forums, but I just thought I'd share this :

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Revan is back and coming to ps5.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Miss:

Hit:

One of the reasons the 20th Century Fox version of the Saga was dropped was that Chewbacca died in one of the books (I don't remember which one, though, but he did die heroically, sacrificing his life for his friends) and when they decided to bring Han Solo back tor the films, they also decided to remove an entire version of Star Wars history instead of just giving Han in his old age a new co-pilot.

At least, that's what I heard.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

mikelcho wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:38 pm

Miss:

Hit:

One of the reasons the 20th Century Fox version of the Saga was dropped was that Chewbacca died in one of the books (I don't remember which one, though, but he did die heroically, sacrificing his life for his friends) and when they decided to bring Han Solo back tor the films, they also decided to remove an entire version of Star Wars history instead of just giving Han in his old age a new co-pilot.

Chewie got a planet dropped on him :lol:
For Emperor and Empire!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Voyager wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:56 pm
mikelcho wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:38 pm

Miss:

Hit:

Chewie got a planet dropped on him :lol:
It was a Moon, its also funny how Disney and fans argued that Chewie dying was one big reason to throw out legends and then we lost Luke, Leia and Han.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Visions is out. Personally, my favorite short (at least on first-watch) has got to be The Village Bride but I only found 2 of the 9 to be below-average (those being Tatooine Rhapsody and T0-B1).

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Would any of you be opposed to seeing a lightsaber-bayonet?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:21 pm Would any of you be opposed to seeing a lightsaber-bayonet?
Would Disney be opposed to shutting the fuck up and taking my money?

I always wanted to see some elite clone unit using lightsaber bayonets. Given how often they ended up fighting battle droids hand-to-hand, a bayonet would've been a very logical weapon for them. And, more importantly, it would've been cool.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Only well done eps in my opinion were 1,5,7,8,9 I think. Give me a franchise from the guys who made that first episode, they know exactly what Disney needs.

That Chibi Jabba's kid generic rock nonsense was pure dumpster fire. Didn't bother with the Robo Pinocchio episode.

The Twins were cool, concept was far out, and they did the TLJ bubblegum head maneuver except it made a semblance of sense.

The adopted Rabbit episode was awesome

The old man Sith episode was on the money too, you could really feel which studios had an affliction for the good stuff of the franchise, and those who... probably didn't.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

A trailer for The Book of Boba Fett popped today.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

For those that have read it, what are your thoughts on the High republic stories and comics? Ive been thinking of checking them out but wanted to hear honest reviews that don't devolve into the usual "SJW is ruining star wars!' complaints videos from youtubers.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that. Fight me.

Anguirus and Godzilla being friends in the Showa series is cannon. Deal with it.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Very vanilla storytelling from the graphic novels Disney has been putting out.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Rewatched Mandalorian S2. Din Djarin and Grogu parting still gets me choked up.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image