APE vs MONSTER

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

APE vs MONSTER

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

The Official Rip-Off! Lol! Anyone heard of this thing yet?! :shrug:
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

edgaguirus
Xilien Halfling

Re: APE vs MONSTER

Post by edgaguirus »

This is the first I've heard of it.
Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a 7 1/2 foot long, 54 inch wide....Gorilla! Is that what you're telling me?

The children of the night. What music they make.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Is it absurd that I actually want to see it? :lol:
My rules:

1. If I start getting carried away, I simply just log off and come back later.
2. Think before I suddenly post.
3. Try not to post image only posts even if they're just for fun and jokes.

Gigantis
Keizer

Post by Gigantis »

The ape's name is Abraham. Which i find a missed opportunity because they could've called him APEraham.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

We need Abraham, the world needs him.

Abraham bows to no one.

Monster's out there hurting people and we don't know why!
My rules:

1. If I start getting carried away, I simply just log off and come back later.
2. Think before I suddenly post.
3. Try not to post image only posts even if they're just for fun and jokes.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Please don't spoil me with any Mecha-Monster leaks. I want to go into this movie 100% blind.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Mac Daddy MM
EDF Instructor

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

It looks like 2005 Asylum. And I love it for it. Count me in.

Jeff-Goldblum2
Interpol Agent

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Right, because the Godzilla look you want to copy is Godzilla 98.

ROMG4
JXSDF Technician

Post by ROMG4 »

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:12 pm Right, because the Godzilla look you want to copy is Godzilla 98.
They didn't even make it, its a 3D CGI asset made by a Maya creator years back in 2014
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/di ... el-1182040
They just bought it

Its a very nice model though, fantastic work on the creator who made it. Real shame that it won't be in a good movie though, lol
Last edited by ROMG4 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Can't wait for the 2 minutes of actual fighting.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I'll give Asylum this - the trailer alone has more kaiju screen time in it than their Monster Island a couple of years back.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

edgaguirus
Xilien Halfling

Post by edgaguirus »

So that's what the Giant Gila Monster would look like as a kaiju.
Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a 7 1/2 foot long, 54 inch wide....Gorilla! Is that what you're telling me?

ROMG4
JXSDF Technician

Post by ROMG4 »

Vakanai wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:29 pm I'll give Asylum this - the trailer alone has more kaiju screen time in it than their Monster Island a couple of years back.
About that apparently the actual final fight is like 20-40 seconds long, when you remove all the filler shots and stuff asylum loves to jab in

https://twitter.com/ZaGorudan/status/13 ... 6459436043

Not very good
Last edited by ROMG4 on Mon May 03, 2021 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

ROMG4 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:15 am
Vakanai wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:29 pm I'll give Asylum this - the trailer alone has more kaiju screen time in it than their Monster Island a couple of years back.
About that apparently the actual final fight is like 20-40 seconds long, when you remove all the filler shots and stuff asylum loves to jab in

Not very good
I am not at all surprised. That's still like 20 seconds longer than Monster Island's match up.
Like holy crap, why even do these movies if you can't afford the main attraction for them - the monsters?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

edgaguirus
Xilien Halfling

Post by edgaguirus »

Vakanai wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:20 am
ROMG4 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:15 am

Not very good
I am not at all surprised. That's still like 20 seconds longer than Monster Island's match up.
Like holy crap, why even do these movies if you can't afford the main attraction for them - the monsters?

They make money, and people still watch them. They'll keep making movies as long as we watch.

Mac Daddy MM
EDF Instructor

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

But they just couldn't give us Mega Shark vs. Moby Dick or Mega Shark vs. Zombie Lobster... Or even Mega Shark vs. 1000 Headed Shark. Or Mega Shark vs. Sharknado, which you know DAMN WELL would have sold big.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Tue May 04, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Keizer

Post by Gigantis »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:33 pm But they just couldn't give us Mega Shark vs. Moby Dick or Mega Shark vs. Zombie Lobster... Or even Mega Shark vs. 1000 Headed Shark. Or Mega Shark vs. Sharknado, which you know DAMN WELL would have sold big.
MM, you got this all wrong, we all know what the Asylum really should have did!

They should've teamed up with Roger Corman and given us the Mega Shark vs. Sharktopus crossover we've been waiting for

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

^
Ditto.

mikelcho
G-Grasper

Post by mikelcho »

Gigantis wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:17 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:33 pm But they just couldn't give us Mega Shark vs. Moby Dick or Mega Shark vs. Zombie Lobster... Or even Mega Shark vs. 1000 Headed Shark. Or Mega Shark vs. Sharknado, which you know DAMN WELL would have sold big.
MM, you got this all wrong, we all know what the Asylum really should have did!

They should've teamed up with Roger Corman and given us the Mega Shark vs. Sharktopus crossover we've been waiting for
As I said before, I'd like to see them do Mega Shark vs. Mega Python and thus include Mega Python vs. Gatoroid in the storyline.

Btw, I know that Mega Shark vs. Moby Dick is actually being planned, but what about Mega Shark vs. Zombie Lobster? Is that actually being planned also or is it a joke title?
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat May 08, 2021 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

o.supreme
EDF Instructor

Post by o.supreme »

I understand that people should have the rights to express themselves through film however, asong as it dosen't hurt anyone else, or spread hate. But for some reason these ripoffs make me furious. I couldn't make it all the way through Sharknado even on Rifftrax. I barely made it through Atlantic Rim on MST. I can't imagine wanting to watch any of these films purposefully, but I guess that's just me. I hoped years ago when they ripped off The Hobbit they would get sued out of existence. I do not watch or support these films hoping one day they will cease to exist.
Last edited by o.supreme on Sun May 09, 2021 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!