Shows that could use a reboot/remake/revival

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
LegendZilla
Xilien Halfling

Re: Shows that could use a reboot/remake/revival

Post by LegendZilla »

^One thing I've wanted to see from Dragonball is a Human/Saiyan hybrid who's Saiyan-half comes from their mother's side. Specifically a full-blooded one, tail and all. Maybe Yamcha should get lucky for once and get a hot Saiyan babe.

Another major issue I have with the Dragonball canon as it is, is none other than Goku and Chi-Chi's relationship. Goku has to mature as time goes by and his wife needs to learn not be always be a narrow-minded control freak. As for their son Gohan, he was built up as Goku's successor right up until he Buu saga, where he ended getting that Ultimate training for nothing. Nowadays, he's been reduced to a mere family man. I think that if he can't surpass his father, he should at least become his equal.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Any problems with Dragonball is because of Toriyama's short attention span and his habit of making it all up on the spot as he goes along. Actually I think an interesting direction would be to give the franchise an 80s/90s American animation make over like Thundercats or Masters of the Universe. I'd make 2 major story arcs. The Red Ribbon Army/King Piccolo arc and then the Saiyan/Frieza Force arc. The anniversary film a Path to Power is a perfect template for how to combine elements of all the arcs together.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

SonOfGorgo
JXSDF Technician

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Visionaries
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

The short-lived DC Universe series SWAMP THING that ended up getting a truncated season(13 to 10 episodes), on top of being cancelled after its first episode aired on the now absorbed in to HBO Max streaming service. Best adaptation of DC's Sophisticated Suspense title, and even had one heck of an after credit sequence in the series finale. Was run last fall on the CW to excellent ratings, but despite said high marks a continuation is not in the cards.
Last edited by The One and Only on Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

LegendZilla
Xilien Halfling

Post by LegendZilla »

Since someone has brought up Dragonball as a potential subject for a full-on reboot, allow me to bring up more anime franchises that could use a reboot. Why not reboot some of Tatsunoko Productions older franchises like Gatchaman, Casshan or Tekkaman? I know there's Gatchaman Crowds but come on, that resembles the classic series even less than Gino does Godzilla. Tekkaman was rebooted once in the early Heisei era as Tekkaman Blade, so why not do the same for the Reiwa era?

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:46 am Since someone has brought up Dragonball as a potential subject for a full-on reboot, allow me to bring up more anime franchises that could use a reboot. Why not reboot some of Tatsunoko Productions older franchises like Gatchaman, Casshan or Tekkaman? I know there's Gatchaman Crowds but come on, that resembles the classic series even less than Gino does Godzilla. Tekkaman was rebooted once in the early Heisei era as Tekkaman Blade, so why not do the same for the Reiwa era?
Reminds me, I remember enjoying the heck out of that 2004 Casshern film, apparently that was based on an old anime. That could make for a great reboot if that movie was anything to go by.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Major sssspielberg!
G-Force Personnel

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

MST3K is in desperate need of fresh blood. I'd say get the Rifftrax fellas back in some capacity, don't just let Joel run the show. Get Hannibal Buress as host, don't be afraid to get a little bit edgier with the content. Obviously it would take a delicate hand because you can't completely poop on the wholesome vibe of MST, but imo it needs a little more edge to compete in today's comedy landscape.
PitchBlackProgress wrote: Minya’s got class, dude one-shot Ghidorah and got all that MonsterLand p****y afterwards.
:xilien: :xilien: :xilien: Join me in.... Escape! :xilien: :xilien: :xilien: