Who would you cast?

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Who would you cast?

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

So which actor would you think would be perfect for a specific role?

As I've got two actors in mind for to play two of the classic monsters. Jim Carrey as Doctor Jerkly And Mr Hyde. Think about it, he dose have the skills to go from a very, kind hearted, odd ball to an out-n-out madman. To prove my point further, watch Me,Myself and Irene. So can see were I'm coming from.

Terry Crews as The Frankenstein Monster. I don't think I need to say more than that.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: Who would you cast?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Dave Bautista as Kratos.

Too perfect for the role. No one could play a better Kratos but him.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Dave Bautista as Kratos.

Too perfect for the role. No one could play a better Kratos but him.
Dave doesn't have the look.

Triple H on the other hand...

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

For some reason when reading the (first four) Nemesis novels, I couldn't help but imagine Jeremy Renner as Jon Hudson.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Ian McShane as Quint.

Just have him portray Quint with more Stamina when he meets his end with the shark so his character stays more consistent with the rest of the movie.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

Russell Johnson (circa 1960s) as Reed Richards.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Psycho
Andrew Garfield or Adam Driver - Norman Bates
Marion Crane - Kate Beckinsale

Gears of War
Dave Bautista - Marcus Fenix
Terry Crews - Cole Train

DC
Ana De Armas - Catwoman
Alexandra Daddario - Wonder Woman
Will Smith - Green Lantern
Bryan Cranston - Commissioner Gordon

Halo
Idris Elba - Sergeant Johnson
Scarlett Johansson - Cortana
Bryan Cranston - Captain Keyes

Dragonheart Remake
Gerard Butler - Draco
Chris Pratt - Bowen
Timothee Chalamet - Einon
David Wenham - Brother Gilbert

The Oedipus myth
Eva Green - Jocasta

Disney's Live Action Hercules Remake
Chris Pratt - Hercules
Aubrey Plaza - Meg
Chris Hemsworth - Zeus
Tom Hiddleston - Hades

If I could go back in time and make Game of Thrones 3 years later than it was originally made (which would be good as it would give GRRM 3 more uninterrupted years to devote to the 6th book, giving the show more solid book material to follow in the later seasons to help it finish stronger) I would try out a few alt-castings
Eva Green - Cersei
Camren Bicondova - Arya Stark
Anya Taylor-Joy - Sansa Stark
Emily Browning - Daenerys Targaryan
Juno Temple - Margaery Tyrell
Last edited by Chrispy_G on Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Norman Osborn (MCU) - James Marsters

Added in 29 seconds:
Chrispy_G wrote:Psycho
Andrew Garfield or Adam Driver - Norman Bates
Marion Crane - Kate Beckinsale

Gears of War
Dave Bautista - Marcus Fenix
Terry Crews - Cole Train

DC
Ana De Armas - Catwoman
Alexandra Daddario - Wonder Woman
Will Smith - Green Lantern
Bryan Cranston - Commissioner Gordon

Halo
Idris Elba - Sergeant Johnson
Scarlett Johansson - Cortana
Bryan Cranston - Captain Keyes

Dragonheart Remake
Gerard Butler - Draco
Chris Pratt - Bowen
Timothee Chalamet - Einon
David Wenham - Brother Gilbert

The Oedipus myth
Eva Green - Jocasta

Disney's Live Action Hercules Remake
Chris Pratt - Hercules
Aubrey Plaza - Meg
Chris Hemsworth - Zeus
Tom Hiddleston - Hades

If I could go back in time and make Game of Thrones 3 years later than it was originally made (which would be good as it would give GRRM 3 more uninterrupted years to devote to the 6th book, giving the show more solid book material to follow in the later seasons to help it finish stronger) I would try out a few alt-castings
Eva Green - Cersei
Camren Bicondova - Arya Stark
Anya Taylor-Joy - Sansa Stark
Emily Browning - Daenerys Targaryan
Juno Temple - Margaery Tyrell
That Gears of War cast is so perfect. I'm surprised someone else has heard of Dragonheart too!
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:So which actor would you think would be perfect for a specific role?

As I've got two actors in mind for to play two of the classic monsters. Jim Carrey as Doctor Jerkly And Mr Hyde. Think about it, he dose have the skills to go from a very, kind hearted, odd ball to an out-n-out madman. To prove my point further, watch The Mask. So can see were I'm coming from.
Fixed that for you. :P

Personally I was so sold on Russell Crowe's performance as Hyde/Jekyll during that over-bloated mess of a Mummy remake I'd just like to see him do a legit Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde movie without having to set up a whole shared cinematic universe. He's already shown he can do it, and even if somehow the writers and director screws it up at least we know watching the character will be entertaining.
Terry Crews as The Frankenstein Monster. I don't think I need to say more than that.
Interesting. I have a very different pick for the Monster though - Will Smith. Dude's got the Boris Karloff level cheek bones and the soulful eyes that's perfect for capturing that odd sort of sorrow Frankenstein's Monster gives off. Sure he's not a particularly big guy to play a monster, but neither really was Karloff for the most part. Movie magic can give Will enough size to make it work.

John Mulaney as the Invisible Man. He's got a cartoony voice that I imagine can do manic/psychotic pretty well (just a wild guess). I mean since he's invisible the most important part to get right for the Invisible Man is giving him a memorable voice I think.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote: That Gears of War cast is so perfect. I'm surprised someone else has heard of Dragonheart too!
I love Dragonheart and think a big budget remake would have a lot of potential.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Idris Elba as Sgt. Johnson feels a little too polished. Johnson needs to be loud and hammy. I think Chad Coleman could do well in the role.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Am I the only guy who thinks that if they ever remake Predator (and don't think I'm saying it does need remade because it doesn't) that Dave Bautista would make a great Dutch?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

James Marsters - Norman Osborn
Jemaine Clement - Kraven the Hunter

Keanu Reeves - Shadow the Hedgehog

Glenn Howerton - The Joker

Matthew Broderick - Captain Cold
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Vakanai wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:So which actor would you think would be perfect for a specific role?

As I've got two actors in mind for to play two of the classic monsters. Jim Carrey as Doctor Jerkly And Mr Hyde. Think about it, he dose have the skills to go from a very, kind hearted, odd ball to an out-n-out madman. To prove my point further, watch The Mask. So can see were I'm coming from.
Fixed that for you. :P

Personally I was so sold on Russell Crowe's performance as Hyde/Jekyll during that over-bloated mess of a Mummy remake I'd just like to see him do a legit Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde movie without having to set up a whole shared cinematic universe. He's already shown he can do it, and even if somehow the writers and director screws it up at least we know watching the character will be entertaining.
Agree with you there. Crowe could have been great in the role, if he was given his own film.

Interesting. I have a very different pick for the Monster though - Will Smith. Dude's got the Boris Karloff level cheek bones and the soulful eyes that's perfect for capturing that odd sort of sorrow Frankenstein's Monster gives off. Sure he's not a particularly big guy to play a monster, but neither really was Karloff for the most part. Movie magic can give Will enough size to make it work.[/quote]

I see where your coming from, but I really don't think Smith would do it. He's got an ego and probably won't let the make-up cover his face.
John Mulaney as the Invisible Man. He's got a cartoony voice that I imagine can do manic/psychotic pretty well (just a wild guess). I mean since he's invisible the most important part to get right for the Invisible Man is giving him a memorable voice I think.
I'm not familiar with him, I know that sort of performance would be I prefer.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:I see where your coming from, but I really don't think Smith would do it. He's got an ego and probably won't let the make-up cover his face.
Oh I'm pretty sure he wouldn't either, just saying he's my dream pick for the role. And I think the reason he'd refuse has less to do with the make up and more the fact the Monster works best on film if he rarely or never talks, and Will's gonna want a lot of lines I think. But if I were legitimately casting a Frankenstein movie I'd still try and see if he was interested. He's just got that expression during some of the more quiet and somber moments in his films that nails what I'm looking for in the monster.
I'm not familiar with him, I know that sort of performance would be I prefer.
He's a comedian who's probably currently best known for voicing Peter Porker/Spider-Ham in Into the Spider-Verse. I'm not saying I want a comedic Invisible Man, just that I'm banking that he can extend his range vocally and emotionally to make the Invisible Man's voice memorable. I'm not 100% sold on him for the role, but I'd definitely ask if he'd be interested in auditioning for the part if I was casting such a movie.

I wanted to cast every classic Universal horror monster, but I'm drawing a blank currently for Dracula, the Wolf Man, and the Mummy. Gill-Man you just need a good suit and someone who could perform physically in it. I'd probably say Doug Jones, but after playing Abe Sapien in the first two Hellboy films and the monster in The Shape of Water, I'd like to get someone else to change it up.
Last edited by Vakanai on Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Chrispy_G wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote: That Gears of War cast is so perfect. I'm surprised someone else has heard of Dragonheart too!
They're still making direct to dvd Dragonheart sequels.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote:
Chrispy_G wrote:
They're making those so they can build up interest in a reboot/theatrical film.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote:
Chrispy_G wrote:
They're making those so they can build up interest in a reboot/theatrical film.
I certainly hope so. I mean....I know it is easy and obvious to pick some iconic hit and remake it and ensure returns. Still, I've always felt that the most ripe opportunities for remakes are either INCREDIBLY old films, at least 50 years old....or films that had a lot of potential and positive aspects but missed the mark or failed to connect with audiences at the time.

With very old films, you are now several generations removed from the original generation that was exposed. You aren't appealing to current parents and their kids....you are appealing to grandkids or great-grandkids of those who saw it, a completely new era.

I still think that films that were 'almost hits' or have gained a cult following are more ripe ground. I'd rather see Treasure Planet and Atlantis adapted to live action than Beauty and the Beast or The Little Mermaid.

Dragonheart is a better film to try and remake than something like Independence Day.
Last edited by Chrispy_G on Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Because I'm a Spider-Man stan, and the confusing but intriguing mysteries for the future post FFH and with Sony's MCU, here's my probably shitty list of ideal and unlikely casting choices for Spider-Man villains

Michael Shannon as Norman Osborn/Green Goblin
Jack Quaid as Harry Osborn
Peter Stormare as Sergei "Kraven" Kravinoff
Jeffrey Combs as Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus
B. D. Wong as Martian LI/Mr. Negative

and in my ideal world

Woody Harrelson Brad Dourif as Cletus Kassiday/Carnage
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Because I'm a Spider-Man stan, and the confusing but intriguing mysteries for the future post FFH and with Sony's MCU, here's my probably shitty list of ideal and unlikely casting choices for Spider-Man villains

Michael Shannon as Norman Osborn/Green Goblin
Jack Quaid as Harry Osborn
Peter Stormare as Sergei "Kraven" Kravinoff
Jeffrey Combs as Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus
B. D. Wong as Martian LI/Mr. Negative

and in my ideal world

Woody Harrelson Brad Dourif as Cletus Kassiday/Carnage
And who would you pick for Dr. Curt Connors/The Lizard?