General movies/Hollywood thread.

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Post by eabaker »

Right, I'm sure a lot of people watch Texas Chainsaw Massacre and think to themselves, "Getting hoisted up on a meathook sure looks like fun!"
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

eabaker wrote:Right, I'm sure a lot of people watch Texas Chainsaw Massacre and think to themselves, "Getting hoisted up on a meathook sure looks like fun!"
I dunno man. I watched that movie last night, and it had lots of killing/grisly murder, which must mean it glorifies murder.

Now...I'm, uh, out of rugs.

If ya get my drift.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:
eabaker wrote:Right, I'm sure a lot of people watch Texas Chainsaw Massacre and think to themselves, "Getting hoisted up on a meathook sure looks like fun!"
I dunno man. I watched that movie last night, and it had lots of killing/grisly murder, which must mean it glorifies murder.

Now...I'm, uh, out of rugs.

If ya get my drift.
The only strong compulsion I feel when walking away from TCM is the urge to blow a bunch of money on a wide angle macro lens.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Moving away from Cuties for a moment...

Back on July 1st, news broke out that Warner Bros. was creating a live action Frosty the Snowman film, starring Jason Momoa, the star of Aquaman. https://deadline.com/2020/07/jason-momo ... 202975009/

This news broke out only a few hours after Ray Fisher (Cyborg's actor) accused director Joss Whedon and producers Geoff Johns and Jon Berg of abusive practices during the reshoots of Justice League. https://screenrant.com/justice-league-r ... explained/

Now, Jason Momoa has come out, and it turns out that Warner Brother's Frosty the Snowman movie was a FAKE MOVIE ANNOUNCEMENT TO COVER UP AND DISTRACT FROM RAY FISHER'S ACCUSATIONS! https://movieweb.com/jason-momoa-justic ... ouncement/

This feels like something straight out of a satire. I've never heard of a fake movie being announced to cover up a studio scandal.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Good thing that'll never happen. Jason Momoa as Frosty is just so out there as a concept.

I wanna hear if similar things happened to Affleck and Henry Cavill before i make my opinion on this though. If they report nothing on the sort, then 1. they're lying and Warner forced them to cover it up or 2. Warner has some actor bias.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Apparently, Tom Hardy is the next 007.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

^ Just a rumor at present.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I still want Elba but I adore Hardy so I'm down for him if it's true

RIP Evan.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Would have Tom Hiddleston been a good Bond?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LegendZilla wrote:^Would have Tom Hiddleston been a good Bond?
Idk, depends on the Bond being written.

Same goes for any potential Bond

RIP Evan.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I hate to being this up again, but a grand jury has indicted Netflix over cuties!!
https://nypost.com/2020/10/06/netflix-i ... ties-film/
Netflix has been indicted by a Texas grand jury for allegedly promoting “lewd visual material” of a child in connection to the release of the controversial French film “Cuties.”

The grand jury in Tyler County returned the indictment against the streaming giant on Sept. 23, it was revealed Tuesday.

The indictment charges that Netflix did “knowingly promote visual material which depicts the lewd exhibition of the genitals or pubic area of a clothed or partially clothed child who was younger than 18 years of age at the time the visual material was created, which appeals to the prurient interest in sex, and has no serious, literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.”

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:I hate to being this up again, but a grand jury has indicted Netflix over cuties!!
Netflix has been indicted by a Texas grand jury for allegedly promoting “lewd visual material” of a child in connection to the release of the controversial French film “Cuties.”

The grand jury in Tyler County returned the indictment against the streaming giant on Sept. 23, it was revealed Tuesday.

The indictment charges that Netflix did “knowingly promote visual material which depicts the lewd exhibition of the genitals or pubic area of a clothed or partially clothed child who was younger than 18 years of age at the time the visual material was created, which appeals to the prurient interest in sex, and has no serious, literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.”
Disney deserves to loose $9 billion like how Netflix did because of acting as shills to the CCP.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:I hate to being this up again, but a grand jury has indicted Netflix over cuties!!

My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Dear lord, what is wrong with people. This is just sad to me.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

With the news of a new Batman animated series (of sorts, Batwheels - the Batmobile fights crime and teaches children life lessons) and a new Godzilla anime series, today's been a very good day for this fan.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Vakanai wrote:

11-year-old girls can't consent to being exploited in film just like they can't consent to sex with adults. What's the big deal?
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

KManX89 wrote:
Vakanai wrote:
11-year-old girls can't consent to being exploited in film just like they can't consent to sex with adults. What's the big deal?
The belief that this is some pro-pedophile movie that's exploiting 11 year olds to begin with is the big deal.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Vakanai wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
Vakanai wrote: Dear lord, what is wrong with people. This is just sad to me.
The belief that this is some pro-pedophile movie that's exploiting 11 year olds to begin with is the big deal.
If the movie exploits 11 year old girls, then so do the dance classes my sister attended for the past decade. I never saw anyone complain about them.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Vakanai wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
If the movie exploits 11 year old girls, then so do the dance classes my sister attended for the past decade. I never saw anyone complain about them.
ImageImage

eabaker wrote:The only strong compulsion I feel when walking away from TCM is the urge to blow a bunch of money on a wide angle macro lens.
I cannot tell if this is a TCM reference or a TCM reference

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

ROMG4 wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Vakanai wrote: The belief that this is some pro-pedophile movie that's exploiting 11 year olds to begin with is the big deal.
ImageImage

eabaker wrote:The only strong compulsion I feel when walking away from TCM is the urge to blow a bunch of money on a wide angle macro lens.
I cannot tell if this is a TCM reference or a TCM reference
I don't get it, 42 what? What's up with the pics of dudes gearing up for laser vision?