Movies or TV shows you want to see happen?

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: Movies or TV shows you want to see happen?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Suddenly after watching Great Lakes on Monsters and Mysteries in America.

I think the take on a post-apocalyptic movie on spirits of wendigos possessing people across the world is a must.

Firestorm
Yojimbo

Post by Firestorm »

I want a BattleTech/Star Wars hybrid knockoff consisting of Democrats and Republicans. The premise is simple: The rest of humanity achieved enlightenment, but not America so it was walled off from the rest of the universe and the dems and repubs fight each other in giant robots.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Kinda similar to My Hero Academia but sometime in the near future an unknown phenomenon gives humanity the ability of therianthropy to transform/shapeshift into their favorite animal in a wereform at will.

Be rather curious on the setting and worldbuilding of something like that.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Kinda similar to My Hero Academia but sometime in the near future an unknown phenomenon gives humanity the ability of therianthropy to transform/shapeshift into their favorite animal in a wereform at will.

Be rather curious on the setting and worldbuilding of something like that.
so furries, basically.

Huh.

Don't like that.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:so furries, basically.

Huh.

Don't like that.
And also reptiles, fish (Sharks especially), amphibians and such.

Despite the name referring to mammals, the term therianthropy refers to the ability to transform/shapeshift into any animal.

I also based this off of a what-if scenario on another forum. If it were to happen I could become a "werecrocodile" awesome! :D

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I'd rather be Ultraman so I could shuwatch away from Earth.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

This idea for a killer werejaguar flick suddenly came to my mind and if I were a movie director, this is certainly one I'd do.

It revolves around a group of friends booking an exclusive private tour for sightseeing of these ancient Aztec pyramids by their tour guide, what they think is going to be a fun experience turns into horror when the tour guide shows his true intentions.

The twist is, he along with other so-called tour guides are vessels of Tezcatlipoca who has offered them long life under the condition they continue to bring him human sacrifices as they've been doing so since the conquest of Spain and worship of the Aztec gods had died out leading to the other gods ceasing to exist, Tezcatlipoca had managed to continued to live on to the present day due to this granted in a weakened state, his goal being once getting enough human sacrifices he can finally be back in his prime and rule the world on his own now that the other gods are dead.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:This idea for a killer werejaguar flick suddenly came to my mind and if I were a movie director, this is certainly one I'd do.

It revolves around a group of friends booking an exclusive private tour for sightseeing of these ancient Aztec pyramids by their tour guide, what they think is going to be a fun experience turns into horror when the tour guide shows his intentions.

The twist is, he along with other so-called tour guides are vessels of Tezcatlipoca who has offered them long life under the condition they continue to bring him human sacrifices as they've been doing so since the conquest of Spain and worship of the Aztec gods had died out leading to the other gods ceasing to exist, Tezcatlipoca had managed to continued to live on to the present day due to this granted in a weakened state, his goal being once getting enough human sacrifices he can finally be back in his prime and rule the world on his own now that the other gods are dead.
Okay, sounds interesting enough. One problem though: If all the other gods stopped existing due to no one worshipping them anymore, what's the chance a couple of people at best and some human sacrifices are gonna save Tez?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Gigantis wrote:Okay, sounds interesting enough. One problem though: If all the other gods stopped existing due to no one worshipping them anymore, what's the chance a couple of people at best and some human sacrifices are gonna save Tez?
True...

Guess once getting enough human sacrifices throughout the centuries, he finally is freed from what he was imprisoned by the other Aztec Gods growing powerful enough to do so and perhaps a cult being involved all being vessels who pretend being private tour guides. I dunno, best I can think... :lol:

Any suggestions perhaps?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

I have a whole lot of superhero story ideas, many of which I've already written down on Idea Wiki. Among them:

- An animated sitcom about people who work in an evil corporation headed by a Lex Luthor or Norman Osborn-style villain in battle with a superhero team, titled Big Evil Corporation. The employees we follow are your usual people, and we see how they react and respond to the battles just outside their office windows and whether they continue working for their boss to get a pay rise or quit and stop supporting the bad guys. I based it off the idea/realisation that those evil corporations of superhero comics are still corporations who have people down there just as in real life; the main theme as such would be whether you can work for a bad person without becoming one.
- An adaptation of an old comic named Cameron and his Dinosaurs (https://www.amazon.com/Cameron-Dinosaur ... 1600103154), which I loved as a kid. My idea would be to have it as either a cartoon or as a live-action series or film; for the former, I'd have practical FX like animatronics and puppets, and get David Krentz of Dinosaur Revolution and Primal on production, somehow.
- A superhero work based around Ancient Egyptian mythology. I think its underrepresented/misunderstood by the majority of people as being either nothing but mummies and symbols used willy nily, or nothing but the false, inferior gods as depicted in the Book of Exodus, and would strive to be as accurate as possible.
- A Ben 10 film adaptation, homaging 90's sci fi
- A DC/Pokemon crossover, either as the wider universe or with specific Teen Titans.

As for works that aren't superhero works:
- A Transformers/Pokemon crossover, mostly inspired by beast Wars and Animated

More coming soon!
Last edited by Al Diplodocus on Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

A Metroid animated series by NetFlix through a deal with Nintendo.

After the great cartoons, they've given like Hilda, Green Eggs & Ham, Castlevania, and now Blood of Zeus. They can certainly make this deliver.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

A Transformers film or series with a gimmick: the Transformers themselves are played by people in makeup or suitmation while their vehicle modes are CG/models, while the humans are rendered in stop-motion.

Really, this can also be an original series idea.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

A proper Berserk anime adaptation. Or even Live-Action, I'm not picky

A kaiju and space opera fusion. Giant monsters vs giant ships and armadas is my dream
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Manuelito Canelito wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:35 am

A kaiju and space opera fusion. Giant monsters vs giant ships and armadas is my dream
Honestly this feels like something that would be really good if Ghidorah ever landed a spinoff movie.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

A Gamera movie where he has to fight another one of his kin that has a far less kinder vie of humans.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

A Netflix anthology prequel series to the 1981 Disney/Paramount film Dragonslayer. Different episodes each an hour or so long, set across different stages in human history (Greek mythology, Roman Empire, Middle Ages, Norse mythology, etc.), and humankind's different interactions with various sorcerers and dragons throughout time. Little to no CGI, mostly practical effects, and no retconning to events/rules established in the film.

"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly i want Disney to bring back that Gigantic movie. It has SUCH a nice concept and it really sucks it got cancelled.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

After seeing the upcoming documentary Alien Worlds.

I'd love for a documentary based on Cryptozoologicon which depicts cryptids and mythical creatures/beings as real animals all while adding some new ones as well aside from the book.

For example, my favorite one I came up with being the akhlut, a wolf-like cetacean, the sole surviving member of the archaeoceti group aka "ancient whales".

As for ones I'd like to see from the book is the kelpie (The largest species of chevrotain who is semi-aquatic and lives in Europe), dingonek (A species of saber-toothed cat that took an aquatic lifestyle), mbielu-mbielu-mbielu (A lungfish that evolved "plates" on its back), gambo (A species of marine monotreme), etc.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Id love to see somebody do something with the Xenozoic Tales/Cadillacs & Dinosaurs IP. Never read the comics but the short lived animated series was pretty solid.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I think i said this somewhere before but man Kong REALLY needs another shot at an animated series. King of the Apes is such poop, he deserves better.