Movies or TV shows you want to see happen?

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
UltramanGoji

Re: Movies or TV shows you want to see happen?

Post by UltramanGoji »

It was primarily a 50th anniversary short that had potential to be a new movie. I don't think it was ever intended to be one, though. I don't see why it not being something bigger makes it a waste of animation.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I feel like it was also done to try and drum up a sense of interest in a potential deal with a US studio, to 'shop it around' so to speak. I mean, it was debuted at a New York con, I believe.

I think they hoped/expected someone LIKE Legendary or WB would come along and offer to make a deal.

If the entirety of the Monsterverse had been a much bigger deal at the global box office, we would have seen something come to fruition.

Heck, even the fairly upper-mid performance moved things along for the Pacific Rim sequel and Rampage and turned Cloverfield into a "shared universe brand" despite not ever really returning to the kaiju concept. If all of these monster movies had taken off to a much larger degree(even going back to Pacific Rim in the Pre-Monsterverse)....then SOMEONE would have swung back to Gamera by now.

I still think a Gamera return is inevitable, it just might not be SUPER soon.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Chrispy_G wrote:I still think a Gamera return is inevitable, it just might not be SUPER soon.
Thought I was the only one who was feeling this way. Many things has happened we never would had thought to have happened.

-Godzilla vs. Kong ever seeing the bright of day again.
-Giant Monster/Kaiju genre getting an resurgence.
-King K. Rool, Ridley and Banjo making it into Smash.
-Spawn in Mortal Kombat.
-Hey Arnold Jungle movie finally being made.
-An new Nicktoons racing game with some of the characters from the classic 90s shows.

The list goes on.

I wouldn't be surprised at the possibility of Godzilla vs. Gamera being an thing eventually.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I don't think anyone is doubting/hoping a Gamera reboot isn't in the works, just there's nothing confirmed yet.

Also, what do Spawn, Ridley and Nicktoons have to do with Gamera?

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Also, what do Spawn, Ridley and Nicktoons have to do with Gamera?
They kinda are things people didn't expect to happen and they did... like a Gamera reboot?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

tyrantgoji wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Also, what do Spawn, Ridley and Nicktoons have to do with Gamera?
They kinda are things people didn't expect to happen and they did... like a Gamera reboot?
I mean, I guess?

Probably better comparisons out there imo

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

As was mentioned above, the reason for the comparisons was because these are all things no one never would had expected to ever happen and yet here we are. This prompts my hopes we could get an new Gamera movie in the future and better yet maybe even Gamera in the MonsterVerse (Given developers/creators/producers also wants him in) or Godzilla vs. Gamera.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Many things has happened we never would had thought to have happened.
Most or all of those things are pretty easily explained when you examine the circumstances that led to them... so you do have a point, but I don't think it's the one you're trying to make. We don't know what's going on with the Gamera IP behind the scenes, so technically a new Gamera film of any kind is a possibility.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Terasawa wrote:Most or all of those things are pretty easily explained when you examine the circumstances that led to them... so you do have a point, but I don't think it's the one you're trying to make. We don't know what's going on with the Gamera IP behind the scenes, so technically a new Gamera film of any kind is a possibility.
Still given the kaiju resurgence producers/developers of the MonsterVerse knowing of Gamera and actually even wanting him gives me hope.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Shin Gamera, followed by Shin Godzilla vs Shin Ultraman vs Shin Gamera. The shared cinematic kaiju universe no one saw coming!

I mean we a already have Godzilla and will have Ultraman soon, so it isn't entirely impossible to speculate on. Just need one more monster and then put them together.

Although smart money is on no Gamera but maybe Godzilla vs Ultraman.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Vakanai wrote:Shin Gamera, followed by Shin Godzilla vs Shin Ultraman vs Shin Gamera. The shared cinematic kaiju universe no one saw coming!

I mean we a already have Godzilla and will have Ultraman soon, so it isn't entirely impossible to speculate on. Just need one more monster and then put them together.

Although smart money is on no Gamera but maybe Godzilla vs Ultraman.
I mean, Shinji Higuchi worked on Gamera and Godzilla films.....AND he worked on Evangelion....and Anno worked on Evangelion and Godzilla and Ultraman....and Kaneko worked on Gamera and Godzilla.

I mean....there are various degrees of overlapping of the properties and some of the creative forces.

I mean....if it were only up to the "creatives" and there were no corporate boundaries, I feel like they all would probably have crossed over years ago. Who knows though? Maybe something ambitious and wild is possible?

Shin Shared Universe?
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Oh god I don't even want to picture the idea of Shin Ultraman.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Oh god I don't even want to picture the idea of Shin Ultraman.
Well, if you're really wondering what Shin Ultraman looks like.

He's literally just normal Ultraman missing his color timer. Shinji Higuchi's making this film btw.
Last edited by Gigantis on Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I don't think anyone is doubting/hoping a Gamera reboot isn't in the works, just there's nothing confirmed yet.

Also, what do Spawn, Ridley and Nicktoons have to do with Gamera?
I'm not ruling it out, but the fact that we're 5 years removed from that teaser appearing online and nothing has materialized yet kinda gives me doubt as much as we'd all want it to happen.

But if a Gamera reboot were to eventually happen, surely Kadokawa would strike a deal with a US distributor (most likely WB) for an American reboot, right (the G14 concept trailer was set in Japan while the actual movie-to-be was, of course set in the US)? Which would allow Gamera to appear in the MonsterVerse if they so desired (which I'd assume they would).
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

tyrantgoji wrote:He's literally just normal Ultraman missing his color timer. Shinji Higuchi's making this film btw.
I see. I thought the above was an joke of Shin Godzilla vs. Shin Ultraman vs. Shin Gamera.

Still the thought of an equivalent to Shin Godzilla is horrifying to think of...I can only imagine Shin King Kong as well.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Oh god I don't even want to picture the idea of Shin Ultraman.
You know they're making a movie right?

Added in 4 minutes 5 seconds:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:He's literally just normal Ultraman missing his color timer. Shinji Higuchi's making this film btw.
I see. I thought the above was an joke of Shin Godzilla vs. Shin Ultraman vs. Shin Gamera.

Still the thought of an equivalent to Shin Godzilla is horrifying to think of...I can only imagine Shin King Kong as well.
Nope, no joke. We're 2/3rds the way there, just need a new Gamera.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Vakanai wrote:You know they're making a movie right?
I mean in terms of design like Shin Godzilla and how there's already art of Shin King Ghidorah.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Vakanai wrote:
You know they're making a movie right?

Added in 4 minutes 5 seconds:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

Nope, no joke. We're 2/3rds the way there, just need a new Gamera.
But we still need Shin King Kong!

SoggyNoodles2016

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Vakanai wrote:You know they're making a movie right?
I mean in terms of design like Shin Godzilla and how there's already art of Shin King Ghidorah.

Wrong art.

I'll say it before, I'll say it again: the Shin design process was to make something unique that was true to the orignal design process, which is why Godzilla was a majorly messed up mutant, it was emphasis on the nuclear mutant thing.

Shin Ultraman ain't gonna look like that and a Shin Ghidorah CERTAINLY won't. We literally have a Shin Ghidorah and it looks nothing like those edgy angels.

Sorry, it's the reinvention of core Godzilla in Shin is one of my favorite things about that film and the fact everyone just takes it as "all Shin monsters are fucked up looking" MAJORLY gets on my nerves.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Well, if you're really wondering what Shin Ultraman looks like.

He's literally just normal Ultraman missing his color timer. Shinji Higuchi's making this film btw.
They could’ve at least tried to get a little more creative.