Movies or TV shows you want to see happen?

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Re: Movies or TV shows you want to see happen?

Post by Rodan95 »

Vakanai wrote:
Rodan95 wrote:An M&M's movie from Sony Pictures. It will star Eminem.

The story is about a lost M&M trying to find his way home to Hershey Park. Eminem will voice the M&M.

It could be the next Emoji Movie :lol:
You are bad and you should feel bad. :evil:
Hahaha hahahahahaha HAHAHAHAHAHA :twisted:
I try my best man :lol:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
Rodan95 wrote:An M&M's movie from Sony Pictures. It will star Eminem.

The story is about a lost M&M trying to find his way home to Hershey Park. Eminem will voice the M&M.

It could be the next Emoji Movie :lol:
Not gonna lie, an actual M&M Movie could work! All of the characters have really distinct personalities that would be pretty great to see fully fleshed out on the big screen. It's the plot that's the real problem really. What forces a bunch of candy pieces to go an a movie length adventure?
We already have the basis for a film..

Bingo ^
It's a coming of age movie where an M&M wants to become a star in a M&M commercial . Danny Devito is the sidekick and will play as himself. The main villain is a fat kid who wants to eat them :lol:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

After thinking of this idea on alternatehistory.com I suddenly want to see an TV show where an unknown phenomenon has seven portals appearing each on every continent all leading to an parallel earth where we and our relatives never existed (Except for ones like chimpanzees, gorillas, orangutans), one that is clean, pure and megafauna of the Pleistocene still exists. :D

Added in 21 days 6 hours 56 minutes 43 seconds:
And apparently I found out there's an book based on this premise.

Wildside by Steven Gould. Love an movie adaption to that. :D
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

An original, live action/CGI hybrid mecha TV series.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Christopher Nolan's Star Trek

Guillermo Del Toro's adaptation of HP Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness

Del Toro's Gamera

An original sci-fi/space fantasy in the realm of Star Wars. So many Star Wars imitators, knock-offs, and "inspired by" films always take go the 'in the distant future' route....Star Wars is in a complete fantasy galaxy. It is more of a space fantasy than a hard sci-fi. I would like to see more movies daring to attempt things like THAT.

Power Rangers reboot - The tone and style is the absolute toughest nut to crack about it, and I think the 2017 film was a mostly solid attempt...it got close, it showed that there IS a combination that works...it was just a few degrees off the mark. It can be done though.

A TRUE revival of Universal's Horror Universe - Instead of trying to turn these things into blockbusters, or trying to do some weird 'modernization' like the recent Invisible Man.....I would like them instead to do period pieces like Del Toro has suggested. They could be classy as hell. Victorian era period pieces, mostly sticking to fundamentals like practical effects, gorgeous cinematography and production design, beautiful scores, strong performances and character writing, etc....in fact....

Guillermo Del Toro's Frankenstein

Added in 39 minutes 54 seconds:
I would love to see Biblical epics make a return:

David vs Goliath for starters
A few years down the road, better takes on Noah's Ark and the story of Moses

I think a new Joan of Arc film could be very compelling as well

And just as I think the Bible is full of stories that are compelling on a mythic level beyond being religious in nature....I would LOVE to see Greek Mythology adapted in the same kind of epic, interconnected way that the Marvel Universe has been done. All of that material is entirely public domain, there are no rights issues or anything like that to overcome...so just go for it.
Last edited by Chrispy_G on Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Chrispy_G wrote:I would LOVE to see Greek Mythology adapted in the same kind of epic, interconnected way that the Marvel Universe has been done. All of that material is entirely public domain, there are no rights issues or anything like that to overcome...so just go for it.
Start off with the Titanomachy and Zeus vs. Cronos. End it with Zeus's eventual death and successor. In the middle, explore some tales with Poseidon, Hades, and of course an entire film about Hercules and his labors.
Last edited by Gigantis on Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Chrispy_G wrote:Del Toro's Gamera
Yay! I'm not the only one! :huge:
Chrispy_G wrote:And just as I think the Bible is full of stories that are compelling on a mythic level beyond being religious in nature....I would LOVE to see Greek Mythology adapted in the same kind of epic, interconnected way that the Marvel Universe has been done. All of that material is entirely public domain, there are no rights issues or anything like that to overcome...so just go for it.
Even better. Why not an mythology cinematic universe. Greek, Egyptian, Norse, Japanese, etc.

The only ones I'd leave out are Hindu, Australian Aboriginal and some indigenous American mythology (Mayan and Aztec for example should be fine) out of respect of their belief which might otherwise offend them and despite popular belief aren't public domain being they're still heavily guarded by their people today (Which I didn't know before but someone told me). At most I suppose they could be referenced or mentioned indicating they do exist in this setting but that's it.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:19 am, edited 7 times in total.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Chrispy_G wrote:I would LOVE to see Greek Mythology adapted in the same kind of epic, interconnected way that the Marvel Universe has been done. All of that material is entirely public domain, there are no rights issues or anything like that to overcome...so just go for it.
Start off with the Titanomachy and Zeus vs. Cronos. End it with Zeus's eventual death and successor. In the middle, explore some tales with Poseidon, Hades, and of course an entire film about Hercules and his labors.
Why not a 12 part series, one hour length episode for each labor?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Vakanai wrote: Why not a 12 part series, one hour length episode for each labor?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Hercules on film was perfected by Mario Bava in 1961. All subsequent attempts at Hercules movies are simply sad redundancies.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

eabaker wrote:Hercules on film was perfected by Mario Bava in 1961. All subsequent attempts at Hercules movies are simply sad redundancies.
Huh. Never heard about that version of Hercules. Would like to watch it, since like you said, most modern attempts have been flops. Kinda ironic the best one i've seen, Disney's version, is the most innacurate. :lol:
Last edited by Gigantis on Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Halo anime. Something similar in artstyle to Prototype from Halo Legends, or, ideally, the original Ghost in the Shell SAC.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Vakanai wrote: Why not a 12 part series, one hour length episode for each labor?
Ha!
eabaker wrote:Hercules on film was perfected by Mario Bava in 1961. All subsequent attempts at Hercules movies are simply sad redundancies.
Never saw that version - however I really enjoyed the Lou Ferrigno stuff, and the Kevin Sorbo show was one of my favorite shows as a child. So I would disagree that everything since 1961 has been bad. But certainly I can agree I haven't seen any good Hercules project in the past 20 years. But I hope they continue to try, because the character has survived millennia and deserves to come back in a relevant way every generation.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Chrispy_G wrote:Del Toro's Gamera
Yay! I'm not the only one! :huge:
Specifically because Del Toro always films 1:85, like the Heisei Godzilla and Gamera films. I think that aspect ratio works better for framing giant monsters since they are "taller"

As far as other shows/movies I'd like.

Gantz - A 50-100 episode anime adaptation of the manga. Keep it true to the manga, don't add any padding or filler which KILLED the pacing of the first anime series. Don't water down or hold back on any of the violence or sexual content, the manga is relentless and the anime should be as well.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Vakanai wrote:So I would disagree that everything since 1961 has been bad.
I never said bad, just pointless in the wake of Hercules in the Haunted World.

I was also being more than a little playful, and thought that would come across. It's a fun, bizarre movie, but hardly one of Bava's masterpieces.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

- Mortal Kombat: A live action TV series for Netflix, Hulu or HBO. This is the only way I can really see the game's multiple story lines given enough time to play out while also factoring in the tournament we all know and love.

- Resident Evil: Another series I want to see happen. I guess this was in the works but is now put on hold.

WWE Zombie Movie: The only movie I want to see the WWE make. I want them to make a movie that takes place during the early hours/days of a zombie apocalypse. Shit hits the fan during a routine rehearsal of a RAW, causing a handful of wrestlers to have to fight the undead that are converging. And it must, and I repeat MUST, have a scene where Kane slams a zombie's head into the turn buckle and his pyro is activated, blowing its face off. I'd imagine the whole thing would be done in a tongue-in-cheek manor and while acknowledging that wrestling is fake, the wrestlers themselves would stay in their respected gimmicks.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

eabaker wrote:
Vakanai wrote:So I would disagree that everything since 1961 has been bad.
I never said bad, just pointless in the wake of Hercules in the Haunted World.

I was also being more than a little playful, and thought that would come across. It's a fun, bizarre movie, but hardly one of Bava's masterpieces.
Ah, gotcha.

On topic, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes as a 10 episode prestige Netflix series.

On a slightly more serious and realistic note, a new Captain Planet cartoon. In today's age of climate denial by the American president and conservative party and media, the repeal of Obama era environmental laws, and the fact that climate change is already showing real world effects in storms, droughts, and fires, Captain Planet's message has never been more relevant and more needed than it is now.

And also Attack of the Killer Tomatoes...

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Vakanai wrote:On topic, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes as a 10 episode prestige Netflix series.
Hmm. Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

eabaker wrote:
Vakanai wrote:On topic, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes as a 10 episode prestige Netflix series.
Of course we may have to borrow some of the better elements of the film sequels and cartoon series to stretch it out to a full 10 episodes along with the addition of some original ideas, especially if it warrants a second or even third season, but I have faith the right creative team can pull it off. And of course with such a beloved property like Attack of the Killer Tomatoes Netflix will have its pick of the best writers and directors in the business.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Vakanai wrote:
eabaker wrote:
Of course we may have to borrow some of the better elements of the film sequels and cartoon series to stretch it out to a full 10 episodes along with the addition of some original ideas, especially if it warrants a second or even third season, but I have faith the right creative team can pull it off. And of course with such a beloved property like Attack of the Killer Tomatoes Netflix will have its pick of the best writers and directors in the business.
Killer Tomatoes Eat France is a goldmine of concepts that merit further examination.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Of all the horror movie franchises to get a TV show (Scream, The Purge, The Mist, Hannibal, etc.), A Nightmare on Elm Street has some sick untapped potential that I can't understand for the life of me why it hasn't gotten one yet. There's so much material it lends itself to that you could easily get multiple seasons out of that as opposed to Friday the 13th, which would be quite limited in scale and can't happen, anyway because of Sean Cunningham holding up the rights in court.

If Scream can get a half-decent TV series made out of it with 3 seasons to boot, no reason why A Nightmare on Elm Street can't get one. In fact, it's almost a cardinal sin that it hasn't.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"