Movies or TV shows you want to see happen?

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Movies or TV shows you want to see happen?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Title pretty much explains. I already did a thread a while back involving what video games people wants to see I figure I'd do the same for movies and TV shows. Ones I want to see are.

A killer saber-toothed cat film: Although SyFy had done two of those I'm talking about one with an actual budget. Most notably I'd love for Fatalis by Jeff Rovin to be adapted into a movie. It especially ticks me off that the rumors Universal was gonna do it was false. Nowadays most creature flicks is just sharks and such. We need more killer animal flicks like one of my favorite Ice Age animals.

Killer hippo flick: Same as above. Considering their reputation I'm honestly surprised this has yet to been done.

Australian giant monster movie: If there's one country I feel needs a giant monster movie its definitely Australia. I recalled it was a considered setting for Gorgo (1961) but was dropped because the producers said "No one in Australia would care if a giant monster attacked" but I feel this idea still has lot of potential especially what the kaiju could be.

Harry Turtledove's A Different Flesh: Movie or TV series I'd just love for this book to be adapted on screen as I've always loved the idea of European colonists interacting with Ice Age megafauna plus a bonus of co-existing alongside another hominid species which goes by the name of Sims (Home erectus).

American Gamera remake: Gamera I feel is long overdue for a new movie especially now would be the best time since were in the decade of the revival of giant monster movies (Godzilla, Kong: Skull Island, Rampage, The Meg and such). Combined with todays CGI and practical effects along with visuals as well as using the mythos in the Heisei Trilogy this would be a sight to see. The perfect director for this would be Gullermo del Toro.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Re: Movies or TV shows you want to see happen?

Post by MikeSTZillak »

-Friday The 13th Anime
-Star Trek Klingon-centered series set after the Khitomere Conference
-Inside Out/Nightmare On Elm Street Crossover
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

MikeSTZillak wrote:-Friday The 13th Anime
-Star Trek Klingon-centered series set after the Khitomere Conference
-Inside Out/Nightmare On Elm Street Crossover
And leading up to the Khitomer Massacre! Bookended between two Khitomers!!!

SOMEBODY GREENLIGHT THIS!!!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Gorillaz tv show, even if it was a whole season of Murdoc screeching I would be happy.
TitanoTerror absolutely agrees with me, because he's a good boy.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Few others I want to see are

-Cryptid Cinematic Universe
-Gorgo remake directed by Steven Spielburg
-Loch Ness Monster movie set in the MonsterVerse directed by Gareth Edwards
-Monarch NetFlix series
-Mythology Cinematic Universe (Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Japanese, etc.)
-Tortures of the Damned by Hunter Shea as a TV Show
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

A faithful adaptation of Dinosaurs Attacks, with violence, gore and black humour just like the trading cards. The same with Mars Attacks.
A slasher movie were the killer is a viking.
A slasher movie were the killer is a Roman gladiator.
A Cryptozoology anthology, that's something I've been talking about for a good while now.
A film based on the Gorbals Vampire (here's what I'm taking about: https://dangerousminds.net/comments/the ... gow_in_the)
A film, or TV show adaptation of Guy N. Smith's Crab books, with all the sex,violence and gore.
A film adaptation of William W. Johnstone 's Toy Cemetery. That book is completely crazy and would be nearly impossible adapted due to said craziest.
Last edited by kingkevzilla88 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

A movie series based on Marc Cerasini's Godzilla novels.

A The Relic remake made to follow the book. Most the authors' other novels are intertwined so it could easily kickstart a whole shared universe if successful enough.

A cable miniseries re-adaptation of Jurassic Park.

A movie based on the novel Carnivore.

A Primal Rage movie. It doesn't necessarily even have to take a super apocalyptic route if they don't want. Just have the "good" and "evil" gods awaken and fight each other kaiju style.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

kingkevzilla88 wrote:A faithful adaptation of Dinosaurs Attacks, with violence, gore and black humour just like the trading cards. The same with Mars Attacks.
OMG yes! I forgot I even have the comic. How did I even forget that?

Just as long as no dogs get killed I'm game. :-x

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

A new, mainline Star Trek tv series following the crew of a new Enterprise, set after the current furthest known points of the Prime timeline. Essentially, the next, next generation.

A new, theatrical, animated Batman movie.

Either a biopic of Napoleon Bonaparte, or a new movie that depicts the Battle of Waterloo.

I'll probably think of more later...
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

KaijuCanuck wrote:A new, theatrical, animated Batman movie.
With the success of Into the Spider-Verse I wouldn't say that's too out of question for Warner Bros. to attempt at.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I would love to see another version of Watership Down done using Henson Company puppets and animatronics.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

eabaker wrote:I would love to see another version of Watership Down done using Henson Company puppets and animatronics.
That would actually be perfect.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

oh, boy. I've got a lot of little ideas for TV shows and movies I want to see happen, both orginal and based off fan properties

Movies:

- A found footage slasher flick, with a twist that the person filming everything is working with the slasher and they've been obsessively filming everything to make a snuff film they'll sell as a slasher flick.
- Animated Godzilla film. Less anime trilogy, more Into The Spider-Verse.
- Gamera reboot
- R rated Dinosaur Attacks film in the vain of Gremlins and Robocop (in other words, so demented it's funny)
- a GOOD Universal Monsterverse

TV shows:

- Walking With Prehistoric Life reboot (Dinosaurs, Beasts, Monsters and Caveman)
- Patlabor reboot. I've been reading up on it since City Shrouded in Shadow and I have to say, there's a lot of potential in it.
- A TV show that works in the same vein as something like Doki Doki Literature Club or School-Live!. A show that has a relativly minor ad campaign, looks to be a regular version of some genre like cop procedural or a sitcom, premiere happens and BAM! It's actually a horror series in disguise.

and that's all I've got for now.

RIP Evan.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I did a write-up a few years ago on why I think somebody should do a found footage version of Dracula: https://www.theblood-shed.com/somebody- ... f-dracula/
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

eabaker wrote:I did a write-up a few years ago on why I think somebody should do a found footage version of Dracula: https://www.theblood-shed.com/somebody- ... f-dracula/
I would love to see this film. Very well written piece.

Also, one last film idea I've been having for a long time.

A new Alien film directed by (and basically given carte blanche) Hideki Anno.

RIP Evan.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
eabaker wrote:I did a write-up a few years ago on why I think somebody should do a found footage version of Dracula: https://www.theblood-shed.com/somebody- ... f-dracula/
I would love to see this film. Very well written piece.
Thanks!
Also, one last film idea I've been having for a long time.

A new Alien film directed by (and basically given carte blanche) Hideki Anno.
Oh, I would so be there!

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Jaws 5 with Richard Dreyfuss and Bryce Dallas Howard as Hooper's daughter. Set on modern Amity Island.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Pinky and the Brain: The Movie.

Tagline: "You will believe two mice can take over the world."

Spielberg directing.

Instant hit!

Hey, SoggyNoodles2016, did you know that, in addition to Mars Attacks!, Tim Burton was thinking of making Dinosaurs Attack!, but never made it because Jurassic Park had already been released and he didn't think that it would do well? I think that he still has the rights to DA!, but I'm not sure. But if MA! was so insane, sick and twisted (just like the trading cards), think what Burton could've done with DA! given the chance! Ah well, a guy can dream...
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: - Walking With Prehistoric Life reboot (Dinosaurs, Beasts, Monsters and Caveman)
I just want the damn originals on Bluray.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

A remake of Jurassic park, witch is 100% remake of the original but with all the dinosaurs replaced with Charles Bronson.