Movies or TV shows you want to see happen?

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
UltramanGoji

Re: Movies or TV shows you want to see happen?

Post by UltramanGoji »

Considering it's based off the original concept art from the first show, I'd say that's pretty distinct without getting obnoxiously over the top.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Vakanai wrote:You know they're making a movie right?
I mean in terms of design like Shin Godzilla and how there's already art of Shin King Ghidorah.
Shin doesn't mean it has to look all weird and grotesque. It isn't a design philosophy as the Shin Ultraman design proves.

Also Shin King Ghidorah also exists now - it was shown in the Godzilla vs Neon Genesis Evangelion ride. It also wasn't weird looking. Very graceful actually.

Added in 3 minutes 23 seconds:
Living Corpse wrote:
Vakanai wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Oh god I don't even want to picture the idea of Shin Ultraman.
You know they're making a movie right?

Added in 4 minutes 5 seconds:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: I see. I thought the above was an joke of Shin Godzilla vs. Shin Ultraman vs. Shin Gamera.

Still the thought of an equivalent to Shin Godzilla is horrifying to think of...I can only imagine Shin King Kong as well.
Nope, no joke. We're 2/3rds the way there, just need a new Gamera.
But we still need Shin King Kong!

God no to that split jaw design. But I would like to see what a Shin Kong would wind up looking like - as Shin King Ghidorah and Shin Ultraman shows it won't just be scarred and deformed ala Shin Godzilla.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I know that this will probably never happen, but I really want to see Marvel do PG-13 to R rated, DTV, animated movies like DC been doing for well over a decade now.

I have four stories from comics that would great to see get this treatment.

Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt
Captain America: The Captain
Iron Man: Demon In A Bottle
Fantastic Four: The Coming Of Galactus

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Vakanai wrote:Shin doesn't mean it has to look all weird and grotesque. It isn't a design philosophy as the Shin Ultraman design proves.

Also Shin King Ghidorah also exists now - it was shown in the Godzilla vs Neon Genesis Evangelion ride. It also wasn't weird looking. Very graceful actually.
Ah gotcha then. I thought Shin was an Toho word they made up. Guess its another Japanese name like Showa, Heisei, Reiwa and such.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Vakanai wrote:Shin doesn't mean it has to look all weird and grotesque. It isn't a design philosophy as the Shin Ultraman design proves.

Ah gotcha then. I thought Shin was an Toho word they made up. Guess its another Japanese name like Showa, Heisei, Reiwa and such.
Shin actually means a few things like New, True, I think maybe God as well. I assume these Shin films mean one of those first two.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Ah gotcha then. I thought Shin was an Toho word they made up. Guess its another Japanese name like Showa, Heisei, Reiwa and such.
https://jisho.org/search/しん

The “Shin” in Shin Godzilla is purposefully ambiguous. It’s written in katakana so its meaning is not clear. That’s how it’s written for Shin Ultraman too.
Last edited by Terasawa on Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

That Matango remake by Steven Solderbergh that didn't get off the ground. After watching some of his films this sounds pretty interesting!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I'd like an spin-off to Primeval involving certain points in history when prehistoric animals appeared leading to legends of said mythical creatures, beings and cryptids.

Some notable ones would be.

-An carnotaurus in ancient Greece leading to the legend of the Minotaur. Another one appeared in 1912 in Kurupira tepui leading to the story of the Stoa.

-Andrewsarchus appearing in 18th century France was the Beast of Gevaudan.

-Carcharodontosaurus in 1932 as Kasai Rex.

-Mosasaurids, pliosaurids and plesiosaurids during certain times in history as being the story of sea serpents and sea monsters as well as lake monsters notably an elasmosaurus appearing in Loch Ness.

-Either Australopithecus' or Paranthropus' appearing in various parts of the world during certain time periods leading to the stories of hominid cryptids notably Sasquatch, Yeti and Yowie.

-Australovenator appearing in Australia throughout the 1950s to 1985 as the Burrunjor.

-An megalania appearing in 18th century Australia having eventually died at some point leading to the account where the bones of one was found by an farmer with carbon dating revealing them to only be 300 years old.

-An daeodon appearing in Ancient Greece was the source legend of both the Calydonian and Erymanthian Boars.

-The source legend of Cipactli caming from an spinosaurus appearing in Mesoamerica.

-An Austroraptor appearing in 1980 in the Atacama Desert leading to the source of the cryptid that is the Arica Monster.

-Camouflage Beasts inspired the stories and legends of gremlins and goblins notably the Kelly–Hopkinsville encounter in 1955.

-Eye witness accounts of reptilian humanoids notably the Lizard Man of Scape Ore Swamp came from encounters with Tree Creepers.

-Future Predators as chupacabras of Latin Americas
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:21 am, edited 5 times in total.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I had an idea for a modern remake cinematic universe approach to bad 50's sci-fi giant monster movies - namely The Monolith Monsters and The Giant Gila Monster. I wouldn't futz with the plots too much beyond making them better, but I did have the idea that the reason the Gila Monster grew to the size he was would be because of ingesting the salt and minerals left over from the destruction of the Monolith Monsters. I'd actually like to see a Bad 50's Movies Remade trilogy, but I only have an idea for those two movies.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

A revival/reboot of Lost Tapes notably perhaps purchased by NetFlix.

Under two conditions.

-A bigger budget.
-Longer running time like 40-45 minutes.

So many more monsters they could had done.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

A shared universe of Greek Mythology/Greek History films with a semblance of 'continuity' and consistent casting for recurring characters. It could be hyper stylized like the 300 films or Immortals.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

A Starship Troopers show on HBO with a Game of Thrones budget
Yooo 8-)

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Something I want to see in a movie? The return of the Artic Giant to the Superman franchise. This giant dinosaur from the cartoon serial basically looked like a Godzilla ripoff before there was a Godzilla to ripoff! A live action version is the closest we'll ever get to a Superman vs Godzilla movie, and legally there's no reason that they couldn't.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

A Zootopia TV series.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I just want a remake of The Giant Claw.
For Emperor and Empire!

Joseph Goodman
Monarch Researcher

Post by Joseph Goodman »

Now, I ain't read any of 'em since the 90's, so don't quote me on whether they're any good or not, but it's a bit of a head-scratcher that none of Robert R. McCammon's novels or short stories have been adapted for the screen (barring one episode of the 1985 Twilight Zone). Stinger in particular seems like it'd be right up GDT or Robert Rodriguez's alley.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

RIP Evan.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

A Star Wars Trilogy with George Lucas, Jon Favreau, and Dave Filoni calling all of the shots.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

A superhero vs kaiju movie where the superhero neither grows large like Ultraman or pilots a mecha like Power Rangers. Something like a Superman or Wonder Woman or Batman or Spider-Man type hero having to stop a giant monster like a Godzilla, Kong, Gamera, Gorgo, Gappa, etc type monster.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Vakanai wrote:A superhero vs kaiju movie where the superhero neither grows large like Ultraman or pilots a mecha like Power Rangers. Something like a Superman or Wonder Woman or Batman or Spider-Man type hero having to stop a giant monster like a Godzilla, Kong, Gamera, Gorgo, Gappa, etc type monster.
Well just make a DC film that has Gigantic the giant ape be an antagonist. Boom!