Offical Dragon Ball Thread

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Offical Dragon Ball Thread

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Possible major announcement coming from Toei this weekend (for Goku Day). Little is known beyond that but sounds like a new movie. The new Dragonball official website goes live that day so whatever this is will probably be officially announced there. This coming from a Toei Animation article that has since been pulled
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Fri May 07, 2021 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:23 am Possible major announcement coming from Toei this weekend (for Goku Day). Little is known beyond that but sounds like a new movie. The new Dragonball official website goes live that day so whatever this is will probably be officially announced there. This coming from a Toei Animation article that has since been pulled
I'm expecting another movie villain to enter the canon realm since Broly did so well. Probably Cooler or Janemba.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I recall back a few months after the Broly movie came out, they confirmed they were working on the next movie. But that would be very different. Since Broly was the strongest Goku had fought (their words). They were figuring out a new type of story or something.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Toriyama has made an official statement regarding the next film but the official press release isn't till tomorrow.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:11 pm Toriyama has made an official statement regarding the next film but the official press release isn't till tomorrow.
Hype intensifying.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

The new Dragonball website is officially live. Co developed by Bandai, Toei, and Shueisha all future news will drop first on the new site. It's also available in several languages including English and French.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gigantis wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:00 am
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:23 am Possible major announcement coming from Toei this weekend (for Goku Day). Little is known beyond that but sounds like a new movie. The new Dragonball official website goes live that day so whatever this is will probably be officially announced there. This coming from a Toei Animation article that has since been pulled
I'm expecting another movie villain to enter the canon realm since Broly did so well. Probably Cooler or Janemba.
Janemba seems like a logical choice. He had some unique powers and (relative) to a lot of other stuff going on right now he's pretty unique. Wouldn't mind a new villain either. Does make me wonder what they'll wind up doing with the super anime though. I have a feeling in the long run they'll let the manga play out and then adapt the manga, the movies and make new filler arcs.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I didn't like the last arc of DBS.....
And I'm up for Janemba anytime.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I think Janemba would make a great multiversal threat with his reality warping powers. Get the other 11 universe in on the action.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

If an old villian is coming back I'd say Cooler. Toriyama says an unexpected character will be in the next movie however so speculate away.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I've never seen cooler as anything than a second-rate Frieza. What about King Cold? Baby or Omega Shenron could also be the case.

I could see them bringing back Omega Shenron given all the wishes throughout the series, and the fact the original idea with the dark dragon wasn't such a bad idea.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Would it be interesting if the GT timeline crossed paths with the main one?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:34 am Would it be interesting if the GT timeline crossed paths with the main one?
No, but some of the ideas in GT were cool and would be fun to re-use/remake with more thought put into them. That's why the Broly movie worked other than the stellar animation. They took a poorly executed concept from a "filler movie" and re-worked it.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:29 am I've never seen cooler as anything than a second-rate Frieza. What about King Cold? Baby or Omega Shenron could also be the case.

I could see them bringing back Omega Shenron given all the wishes throughout the series, and the fact the original idea with the dark dragon wasn't such a bad idea.
Cooler is a better villian than Frieza in some regards, such as wanting to train and actually having some sense of honor. While Frieza is a great villian to saiyans in general, Cooler is almost like Dark Goku.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Plus Cooler looks badass.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Yeah I'm hoping for Cooler although Turles would be cool too

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Ya know the placement of this movie in the timeline is now intriguing me. It can't after the Broly movie because that is where the Moro arc takes place. It can't be after the Moro arc because the current arc (Granola the Survivor) is currently going on. So when exactly is this going to take place?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Granola arc?

What is that?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:33 pm Ya know the placement of this movie in the timeline is now intriguing me. It can't after the Broly movie because that is where the Moro arc takes place. It can't be after the Moro arc because the current arc (Granola the Survivor) is currently going on. So when exactly is this going to take place?
Toriyama can set it after the Garanola arc just fine.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

goji89 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:44 pm Granola arc?

What is that?
Current story going on in the manga: https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Gran ... vivor_Saga
miguelnuva wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:58 pm
Maverick Centigrade wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:33 pm Ya know the placement of this movie in the timeline is now intriguing me. It can't after the Broly movie because that is where the Moro arc takes place. It can't be after the Moro arc because the current arc (Granola the Survivor) is currently going on. So when exactly is this going to take place?
Toriyama can set it after the Garanola arc just fine.
That would be...odd.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Sun May 09, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.