Offical Dragon Ball Thread

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
mecha-gino
Futurian

Re: Offical Dragon Ball Thread

Post by mecha-gino »

So you're trying to replace me! D:
DB is the best in the series. DBZ takes to long for things to actually happening and not to mention many inconsistensies. And then there GT that's blows and sucks but had some nice ideas.
R.I.P My Old Sig. 2011 to 2016

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

We I'm watching Kai right now and I'm absolutely loving it. While I have no problem with season one, it's nice that I can finish season one or vol one in this case in 5 hours.

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

I'll tell you what we should do! Pretend GT never existed in the first place! :D

YawnMasta
Interpol Agent

Post by YawnMasta »

DB Kai is basically DBZ without TOO many fillers. They still need to use fillers to fill up an episode though, so its pretty much more faster paced then DBZ was. That and they restored animation errors and brought some special effects back to date.

To narrow it down, only things changed are...

Fillers are 90-99% ridden of.
New OST.
Higher in quality.

Should end by the 150-175th episodes. Just at this rate. My guess.
Shadow Arena Scores

1-7 Shit
Ko'd once. On the second turn no less

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

I've noticed what you mean by animation errors... Which the only ones I know of was Vegeta's and Nappa's costumes being different colors.

YawnMasta
Interpol Agent

Post by YawnMasta »

mecha-gino wrote:I've noticed what you mean by animation errors... Which the only ones I know of was Vegeta's and Nappa's costumes being different colors.
As in small errors to the appearances, screw ups. I remember seeing one with Goku's hair during Frieza saga, where one lock stretched to be as big as his forehead. They also fixed Vegeta's hair, he's suppose to have a brown tint to his hair which wasn't added in DBZ.
SuperSayian4Godzilla wrote:There are 99 episodes announced for the series.
Looks like they're cram a content for 33 more episodes. Considering the recent subbed is at 66th.
Last edited by YawnMasta on Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Arena Scores

1-7 Shit

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

@ hellspawn: No... They're going to stop at the shadow dragon saga. Lol

you know come to think about in Kai, one animation error does appear. Raditz's hair appear to be blue at one point and then maybe brown or that weird black that's kind of blueish

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

All I know what people don't know is Toriyama's original ending was FAAAR more badass then the one we got.

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

While that's nice, I demand a sequal too Son Goku and his friends return!!!

YawnMasta
Interpol Agent

Post by YawnMasta »

They are remaking Eradicate the Saiyans? That's nice, I guess.
Shadow Arena Scores

1-7 Shit

vaporchu
Monarch Researcher

Post by vaporchu »

Hellspawn28 wrote:Yeah, and I believe they are fixing some parts of the plot as well. So far Funi has not bought the rights to the OVA remake yet.
They better, cause it would stink to have it be in Raging Blast 2 and it not be in English....

I have mixed feelings about the remake. The art looks much better, but the character designs themselves don't really have that Toriyama feel. It's just...they're a little too round(not angular enough), and some(like Freeza) look slightly off model. Out of all of them, Vegeta looks like he matches Toriyama's art the most. I wish they simply drew over the older animation when possible, just with the newer art style. That would look a lot better IMO.

YawnMasta
Interpol Agent

Post by YawnMasta »

I got one of those cards when it came with my Frieza Saga, SSJ Goku model kit =/
Shadow Arena Scores

1-7 Shit

Tormentor
Interpol Agent

Dragonball Z still lives? O.o Toriyama Returns.

Post by Tormentor »

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/20 ... agon-ball/

* Posted on October 25, 2010 - 09:00 AM by Brigid Alverson

Rich Johnston reports this morning that manga creator Akira Toriyama is going to write some new chapters of Dragon Ball (also known as Dragon Ball Z in the United States). Dragon Ball originally ran from 1984 to 1995 in Japan, and Viz Media published it in the U.S.

Johnston states the obvious: “Something that will make this event even more spectacular is a simultaneous fully translated worldwide launch of the new book.”

The Viz folks were tweeting last week about a big announcement to come this week, and they have already done a simultaneous release with Rumiko Takahashi’s Rin-ne, so this indeed may be their big news. Stay tuned!

Its kinda nice seeing this series coming back alive with new chapters(Hopefully not related to GT, but after Buu).

Of course the only question is, will this new start-up be able to draw back old fans?

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Re: Dragonball Z still lives? O.o Toriyama Returns.

Post by Hotrod93 »

Holy shit, this is the best news ive seen today.
Tyler wrote:$200 if I hump a car.

Lionblaze
JXSDF Technician

Re: Dragonball Z still lives? O.o Toriyama Returns.

Post by Lionblaze »

Wow! Really?! Thats awesome news!
Thank you for finding this Tormentor :D
Shadow Area Record
Wins: 17. Losses: 14.

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

How in god's name is that even possible? O.O
This series is coming back to life, new chapters, probably new villains and new characters. Maybe even more character development?

>.>....I'll be keeping an eye out for this. This new start-up will most likely continue after the Buu Saga, since GT is not cannon.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

please make a true super saiyan 4.

Also want to see

Mystic gohan
SS 3 vegeta and Gogeta/Vegito.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

Oi. Really, I am so not looking forward to another installment.

I liked how DBZ ended. It should've ended there. GT was fun, but just not... good. Even if it's Toriyama, I just want to see DBZ left to rest.
Proud father, husband, and son.

vaporchu
Monarch Researcher

Post by vaporchu »

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:It was originally part of a video game, then released as video tapes.

To quote DaizenshuuEX:
An OVA (or sometimes OAV) is an "Original Video Animation" (or if swapped around, "Original Animation Video"). OVAs are generally higher-budget productions, and are always released straight to home format. Although they may later find themselves with TV airings, their initial release is straight to a home format, whether that be VHS or DVD (depending on the time period of its release) — this release style is the sole factor that categorizes them. It does not matter if it is based on a manga, a re-make of a previously-existing anime, a sequel, or an original feature — if this particular item was released to a home format first, it is an "OVA".
Since it was originally released as a video game, not DVD or VHS, it is not considered an OVA.

What do you call it? FMV, full motion video? I dont know...A movie? Sure! I dont care. But, it is not an OVA and should not be called an OVA.
HOLD IT!

Yes, the story itself was from a video game. A Famicom game, to be exact. That means that the animation DID NOT come from the game. To quote the Dragon Ball Wiki(this is the most reliable I could find, since DaizenshuuEx doesn't seem to keep the article up anymore):
Plan to Eradicate Super Saiyans was released following the Famicom video game of the same name in the form of two VHS cassettes, dubbed "Official Visual Guides" to the video game predecessor.
This means that the animation itself was ORIGINALLY released on "a home format." Which, according to the definition, categorizes it as an OVA.

I could argue this further, but it is simply obvious the animation IS an OVA, because it WASN'T released as a game first. The Playdia game that uses the animation was released AFTER the animation was. To summarize:

*Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans is released on the Famicom in Japan.
*Shortly after, the OVGs are released, with brand new, original animation(the important part here).
*Later, Bandai reuses the animation and releases it as a game on the Playdia.

Hmm, new chapters? Could be fun. Looking forward to this, Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans, and hopefully an English release of Yo! Son Goku and his friends Return!

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz2iib7N ... re=related
He's finally done it right, God Bless you Chris Sabet.