Offical Dragon Ball Thread

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
goji89
Sazer

Re: Offical Dragon Ball Thread

Post by goji89 »

Godzillian wrote:I'd be fine with broly showing up now and then in arcs but not becoming a main stay
You need to be anime literate here. Don't just say you dont want him you have to tell us why exactly......God, its annoying people not knowing their shiit.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:A lot of fans aren't into the idea of recaping the Broly movie ir another tv series start, but I actual look forward to such a thing.

I've read that that the Broly movie was going to be much longer, and a lot of content was cut. I'd be interested in seeing if any of the cut content would be included on a TV recap.

Plus I'd so like to see Broly take on blue kaioken and blue evolution, plus more time for Gogeta!

As for Broly becoming part of the cast, I'm indifferent. I'm more interested in whether or not a new TV series will follow the manga and bring in the new villain Moro.
There is actually a lot of stuff that was cut from the script according to Toriyama so it would be cool to see what extra stuff we would get.

Added in 45 seconds:
goji89 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:I'd be fine with broly showing up now and then in arcs but not becoming a main stay
You need to be anime literate here. Don't just say you dont want him you have to tell us why exactly......God, its annoying people not knowing their shiit.
I OnLy WaTcH FoR Duh fightz

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:A lot of fans aren't into the idea of recaping the Broly movie ir another tv series start, but I actual look forward to such a thing.

I've read that that the Broly movie was going to be much longer, and a lot of content was cut. I'd be interested in seeing if any of the cut content would be included on a TV recap.

Plus I'd so like to see Broly take on blue kaioken and blue evolution, plus more time for Gogeta!

As for Broly becoming part of the cast, I'm indifferent. I'm more interested in whether or not a new TV series will follow the manga and bring in the new villain Moro.
Rumors have it that Broly and Jiren will join Goku in the new arc. Again rumors. But we got Frieza as part of the main cast somewhat, why NOT Broly. Be like the earlier days of Tien and Yamcha showing up for the fights and then leaving afterwards.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:I've read that that the Broly movie was going to be much longer, and a lot of content was cut. I'd be interested in seeing if any of the cut content would be included on a TV recap.
Oh, how interesting. The movie flows nicely as is, however...
Spoiler:
Right before Planet Vegeta is blasted to smithereens, there's a brief moment where you see a battle-damaged Bardock trying to blast Frieza's attack. Almost positive there's a scene or two missing there that would've explained why Bardock was so beaten up, and how he got to where he was.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

GigaBowserG wrote:
Maverick Centigrade wrote:I've read that that the Broly movie was going to be much longer, and a lot of content was cut. I'd be interested in seeing if any of the cut content would be included on a TV recap.
Oh, how interesting. The movie flows nicely as is, however...
Spoiler:
Right before Planet Vegeta is blasted to smithereens, there's a brief moment where you see a battle-damaged Bardock trying to blast Frieza's attack. Almost positive there's a scene or two missing there that would've explained why Bardock was so beaten up, and how he got to where he was.
Was thinking the same thing I think it was a
Spoiler:
nod to the Bardock special since Toriyama really liked it

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^I know it wasn’t canon but why did Toriyama decide to completely scrap the Bardock special if he liked it so much?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

LegendZilla wrote:^I know it wasn’t canon but why did Toriyama decide to completely scrap the Bardock special if he liked it so much?
Toriyama works in mysterious ways

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

LegendZilla wrote:^I know it wasn’t canon but why did Toriyama decide to completely scrap the Bardock special if he liked it so much?
We fans can never have our cake and eat it too.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Never try to understand the ways of Toriyama it will make your head hurt.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

No problem, if its Toriyamas fault it would end soon as he will just make your head ache non canon.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Anyone else want to see Super Dragon Ball Heroes do something with the Z Broly and Super Broly? Have them meet, duke it out?
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:Anyone else want to see Super Dragon Ball Heroes do something with the Z Broly and Super Broly?.Have them meet, duke it out?
With how well DBS Broly is doing theatrically, I'm half-expecting him to show up in Dragon Ball FighterZ. After all, the devs are pretty familiar with introducing versions of characters already in the roster :P
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Now here is something I am trying to understand with the new Broly.

His Ikari/Wrathful form. The one where Paragus says he's using the power of the great ape, but in his human form.

How can this be possible? His tail was removed. Access to the great ape is forever lost when the tail is removed. So how is it that Broly can access its power?

I think it would be have been much more simpler if his Ikari form was a false super saiyan form or something.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:Now here is something I am trying to understand with the new Broly.

His Ikari/Wrathful form. The one where Paragus says he's using the power of the great ape, but in his human form.

How can this be possible? His tail was removed. Access to the great ape is forever lost when the tail is removed. So how is it that Broly can access its power?

I think it would be have been much more simpler if his Ikari form was a false super saiyan form or something.
Maybe because it could be special for Broly being the Legendary SS? Like instead of losing his power from losing his tail it actually unleashed it?

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

With the Heroes game announced for the US. I am curious to see if we end up with the Promotional Anime too.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

goji89 wrote:
Maverick Centigrade wrote:Now here is something I am trying to understand with the new Broly.

Maybe because it could be special for Broly being the Legendary SS? Like instead of losing his power from losing his tail it actually unleashed it?
This broly isnt the legendary ssj he's just built differently from Goku and Vegeta.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

miguelnuva wrote:
goji89 wrote:

This broly isnt the legendary ssj he's just built differently from Goku and Vegeta.
Well there you go. Hes built differently. Maybe thats why he could harness that power without his tail. Its that whole gifted genius thing in animes. Where one has to train hard to get that power while others just have it naturally within them. Look at Frieza....I know not a good comparison but he was born just that strong and even he traines for 3 weeks? I forget, anyway he got super strong from that little amount. Broly lived in a cruel environment as a kid and survived without fighting but surviving. He naturally got stronger as he fought. Im just Saiyan.... :oops: .

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

On was on the verge that of giving up on Dragonball, until I figured out Broly was becoming canon. Gogeta becoming canon as a bonus makes it all the more merry.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

So over in another thread I mentioned I'm working on my own design for a 5th form Frieza. I've never liked Golden Frieza, so taking matters into my own hands and having fun.

Here is what I've worked with so far.

1. He will retain the normal white and purple colors.

2. Leaning towards being only slightly taller or just stay the same height as his final form.

3. Horns for sure, but most likely the white horns, not the black devil type horns

4. Considering adding more muscle definition, thinking similar tongue way Majin Vegeta looked.

5. He'll have growth of his biosuit armor, however I haven't nailed down exactly how it'll look. Though I 
am drawing inspiration from the Cooliza fusion's shoulder pads.

One I've thing I've definitely finalized, is no eyes. Similar to how Frieza's 3rd form had a big long head similar to the Xenomorphs, I decided to borrow their elements again. Now Frieza won't literally have no eyes, but his biosuit flesh will mold over them creating a type of visor, thus hiding his eyes. I like designs that don't have eyes for villains, it takes away the humanity, makes them more intimidating.

I have also decided a name for it too. And it's long and overly complex, for humor's sake. The form will be called: Training Evolution Brutality Form, Frieza Plus!

I also have a comission in the works right now of a more simplified super saiyan 4. Basically just Goku in his orange gi with the hair style of super saiyan 4, but no tail or pink fur.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Vic Mignogna has officially been fired by Funimation.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983