DC Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

What is your favorite DC film thus far?

Man of Steel
2%
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
15%
Suicide Squad
2%
Wonder Woman
10%
Justice League
No votes
Aquaman
2%
Shazam!
5%
Birds of Prey
2%
Wonder Woman 1984
No votes
Zack Snyder's Justice League
12%
The Suicide Squad
49%

Total votes: 41

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by _JNavs_ »

Joss getting defeated by both the Justice League and the Avengers would be iconic
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

WB is going the black superman route but instead of doing Val Zod or Calvin Ellis which already tell good African American stories WB want to do Black Clark Kent.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollyw ... 47599/amp/
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:03 pm Joss getting defeated by both the Justice League and the Avengers would be iconic
You get what you fucking deserve.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:02 pm WB is going the black superman route but instead of doing Val Zod or Calvin Ellis which already tell good African American stories WB want to do Black Clark Kent.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollyw ... 47599/amp/
And when a multiverse already exists (hence why they'll have two separate Batmen running at the same time).

I'm not gonna lose sleep over a black Superman, but recasting Cavill (especially after the Shazam tease), who's already the perfect Superman? That's where I draw the line (read: flip WB the bird).
Last edited by KManX89 on Sun May 09, 2021 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Honestly! Cavill portrays a fantastic Superman, I want to see him go at it again.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I'm going to hope this is because of Ta-Nehisi Coates' story and not WB being dickheads trying to get publicity/save face over the public real of them fucking over Ray Fisher, Harry Lennix, and like so many other PoC actors in the ever growing shitstorm around Josstice Leauge.

Honestly, just give me a GOOD Clark Kent.

Added in 4 minutes 8 seconds:
CyberZilla wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:14 pm Honestly! Cavill portrays a fantastic Superman, I want to see him go at it again.
Yeah, tbh.

Give him another shot.

I have no idea how we can explore multiple interprations with Keaton and Pattinson, but having the same DCEU characters is impossible.

And I REALLY hate their DCEU movies, it's just they were great actors and we shouldn't limit opportunities for then to be those characters because they weren't immediately loved.

Marvel didn't recast Thor after Dark World bombed after all

RIP Evan.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

They have two great black Supermen in Calvin Ellis and Val Zod, and their brilliant idea is to race bend Clark. WB just can't think.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:43 am I'm going to hope this is because of Ta-Nehisi Coates' story and not WB being dickheads trying to get publicity/save face over the public real of them skreeonking over Ray Fisher, Harry Lennix, and like so many other PoC actors in the ever growing shitstorm around Josstice Leauge.
Hate to break it to you, but it's the other way around - Superman/Clark isn't going to be black because of Coates' story, Coates was hired to write the story because they decided to make Clark black.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Vakanai wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:39 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:43 am I'm going to hope this is because of Ta-Nehisi Coates' story and not WB being dickheads trying to get publicity/save face over the public real of them skreeonking over Ray Fisher, Harry Lennix, and like so many other PoC actors in the ever growing shitstorm around Josstice Leauge.
Hate to break it to you, but it's the other way around - Superman/Clark isn't going to be black because of Coates' story, Coates was hired to write the story because they decided to make Clark black.
Source?

Don't doubt it but I kinda want evidence before I get real pissed at WB for the third time this week for no reason

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Vakanai wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:39 pm They have two great black Supermen in Calvin Ellis and Val Zod, and their brilliant idea is to race bend Clark. WB just can't think.
This is on DC not WB. I doubt WB knows about Val Zodnor Calvin Ellis. DC however knows they have these characters and knows it would be less publicity to use them over a race bent Clark Kent.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:27 pm
Source?

Don't doubt it but I kinda want evidence before I get real pissed at WB for the third time this week for no reason
Just google the original articles saying this black Superman reboot was happening - they all basically said they wanted a movie about black Superman and hired Coates, not that Coates approached them and pitched this.

Added in 5 minutes 33 seconds:
miguelnuva wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:31 pm
Vakanai wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:39 pm They have two great black Supermen in Calvin Ellis and Val Zod, and their brilliant idea is to race bend Clark. WB just can't think.
This is on DC not WB. I doubt WB knows about Val Zodnor Calvin Ellis. DC however knows they have these characters and knows it would be less publicity to use them over a race bent Clark Kent.
Nope, WB knows at the very least that Calvin Ellis exists - Micheal B Jordan said he was interested in playing this character, so WB is aware he exists, and are still choosing to race bend Clark Kent. It's not ignorance of these characters' existence, it's a deliberate choice. Can't blame DC on this one.

Also I've read that Will Smith reportedly was approached to play Superman by WB long before Calvin and Val existed. I'm not as sure on that one, but it's not hard to look up online. So WB seems to have been interested in race bending Clark for a while now.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

As for Joker 2, I think it'd be kinda neat to do a sort of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest with Joker captured and locked up in Arkham for the first time and his attempt(s) at escaping and perhaps mingling with some other future Batman foils doing their first stints at Arkham. Similar to Robert De Niro in the first film, I think it'd be kind of neat to throw a role at Arkham to Jack Nicholson, perhaps as Arthur's doctor at Arkham whom he would eventually kill.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Vakanai wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:06 pm

Source?

Just google the original articles saying this black Superman reboot was happening - they all basically said they wanted a movie about black Superman and hired Coates, not that Coates approached them and pitched this.

Nope, WB knows at the very least that Calvin Ellis exists - Micheal B Jordan said he was interested in playing this character, so WB is aware he exists, and are still choosing to race bend Clark Kent. It's not ignorance of these characters' existence, it's a deliberate choice. Can't blame DC on this one.

Also I've read that Will Smith reportedly was approached to play Superman by WB long before Calvin and Val existed. I'm not as sure on that one, but it's not hard to look up online. So WB seems to have been interested in race bending Clark for a while now.
Will Smith was a massive star when WB wanted him and there was no Val Zod or Calvin Ellis.

Race bending on movies if the actor is talented is one thing but race bending Clark Kent when you already have a good actor in Henry Cavil and you have already made Black Kryptonians is stupid.

A black superman could have a lot of good stroy behind it but Clark Kent doesn't necessarily need to have Black.

You could even combine Val Zod and Calvin Ellis and tell a really good stroy.

All Black Clark Kent does is create arguments of racism, cancel culture and synderverse.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Yeah the race-bending of Clark just feels like a lazy representation play. Who knows, maybe the story they wish to tell is worthwhile with a black Clark Kent. I don’t know. I’m more excited about movies like Static Shock because they’re gonna show representation in a good way, making those characters legit and showing they can support their own movies and stories— instead of race-bending a character just cause.

I wanna be wrong and I want them to have a legitimate reason to write the story like that, but I guess we wait and see about that. That’s how I’m seeing it, anyways.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:34 pm

Source?

Will Smith was a massive star when WB wanted him and there was no Val Zod or Calvin Ellis.

Race bending on movies if the actor is talented is one thing but race bending Clark Kent when you already have a good actor in Henry Cavil and you have already made Black Kryptonians is stupid.

A black superman could have a lot of good stroy behind it but Clark Kent doesn't necessarily need to have Black.

All Black Clark Kent does is create arguments of racism, cancel culture and synderverse.
Hey, you're preaching to the choir. But I've never argued that WB were run by smart people.

Added in 1 minute 33 seconds:
CyberZilla wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:57 pm Yeah the race-bending of Clark just feels like a lazy representation play. Who knows, maybe the story they wish to tell is worthwhile with a black Clark Kent. I don’t know. I’m more excited about movies like Static Shock because they’re gonna show representation in a good way, making those characters legit and showing they can support their own movies and stories— instead of race-bending a character just cause.

I wanna be wrong and I want them to have a legitimate reason to write the story like that, but I guess we wait and see about that. That’s how I’m seeing it, anyways.
I'm definitely looking forward to the Static Shock movie, the cartoon back in the day was great!

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:41 pm As for Joker 2, I think it'd be kinda neat to do a sort of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest with Joker captured and locked up in Arkham for the first time and his attempt(s) at escaping and perhaps mingling with some other future Batman foils doing their first stints at Arkham. Similar to Robert De Niro in the first film, I think it'd be kind of neat to throw a role at Arkham to Jack Nicholson, perhaps as Arthur's doctor at Arkham whom he would eventually kill.
The Telltale Batman game has Bruce meet Joker in Arkham Asylum before he's actually the Joker. It was really cool.

Something based on that and Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth would be AWESOME.

Whatever route they go, i want to see Joker interact with Bruce. Maybe Arthur developing a psychotic obsession with him.
Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Mon May 10, 2021 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:34 pm

Source?

Yup, just like when SJWs got all bent out of shape at Stan Lee (R.I.P.)'s comments about seeing no need to racewash MCU's Peter Parker. A Black Spider-Man already exists (Miles Morales), so no need for it even for representation's sake.

And not only that, but they already teased Cavill's appearance in Shazam from an offscreen cameo that we never got to see, which makes their decision to effectively can him even more confusing. Then again, this is WB we're talking about, they're not exactly beacons of smart decision-making.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Sooo speaking of the DCEU (which i'm 99% sure is dead now) is that Flashpoint movie still happening or not?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Gigantis wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:25 pm Sooo speaking of the DCEU (which i'm 99% sure is dead now) is that Flashpoint movie still happening or not?
Yes, they just casted Supergirl for it.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

They want the publicity and they know a black Clark Kent will give them that. Good or bad I don't think they care. Is Lois gonna be black too? Might as well go all in if they go this route.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Wed May 19, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:58 pm They want the publicity and they know a black Clark Kent will give them that. Good or bad I don't think they care. Is Lois gonna be black too? Might as well go all in if they go this route.
Lois will be White so they can also brag about an interracial relationship.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Gigantis wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:25 pm Sooo speaking of the DCEU (which i'm 99% sure is dead now) is that Flashpoint movie still happening or not?
It's not dead. They've practically confirmed that every announced movie outside of reboot Batman and reboot Superman (and Joker 2 if it happens) is in the DCEU. The Suicide Squad (and it's HBO Max series spinoff Peacemaker), Black Adam, Aquaman 2, Wonder Woman 3, Flash/Flashpoint (which is still happening - I think they've even begun filming), Shazam 2, Blue Beetle, Batgirl, Zatanna, Hourman, all allegedly part of the DCEU. Possibly even Static Shock, maybe (more iffy whether they want a separate Milestone earth or not). There's even rumors of a JSA movie spinning out of Black Adam and Shazam 2 which would be in the DCEU.

Cavill might even return as Superman - if for no other reason than to get his butt kicked by the Rock's Black Adam in Black Adam 2. Dwayne Johnson keeps saying he wants Black Adam to fight/trash Cavill's Superman, so I could see him getting his way. And that'd be in the DCEU.

And Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn might still get that Gotham City Sirens movie in the DCEU.

So outside of The Batman/black Superman/Joker 2 all films and rumored films are DCEU.

Added in 5 minutes 55 seconds:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:58 pm They want the publicity and they know a black Clark Kent will give them that. Good or bad I don't think they care. Is Lois gonna be black too? Might as well go all in if they go this route.
Exactly. Controversy or not, black Clark Kent is news. Calvin and Val never had a chance.