DC Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

What is your favorite DC film thus far?

Man of Steel
2%
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
15%
Suicide Squad
2%
Wonder Woman
10%
Justice League
No votes
Aquaman
2%
Shazam!
5%
Birds of Prey
2%
Wonder Woman 1984
No votes
Zack Snyder's Justice League
12%
The Suicide Squad
49%

Total votes: 41

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by Chrispy_G »

If Miller doesn't get help soon, I fear that his own personal story won't have a very happy ending.

The Flash was certainly due for reshoots/rejiggering in the editing room. You don't take a film that is already 6+ months away and delay it another 7+ months for minor changes and VFX work. Not when films further down the release slate were moved UP. The Flash was definitely getting a re-evaluation.

Considering it is dealing with multiverse, time travel, reality altering type stuff, I suppose they COULD use that as an opportunity to re-cast him and chalk it up to the reality/timeline altering stakes of the events of the film. I don't follow the TV DC stuff at all, but I know Miller's Flash already met Gustin's Flash. I don't think Gustin would be the choice...but establishing these things makes them open to re-cast.

I could see the film being added to an altered and just being renamed to "Flashpoint", beefing up the roles of other DC characters and making it a quasi-Justice League movie.

We shall see.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/stat ... 2liEJU2cWA

Sequel to The Batman is underway.

https://twitter.com/OneTakeNews/status/1519023647658319873

Showcase for Shazam! Fury of the Gods will be later today.

https://twitter.com/WGreatPowerBook/status/1519095458760577024

Also opening reel for Warner Bros. upcoming films, those included being the upcoming DCEU films.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

If we can get Matt Reeves Batman Trilogy, then we can get Snyder's Justice League Trilogy

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Chrispy_G wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:53 pm If we can get Matt Reeves Batman Trilogy, then we can get Snyder's Justice League Trilogy
Lol

Lmao, even.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Everyone's talking about Snyder this and Reeves that; I just want my Schumacher Batman trilogy completed.

#ReleaseTheBatsuitNipplesCut
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:22 am Everyone's talking about Snyder this and Reeves that; I just want my Schumacher Batman trilogy completed.

Make a Logan style Batman movie with Clooney. Don't tie it into any cinematic universe what-so-ever. Just do a rough, beautiful, emotional tale about older bat-nipples. Get Joel Schumacher's ghost to direct. Give him full control. Watch the box office explode.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Chrispy_G wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:53 pm If we can get Matt Reeves Batman Trilogy, then we can get Snyder's Justice League Trilogy
Not really. The Batman was both financially successful and critically well received. Snyder's films are sort of one of three - Man of Steel was successful but wildly divisive, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was not well received, and the Snyder Cut of Justice League did well but didn't exactly set the world on fire. The Batman getting a sequel has no bearing on any potential Snyderverse films.

But hey, I am constantly rooting for sequels everyone says shouldn't happen too (Shin Godzilla 2, Joker 2), so not like I can judge.

Added in 2 minutes 59 seconds:
GodzillavsZilla wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:20 am
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:22 am Everyone's talking about Snyder this and Reeves that; I just want my Schumacher Batman trilogy completed.

Make a Logan style Batman movie with Clooney. Don't tie it into any cinematic universe what-so-ever. Just do a rough, beautiful, emotional tale about older bat-nipples. Get Joel Schumacher's ghost to direct. Give him full control. Watch the box office explode.
As bad as it was, I kind of want to see Clooney get another shot at Batman. Redemption or something. He's a great actor.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

In recent years though, all 3 of Snyder's films have received a huge re-evaluation. Man of Steel has aged incredibly well, the Ultimate Edition of BvS was seen as a much stronger film from the moment it was released, and Snyder's Justice League has received almost universal praise and elevates the 3 chapters(so far) as a collective unit. Dawn of Justice is the slower, darker middle chapter of what now sits as a trilogy...it works even better as part of a larger piece than it did as a whole.

I am blown away that people put such a high value on comedy that "The Suicide Squad" is voted here as the favorite DCEU film. Above Wonder Woman, above Man of Steel. It tells me a lot.

It is an over-rated, superficial Box Office Bomb.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Chrispy_G wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:06 am I am blown away that people put such a high value on comedy that "The Suicide Squad" is voted here as the favorite DCEU film. Above Wonder Woman, above Man of Steel. It tells me a lot.

It is an over-rated, superficial Box Office Bomb.
Idk, I think the mix of comedy plus the characters made me love The Suicide Squad; and Peacemaker. It's not just that the movie has jokes, the movie is just entertaining with a good cast of characters and nice pace. Who gives a single shit about it bombing at the box office?
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Don't care what anyone says. The Suicide Squad is top-notch.

Both it and Shazam!.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:49 am, edited 6 times in total.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Batwoman and Legends of Tomorrow were both canned. Honestly, that's great news. The whole Arrowverse thing ran its course and took a nosedive years ago.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

As long as I've got Superman & Lois, Stargirl, and Doom Patrol I'm good. Batwoman was the worst of the Arrowverse shows, and Legends kind of went of the rails long ago.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So, according to an early leak from The Flash that panned out, this is what DC has in mind for the team of the next Justice League movie.
Spoiler:
  • Batman

Wonder Woman

Aquaman

The Flash

Shazam

Green Lantern

Green Arrow

Black Canary

Huntress

Supergirl

Batgirl

Blue Beetle

Martian Manhunter
IDK, this doesn't actually sound too bad? Like, there's definitely a certain noticeable member MIA, but.. Shazam is there. WW and Aquaman are still there. Other core members are there. Can't see too much to complain about.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Gigantis wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:58 am So, according to an early leak from The Flash that panned out, this is what DC has in mind for the team of the next Justice League movie.
Spoiler:
  • Batman

Wonder Woman

Aquaman

The Flash

Shazam

Green Lantern

Green Arrow

Black Canary

Huntress

Supergirl

Batgirl

Blue Beetle

Martian Manhunter
IDK, this doesn't actually sound too bad? Like, there's definitely a certain noticeable member MIA, but.. Shazam is there. WW and Aquaman are still there. Other core members are there. Can't see too much to complain about.
Legit just doing the same thing they did with the first JL and throwing every character they can fit in without actually properly exploring them or introducing them to the world. It'll fail just like it did in 2017 and BvS failed before it. I am honestly shocked that doesn't have Harley Quinn in it.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Too be fair whatever plans there may have been are being reevaluated right now by David Zaslav.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1534205290085724161

World Premiere trailer for Black Adam releases tomorrow.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

RIP Evan.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:48 pm Image
Is this the script from one of the actors? A tease for a sequel? Just something cute someone made? Need the context for what this is/means please.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Vakanai wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:04 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:48 pm Image
Is this the script from one of the actors? A tease for a sequel? Just something cute someone made? Need the context for what this is/means please.
Looks like it's the title for Joker 2!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

The title is “Joker Shared Madness” or “Joker Madness for Two”.

I’m excited! I really liked the first one, and by the title of the film it seems that we’ll possibly be seeing Bruce Wayne play a prominent role, or even Batman himself!

edit: the title could also be read as “Joker Folly of Two”.
Last edited by Jermobooka on Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: