Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
2%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
3%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
4%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
3%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 398

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:23 pm Something tells me they're going to try and say the snap created mutants, but that would kill decades of history for the X-Men.

They're better off doing some alt universe stuff in Doc Strange 2
Wolverine is the only one that have to worry about. The other mutants could be Peter's age and start as teenagers.

Prof X and Magneto chose not to get involved up to this point.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

There are also ancient figures like Apocalypse to consider.

Here's an idea: what if it's Reed Richards' fault? Maybe mutants have always been around, but they were extremely rare, enough so that few people are even aware of the x-gene. That would allow for Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto, and other older people to be pre-existing mutants. But then once the Fantastic Four get introduced, Reed starts experimenting with something better left alone, which from what I know is something he does a lot, and accidentally triggers latent x-genes all over the world, resulting in a sudden surge of mutant numbers. In a shaken, paranoid post-snap world, anything new and potentially dangerous is even more likely than usual to be treated with suspicion and hostility, so things rapidly descend into chaos and the X-Men need to be assembled right off the bat.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

While I cannot speak for HOW the X-Men will be brought into this universe, I do have a question. I know that this will never happen, but how would yall feel if they didn't put Logan in the MCU, and rather had Dafne Keene reprise her role as Laura and be the Wolverine of the MCU? Similar to how Scott Lang is the Ant Man of the MCU, and Hank Pym is retired.

A lot of people are concerned about how they will pass up Hugh Jackman, but...what if they didn't? We already like Dafne, and it would be fun to see her take on the role again
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Nothing against Dafne Keen, and I wouldn't object to her reprising a rebooted version of her role, but I'd prefer a total reset, all new actors. And in any case, Logan as Wolverine is essential. I'd like him to be relatively sidelined this time so the other X-Men get to shine, but he's got to be there. Also, seeing someone else finally take Hugh Jackman's place is one of the main things I'm looking forward to with this reboot.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Shoopwoop17 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:25 am While I cannot speak for HOW the X-Men will be brought into this universe, I do have a question. I know that this will never happen, but how would yall feel if they didn't put Logan in the MCU, and rather had Dafne Keene reprise her role as Laura and be the Wolverine of the MCU? Similar to how Scott Lang is the Ant Man of the MCU, and Hank Pym is retired.

A lot of people are concerned about how they will pass up Hugh Jackman, but...what if they didn't? We already like Dafne, and it would be fun to see her take on the role again
This is what they need to do. Give more time for a new Wolverine to distance from Hugh Jackmen, gives them another female hero that wouldn't be considered forced by others and it is a person that people already like.

Feige changes things from the comics anyway so they could always clone a new Logan from Laura later in reverse.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Nah, I'd rather Logan not be sidelined in the MCU. He deserves a place among the A-list team.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Didn't really care about cathcing WandaVision but Falcon and the Winter Soldier has my interest.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Just watched Falcon and the Winter Soldier. I love it, and I feel so bad for Mr Nakashima.
For Emperor and Empire!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Just saw the trailer for Loki and...wow. It’s looking to be my favorite MCU D+ show. Can’t wait!
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Loved E3 of Falcon and the Winter Soldier. It was great seeing
Spoiler:
Sharon Carter kicking ass.
Starting E4 right now.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

TFATWS was such a snore during episode one. I haven't given it another chance, I think I'm going to let the series play out before I watch in full.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Just watched Episode 4 and holy crap, that was good. I have one nitpick, though.
Spoiler:
LeMar's death didn't look like a death. I didn't even know he died until after watching the episode. All it looked like is he got knocked out or paralyzed. I personally would've added some blood on the pillar to make it look like he hit his head real hard and died like that. It was still a good scene, though.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:24 pm Just watched Episode 4 and holy crap, that was good. I have one nitpick, though.
Spoiler:
LeMar's death didn't look like a death. I didn't even know he died until after watching the episode. All it looked like is he got knocked out or paralyzed. I personally would've added some blood on the pillar to make it look like he hit his head real hard and died like that. It was still a good scene, though.
Spoiler:
Did he actually die? IIRC, there was a scene where he moved or something after discount Cap left the room, indicating that Cap is just being rash again and failing to get the facts before reacting.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

JAGzilla wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:01 am
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:24 pm Just watched Episode 4 and holy crap, that was good. I have one nitpick, though.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Did he actually die? IIRC, there was a scene where he moved or something after discount Cap left the room, indicating that Cap is just being rash again and failing to get the facts before reacting.
Spoiler:
I think he is, and I think thats kinda the point. It wasn't grand, there was no fanfare. It was just a tragic accident. It was gross, sad, and probably a lot more realistic than it could have been. RIP LeMar.

Sad that there are only two episodes left, but I'm excited to see what they bring! Things are about to get crazy

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Shoopwoop17 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:26 am
JAGzilla wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:01 am
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I think he is, and I think thats kinda the point. It wasn't grand, there was no fanfare. It was just a tragic accident. It was gross, sad, and probably a lot more realistic than it could have been. RIP LeMar.

Sad that there are only two episodes left, but I'm excited to see what they bring! Things are about to get crazy
Spoiler:
Makes sense but still, it was unclear that he actually died or not. Like I said, a bit of blood on the pillar would've worked while still not making it too dramatic.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Honestly pretty hyped for Shang-Chi.

Ain't your average or usual superhero movie. The martial arts! The mystical nature! The Chinese lore!

Actually has the potential to rank up there with Guardians and Doctor Strange as my favorite Marvel films.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Spoiler:
Look at this concept art for the new Cap!
Honestly, I'll have to say I prefer this suit over the one we got. The live-action suit looked a bit garish and too soft to protect a non-super soldier.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

In other news.

https://ew.com/movies/russell-crowe-zeu ... d-thunder/

So are we also getting Hercules then?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Now that
Spoiler:
Sam Wilson has fully taken on the market of Captain America
, that makes me wonder something. Since one concept this show explored was whether or not a person of African descent will be accepted as such, that’s got me wondering something... Would it be interesting if a Native American became the next Cap? If so, what do you think it would be like?

I know this idea has been explored in Elseworld stories, but I am thinking if such a thing were to occur in the mainstream Marvel continuity.

*edit*

Looks like I’m not alone on this idea. Image courtesy of Tumblr user Tony Jackson.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Spoiler:
Sam looks awesome. I am surprised they adapted his comic costume so accurately, but I am here for it. I'm also glad that John continues to not be a full on villain. I'm interested to see more of him in the future.