Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
2%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
3%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
4%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
3%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 398

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by gvamp »

Spoiler:
There's heavy speculation that Peter's QuickSilver is actually the Marvel villian Mephisto who is also speculated to be the main villian of the whole show. I can actually buy that rumor/speculation because he does haver quite the history with Wanda/Scarlett Witch. I'm sure we'll find out soon there's I think three or four episodes left. Needless to say I'm very excited for what's in store for the MCU as a whole.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Spoiler:
My brother watched a video earlier that pointed out several major hints toward Mephisto. The neighbor lady, for example. Apparently Mephisto has an assistant with a name very similar to hers, and the thing with the dog eating the poison leaves was taken straight from the comics. I don't know anything about Mephisto in the comics so I can't confirm any of this, but it sounds pretty ironclad.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

JAGzilla wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:05 pm
Spoiler:
My brother watched a video earlier that pointed out several major hints toward Mephisto. The neighbor lady, for example. Apparently Mephisto has an assistant with a name very similar to hers, and the thing with the dog eating the poison leaves was taken straight from the comics. I don't know anything about Mephisto in the comics so I can't confirm any of this, but it sounds pretty ironclad.
Spoiler:
Mephisto is essentially Marvel's Satan.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

So yeah...
Spoiler:
I am pretty sure Quicksilver is going to be revealed to be the series' actual bad guy. His look... the snarykness, the surprise "scares" and lastly, that hair style that makes him look like he has horns. I know it was said before this film will tie into Doctor Strange. I'm willing to bet money he's revealed to be Nightmare or Mephisto and goes on the run from Wanda at the end, possibly with a surprise appearance by Dr. Strange himself.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

That hairstyle is just his comic book haircut.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

RIP Evan.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:29 am
Spoiler:
That meme is perfect. Also, the reveal that Monica's friend was no one (and not Reed Richards...) was incredibly disappointing
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Spoiler:
I don't think we've actually seen Monica's hinted at space engineer friend yet. The random soldier was most likely not it. I could be wrong, though.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:42 pm
Spoiler:
I don't think we've actually seen Monica's hinted at space engineer friend yet. The random soldier was most likely not it. I could be wrong, though.
Spoiler:
yeah, I'm fairly confident that character is going to be the big finale "Luke Skywalker cameo" as Elisabeth Olsen put it

RIP Evan.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Inb4 its someone totally unexpected like the debut of Blade to ring in the arrival of more common, everyday supernatural threats like vampires and witches.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Added in 1 minute 8 seconds:
Did they forget to film the third act?
Spoiler:
Evan Peters, The Quicksilver, is actually just Westview native Boner?

What was the Luke Skywalker cameo? The Skrull in the 60s makeup? Was the quote supposed to be a fakeout? White Vision? Why get everyone hyped like you're going to have Doctor Strange or someone of important A-list relevance?

Where is Wanda's mental state? She flew to the boondock mountains for peace... and to become a Sith Lord? I get it, she's searching for ways to rescue her children, I get it, she's going to pluck her children from a universe where they actually lived happily ever after. Doctor Strange is not going to be okay with her abducting children from alternate realities. But we see none of her current mental state? Just a series of facial expressions during the third act? We see no foreshadowing minus her reading the book and Agatha explaining 3 times "You have no idea what you've done".

Where did White Vision go? Will he likely be brought into DS2 to save Wanda? Probably. Why didn't Hex Vision tell her that he just gave all his memories to a physically living Vision Alt account?

No mutants? At least a reference? No Magneto insinuations even though she literally stole his DOFP outfit?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Just watched the finale of Wandavision. I have to say
Spoiler:
that I'm disappointed that they hired Evan Peters to play Quicksilver, yet did not make there be any ties to the X-men Fox universe. I am starting to think that Disney will NEVER touch the X-men brand again (at least when it comes to trying to incorporate it into the MCU). Face it, they've disowned X-men because to the top execs at Disney, the brand itself still maintains the stench of the time before they bought Fox and bickered with them over the rights.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:21 pm Face it, they've disowned X-men because to the top execs at Disney, the brand itself still maintains the stench of the time before they bought Fox and bickered with them over the rights.
What the actual fuck are you talking about, they literally announced mutants at the last big conference they had where Fantastic Four was announced too.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:40 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:21 pm Face it, they've disowned X-men because to the top execs at Disney, the brand itself still maintains the stench of the time before they bought Fox and bickered with them over the rights.
What the actual skreeonk are you talking about, they literally announced mutants at the last big conference they had where Fantastic Four was announced too.

This gentlemen here makes a compelling case as to why it would be difficult (if not impossible) to incorporate the X-men into the MCU as we know it. If were to take his word for it, I think the best way to actually do it would be to reboot the MCU completely within the next 10 years.

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

The best way to introduce X-Men in to the MCU would be for them to exist in their own reality from which they may occasionally crossover from. They're really getting in to the multiverse going forward anyway.
Last edited by ElijahSky on Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Popping in quick let everyone know Avatar is getting a re release in China and will likely pass Endgame at the box office.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:02 am Popping in quick let everyone know Avatar is getting a re release in China and will likely pass Endgame at the box office.
Done, and counting...

https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/13/avatar-o ... -14237566/

Avengers: Endgame might hold the record for the SHORTEST amount of time spent as the #1 film worldwide. Achieved it in July of 2019, lost it March of 2021.

I have no issue...Endgame literally only got the record because of inflation and a hugely expanded Chinese market over Avatar....it is perfect irony that a Chinese re-release would give it BACK to Avatar.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Personally if a mcu movie was to beat avatar I wish it would have been Infintiy War.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

ElijahSky wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:31 am The best way to introduce X-Men in to the MCU would be for them to exist in their own reality from which they may occasionally crossover from. They're really getting in to the multiverse going forward anyway.
Good luck selling us on "mutants existed for over 10 years, yet we never once got a glimpse or even a hint of them when Thanos was literally decimating half the universe".
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Something tells me they're going to try and say the snap created mutants, but that would kill decades of history for the X-Men.

They're better off doing some alt universe stuff in Doc Strange 2