Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
2%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
3%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
4%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
3%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 398

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Loki Season Finale
Spoiler:
KANG IS FRICKING HERE LETS GO!!!!!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I mean that was the prevailing theory.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Just excited the he's coming one of my favorite villains

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

DynomikeGojira wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:58 am Just excited the he's coming one of my favorite villains
Spoiler:
When Kang first arrived, I was kinda underwhelmed it was just a random guy. But the longer he was on screen, the more complex he appeared and the more I was like, ok, this works out WAY more than I originally thought.
On a side note, Loki ended on a great note. If Marvel can keep up this kind of quality, I look forward to what they have in store.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Just finished Loki and…wow. Just wow. Easily my favorite D+ show. I never thought a series about Loki would be so good.
Spoiler:
Season 2 hype!!!! Can’t wait to see what’s gonna happen next after all these alternate realities have spawned.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Final episode of Loki was great. Don't think I can really add any more to it than what was already said. Kang/He Who Remains was awesome and I legit can't wait to see more. And while I know it'll probably NEVER happen, but I realized what I really want to see in Season 2. I want to see Loki get some unexpected help from a neighboring universe. Help that could accidently get transported and remain in the primary MCU timeline...

That help being...

Deadpool.

No lie, I'd also like to see a Thor/Loki reunion for an episode or two. Just to see how Thor handles seeing Loki escape death... again. I imagine the reveal being followed by Thor saying something along the lines "You're alive! ... To the surprise of no one!"

And now, onto Black Widow.

Spoilers aside, it's not a bad movie by any means. I liked it, but I guess the miniseries have just been doing "more" for me. It was a running joke throughout the movie, but yes, Widow SHOULD have called on someone. ANYONE. Because so much destruction and conflict could have simply been resolved by not even calling on Captain America, but just Ross alone. But alas, can't be a Black Widow movie if she lets the boys have all the fun. Good movie. Not great. I'd welcome a sequel or two. ;)

And I hope we get some more Red Guardian. I feel there's a lot of potential there, if even just a Disney+ miniseries.

Oh, and the end credits? We've gone beyond teasing the next movie! It's time to tease the next series... WITH A MOVIE!

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Sooo i'm not sure if this has been talked about here yet, but my hype for Doctor Strange 2 honestly skyrocketed when i heard that apparently the main villain is going to be
Spoiler:
SHUMA-F*CKING-GORATH.Literally one of my favorite Marvel villains in the history of ever!
Last edited by Gigantis on Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

There are rumors flying every which way about Marvel stuff. I wouldn't put too much faith in any of them until they're substantiated.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Recently watched the Deadpool films again, and I think it's been virtually confirmed the films are being roped into the MCU one way or another. However, I can't help but wonder if Josh Brolin will be back as Cable. He's stated before he's open to returning to the character, and I think Thanos looked and sounded different enough to "non-CGI Josh Brolin".

I the only one who hopes to see Brolin to return alongside Reynolds for DP3 in the MCU?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Continuity was never a major part of the Deadpool films. The references are vague enough they could technically take place in whatever universe they want. There's been references to both the Fox films and the MCU. Hell you could make the argument that somehow Deadpool exists in all universes simultaneously. Be an interesting way to explain his fourth wall breaking.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

To address the topic of the poor color grading of the MCU films...

"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Chrispy_G wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:02 am To address the topic of the poor color grading of the MCU films...

Fight takes place in a European airport.

"Look at that! It looks like concrete!"

What do you want the airport to look like? Cheesecake or the Gears of War visuals that Snyder humps.

Quote of the Year:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:57 am
Chrispy_G wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:02 am To address the topic of the poor color grading of the MCU films...

What do you want the airport to look like? Cheesecake or the Gears of War visuals that Snyder humps.
Dude you have a real thing against Snyder.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:03 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:57 am

Dude you have a real thing against Snyder.
Not really. I love his Dawn of the Dead and Army of the Dead. But he is the worst at superhero movies.

Quote of the Year:

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

Eh. The MCU is plenty colorful to me from what I’ve seen. I’m not asking for 24/7 neon lights, but the visuals come across strong enough and they work for what they need to do.

I will say I’ve been pretty invested in most of Marvel’s recent content. I didn’t talk much about Loki, but wow. I watched it with my friends, and it was a WILD ride. Still looking forward to Shang-Chi and Spider-Man: No Way Home too. So that should be rad!
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

The Eternals main trailer.

Added in 9 minutes 15 seconds:
Also Anthony Mackie has officially signed on to take the reigns in a 4th Captain America film.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ant ... 23236.html

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

MAJOR SPOILERS
Spoiler:

Alright, let's do this ONE last time.....

RIP Evan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:01 pm MAJOR SPOILERS
Spoiler:

Alright, let's do this ONE last time.....
The trailer was bonkers. Let's hope this movie carries some heavy stakes considering the A list firepower they've got on the cast.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:44 pm Just finished Loki and…wow. Just wow. Easily my favorite D+ show. I never thought a series about Loki would be so good.
Spoiler:
Season 2 hype!!!! Can’t wait to see what’s gonna happen next after all these alternate realities have spawned.
Dude, I never said that - your signature, the "quote". Me hating GvK is not indicative of me hating fun. I came here to talk about the new Spider-Man trailer, and suddenly I feel insulted. It might be funny to you, but putting false words in my mouth and making me out like some stick up my ass jerk isn't funny to me, just uncomfortable. Please change it.

Added in 1 minute 19 seconds:
Mods, anything please? I legit find this to be a personal attack.

Edit: I wouldn't mind if it was just a one off post joke, but making it the darn signature so it doesn't just go away and is there everytime he posts.
Last edited by Vakanai on Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Okay, two things guys.

1.) Jermobooka, change your signature to remove the quote. It's flame baiting and if it's not removed, that's a warning. You should know better.

2.) Vakanai, matters like this should be taken to PM and not made public. Either one of the staff or Jermobooka himself to discuss it.

Don't continue this in this thread any further, please.