General Transformers Discussion

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
The One and Only
Futurian

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Post by The One and Only »

Anyone who checked out last year's TRANSFORMERS'84#0 from longtime TF writer Simon Furman , and fan-favorite TF artist Guido Guidi will be interested in this. The one-shot told the hidden reason for Optimus Prime taking the Ark into space in the Marvel continuity of the Transformers. And also an obscure, and cult favorite character's efforts to keep said secret. Well the book has spawned a sequel series detailing TF:Secrets & Lies, from the same team of Furman and Guidi, tell what happened on Cybertron after Optimus and Megatron left. But before they revived. The mag will be hitting shelves April 1st this year.
https://www.outrightgeekery.com/2020/01 ... announced/
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Two new Transformers live action movies reportedly in the works - one being a sequel to Bumblebee, and another rebooting the main series that'll be based on "Beast Wars".

https://comicbook.com/movies/2020/01/28 ... east-wars/
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

GigaBowserG wrote:Two new Transformers live action movies reportedly in the works - one being a sequel to Bumblebee, and another rebooting the main series that'll be based on "Beast Wars".

Interesting news.
I suspect this BW film would be something of a prequel to BB, set about a million years before.
Or set in modernish times, an interquel of sorts.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

GigaBowserG wrote:Two new Transformers live action movies reportedly in the works - one being a sequel to Bumblebee, and another rebooting the main series that'll be based on "Beast Wars".

What, I'm wondering is how a Beast Wars movie is going to effect the rumoured universe they're trying to make with G.I Joe and Power Rangers.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:

What, I'm wondering is how a Beast Wars movie is going to effect the rumoured universe they're trying to make with G.I Joe and Power Rangers.
Like they say, the more the merrier

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

AS a Transformers fan since day 1, the state of the franchise overall is a mixed bag for me. Transformers resonates strongest for me through Animation, Sadly there hasn't been a good Animated version of the TF's since Prime ended in 2013. The comics are at the lowest they've ever been. I'm glad the IDW universe ended, so I could get off that ride, and haven't bothered to read any of the new stuff. In fact I am selling my entire TF comic collection on eBay right now if anyone is interested. (seller name is the same as my user name here) I know this will sound odd to most, but Dreamwaves series (2002-2004) was my favorite, that series really resonated with me. Too bad the company owner was a crook, and the series ended prematurely.

The toys oddly enough have been the high point for me in the past few years, considering there was an entire decade where i didn't buy any toys at all. Generations Combiner Wars got me back in, and I've been into the Generations line ever since.

As for the Live Action films, here's how I rank them best to worst:

TF
BB
RotF
AoE
DotM
TLK

Of course the animated film always stands lightyears ahead of any of those, and as for any future films.....I take each on a case by case basis. basically they need to just take that 5 minutes of battle footage from the intro to BB and extend that to 90-100 minutes, and that would be the ideal TF movie, set it on Cybertron or other alien worlds, no humans necessary. Also I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of news on the Netflix animated series. I dont think its going to happen as we haven't heard anythign in almost a year since it was announced.

Ideally, it would be nice to revisit the original Sunbow animated continuity. Either fill in the 20 year gap between S2 and TF:TM, or create a story moving forward from Rebirth. The original series actors are getting older, and sadly we have a;already lost several of them. I'd be nice to get one last series, or maybe a couple of direct to home media films before it's too late.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Brand new Netflix series

#BotM

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Anyone else really like Animated?
It's the best of the TV shows, I think.

Here, here!

(I came out of TK retirement to say that. That's how much I love that show.)
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

I don't know why I didn't do this earlier.

Now that I finished the G-1 series and seen the Animated movie, here's my updated list of films from best to worst:

1. Transformers: The Movie
2. Bumblebee
3. Transformers: Age of Extinction
4. Transformers: The Last Knight
5. Transformers 2007
6. Transformers: Dark of the Moon
7. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

As for future stuff, I'm quite interested in taking a look at War For Cyertron when it comes out and I soon plan to look at Transformers: Prime on Netflix since I hear that it's really good.

EDIT: I forgot something else: I took a look at The Last Knight again, and yeah, it didn't hold up as well as my first viewing so I would give it a 2/5 instead of a 3/5. I would still watch it over the first three films though.
Last edited by godzilla98rules on Tue May 26, 2020 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

godzilla98rules wrote:I don't know why I didn't do this earlier.

Now that I finished the G-1 series and seen the Animated movie, here's my updated list of films from best to worst:

1. Transformers: The Movie
2. Bumblebee
3. Transformers: Age of Extinction
4. Transformers: The Last Knight
5. Transformers 2007
6. Transformers: Dark of the Moon
7. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

As for future stuff, I'm quite interested in taking a look at War For Cyertron when it comes out and I soon plan to look at Transformers: Prime on Netflix since I hear that it's really good.

EDIT: I forgot something else: I took a look at The Last Knight again, and yeah, it didn't hold up as well as my first viewing so I would give it a 2/5 instead of a 3/5. I would still watch it over the first three films though.
Always cool to see someone who has TLK a little higher on the list.

Mine:

1. Bumblebee
2. TF: The Movie
3. TF2007
4. TLK
5. AOE
4. DOTM
5. ROTF
GO GO GOJI KUN

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

When it comes to the films, 86 animated is like the quintessential Transformers film and story in general. To me, that was when Transformers turned from being another property about action/adventure Saturday Morning cartoon plots and action figures, and became a war story. Can you imagine any other TV show getting a movie or big IP getting a movie and decided to kill the main hero in the first act and pass the torch to a new generation? I feel like that idea wouldn't even be on the table for most movies today, and the only reason it happened back then was because of the toyline, but something about that decision raised the stakes of the film considerably and made it resonate with me all these years later. It permanently changed how Transformers is handled.

And hey, when I think about all the other 80s cartoons that got movies (He-Man/She-Ra Secret of the Sword, GI Joe, Thundercats Ho!, Bravestarr, the Care Bears Movies etc.) the only other one that even comes close to TF86 in my eyes is the first live action Ninja Turtles film.

The biggest issue with the live action films is that after a while, they all feel the same. I liked the 2007 film enough the first time I saw it, but after four sequels, they all start to look and feel like the same thing over and over again, with less and less care put into each entry. I remember watching The Last Extinction in theaters and just zoning out by the half way point. By the time Last Knight and Bumblebee rolled around, I decided not to watch as I felt like I had seen enough of TF films to last a life time.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

What is the best, biggest, and most affordable transforming Optimus Prime figure on the market? Talking of course about the standard classic Earth mode Prime.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:What is the best, biggest, and most affordable transforming Optimus Prime figure on the market? Talking of course about the standard classic Earth mode Prime.
Earthrise Leader, full stop. You can find him at your local Brick and Mortar stores.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Ok thanks. Thats the one I was leaning towards anyway.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I prefer the Siege voyager. The ER one has terrible proportions and 50% of the package is wasted on the boring trailer. The only thing it has over Siege is the alternate mode.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Trailer for the second part of the Netflix's WAR FOR CYBERTRON ,Earthrise. And the long awaited return of some notorious enemies.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:New movie confirmed for 2022.

https://tformers.com/transformers-7-mov ... /news.html
Nice.

#HasbroVerse

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

SonOfGorgo wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:New movie confirmed for 2022.

https://tformers.com/transformers-7-mov ... /news.html
Nice.

#HasbroVerse
Ew, no. Last time they did that in the comics it was dogshit.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

If they're taking the route set up in Bumblebee, hopefully it'll be good. I'm still interested in that Beast Wars project.

Now, Earthrise.... I enjoyed the first part for what it was, I just wish the voice acting was far better.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos