The Official Mystery Science Theater 3000 Topic

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
HayesAJones
Keizer

Re: The Official Mystery Science Theater 3000 Topic

Post by HayesAJones »

This guy right here! Was pretty good, I think. Not quite as good as the last few, but still gave me a few good laughs.

Supes excited for Birdemic. That AND the director's cut Little Shop of Horror release in one month? Pure bliss.

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

I also with the live Rifftrax. Had an awesome time.

The best part of the night though was in the opening slides before the movie started. I went with two friends of mine, Aaron and Kyle, who ordered a large popcorn and soda. Right before the show started, there was a slide that said, "You're chewing your popcorn too loudly, Aaron." I look over at my friend, who has this big-ass tub of popcorn on his lap and his mouth wide open at what he's reading. I seriously did a double take and then cracked up. How much you wanna bet we were the only ones in the entire country that were laughing hysterically at that slide?
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Saw as well last night and had a great time. Doing a Norman impression is so much fun and that's how you make a Mc Rib.

After the show, some guy who went to the show was showing everyone his models of Crow, Gypsy and Tom Servo in the kissing booth thing. Before you ask, no I didn't take pictures but it was awesome. Also can't wait for Birdemic.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Vol 25 Press Release;
http://www.mst3kinfo.com/?p=13523#comments

What's cool is that if you buy it from Shoutfactory.com, you'll get a bonus disc with all the Radar Men segments. Glad they finally gave us something else than more of those stress balls. Those things were starting to flood my house.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I recently discovered several episodes of Cinematic Titanic on Hulu. Anybody else wathing these? I've watched The Alien Factor which was pretty darn funny, and Danger on Tiki Island which I fell asleep on, so I'll have to watch the rest today. I dont know if I was just exhausted, or if it was just boring.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

Need a good laugh? Rifftrax and IGN teamed up to riff on select scenes from the Super Mario Bros. Movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Btl6WCHrbs

They need to do the whole movie, period.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I recently went through all five Gamera episodes on YouTube. Gamera vs. Barugon was average, but the others were very funny. It's kind of ironic; seeing these movies dubbed makes them even more intolerable, but with MST3K treatment they're made a little less intolerable. :dizzy: :lol:
By the way, did Sandy Frank have anything to do with the 70's Godzilla dubs? Some of those voices sounded very familiar...

On another topic, has any company made toys off of the series? I would love to own figures of Tom Servo & Crow.

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

No Sandy Frank didn't have anything to do with the 70's Godzilla dubs.
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

^Thank the lord Sandy Frank had nothing to do with the English dubs of the Godzilla series! Where you might be hearing some similiarities is that the versions SF used for Barugon, & Gayos were international dubs that has some of the same VA's from films like Godzilla vs Gigan, Megalon etc...

As far as I know, the only "toys" offered were exclusives with some of the DVD sets released by Shout Factory (volumes 14, 15, 16 etc...)
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

There is quite a bit of MST3K merchandise out there, but nothing you can really still buy, or anything much that could be considered a toy. Statues and figurines, as well as the plastic collectibles Shout included in some of their sets.

I'm disappointed we didn't get a special set this year. In 2008 we got Crow, 2009 Tom Servo, 2010 Gypsy, and in 2011 we got the Gamera 5-pack in a tin case. This year the only set that came with an extra is XXV, which comes with a bonus DVD only if you order it from Shoutfactory.com, but that's not much different from that little stress ball Shout included with most of their MST3K DVDs last year. Why couldn't we get a Cambot, or a retool of a past figure like Crow into Timmy or Tom into one of his various costumes. That would of been cool.

And what about scarecrow?!

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

This show's fun. I watch whenever I feel in the mood, and I feel like I'm watching films, which is fun. My favorites are Werewolf, Jack Frost, The Creeping Terror, Night of the Blood Beast, and that Gumby one. I've yet to see the Godzilla eps, but they should be fun.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Anyone see ''Birdemic'' last night?
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

This guy right here! I also have two thumbs, coincidentally.

Was a very fun time. The movie is truly horrid, and what makes it so great. And while I wasn't sold on Norm lat show, this one really made him work for me. The "bag of sadness deflating" bit had me rolling.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

I watched MST3K's Santa Claus episode with my dad tonight. This episode is one of my favorites with Mike. Laserblast, ISCWSLABMUZ, and Final Justice are also right up there as some of my favorites.
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

Santa Claus is one of those Christmas episodes that you can enjoy outside the holiday. But it seems to be funnier during Christmas for some reason for me.

It's definately one of my favorite episodes.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

"One... Two... One two three four-

Killer Shrew! Killer Shrew!
Don't know the difference 'tween me & you!
He comes out at night, to give you a fright,
Don't look now but he's gonna take a biiiite!
*Dum dada dum dada dum dada dadadum*
K-I-double L-E-R Shrew!
He's scary and tough, if that ain't enough,
He's augmented with - bath mats & stuuuuff!
He's comin' to your town - to get you!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umvg-adYYDw

Decent episode; great song. :lol: Is it supposed to be a spoof of something?

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Re: The MST3K Thread

Post by TyrantGojira »

Theres already a thread for this but what the heck. Favorite episode is Gamera the Invinceable. You cam buy the gamera dvd at barnes and nobels, but it's around 50$.

"He tried to kill me with a fork lift." :lol:
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Remember it's only between us Steves.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Godzillatheultimate wrote:"This has STEVE written all over it."
"There'll be other Steves."
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living And Became Mixed-Up Zombies is my personal favorite, thigh this show has too many timeless moments to count.

*points randomly* "Ssssky!!" / "Ortega taco shells are made from humans!!"
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.