The Official Mystery Science Theater 3000 Topic

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Tim85
EDF Instructor

Re: The Official Mystery Science Theater 3000 Topic

Post by Tim85 »

Oh, it'll be interesting all right. Another movie where NOTHING HAPPENS. I find these kinds of episodes hilarious . The short before it: Studying Industrial Arts is one of my favorite shorts. I could watch it a hundred times and could still laugh at it.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Finished watching Mad Monster. Good god was it boring. It drags along at a snail's pace and is full of cliched story telling. I was waiting for what felt like hours for a host segment to pop up.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Godzillatheultimate wrote:On the other end of the spectrum, today I checked out Pumaman
Dont you mean Pew-ma Man? :lol: That episode was great. I was just suprised that not once did they referrrence Donald Pleasance character of Dr. Loomis from Halloween. I kept waiting for Mike to yell "I shot him SIX TIMES!!" but it never happend :( .

I hope this one gets an eventual DVD release. I want to watch some more Rifftrax, but I've seen all the ones on Hulu, I need to find another place to watch them without cost.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

I'm looking forward to the next DVD volume coming out later this month, but I still haven't watched the last volume yet.

Anyone planning on seeing Rifftrax Live Manos?

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

starsteam wrote:Anyone planning on seeing Rifftrax Live Manos?
*raises hand*

Wouldn't miss it!

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

starsteam wrote:Anyone planning on seeing Rifftrax Live Manos?
The only way I'll be missing it is if I'm dead. And even then I might still manage it.

Anyone going to see the Live show for Birdemic in October that was apparently announced recently?
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:Anyone going to see the Live show for Birdemic in October that was apparently announced recently?
... if that's true, then fuck yes.

"His last words were 'EEEEEEEEEEEE! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!'"

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I want to attend one someday... I was fortunately enough to see the MST3K movie in theaters back in 95, but haven't been able to catch a Rifftrax live show yet. I thought I never would, but when my wife saw the preview for Jack the Giant Killer last year, and how funny it looked- we made plans to go. Unfortunately I got food poisoning and missed it :cry: . Probably wont make it to Manos either, but Birdemic sounds like something I would definitely want to see.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

I'm only a few hours drive from the theater the live show is being performed at (The Belcourt, Nashville), but alas, I won't be able to make it this time. And any theater in my state showing a broadcast of it is still too dang far away.

SoleMan
G-Grasper

Post by SoleMan »

Watched Manos: The Hands of Fate last night...God, even these guys couldn't save it.
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

Huan_of_Valinor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Huan_of_Valinor »

Tim85 wrote:Oh, it'll be interesting all right. Another movie where NOTHING HAPPENS. I find these kinds of episodes hilarious . The short before it: Studying Industrial Arts is one of my favorite shorts. I could watch it a hundred times and could still laugh at it.
after sitting through the short, the credits started rolling. then i saw the name of the director:

Coleman Francis

and i knew that it was gonna hurt :freak:

but the riffs are AMAZING, it was more bareable than Beast of Yucca Flats

but along with Manos, Monster a Go Go, Beast, and increadibly strange creatures, it's a film i would not watch without the commentary
Gojirawars 03 wrote: The Giant Condor is a blessing upon this Earth, however. He's easily the most important and most powerful kaiju in the franchise. so powerful that Godzilla is helpless against his power, and pleads for mercy, which the gracious Condor grants him. I mean, even the editor wasn't able to show a single shot of the Condor onscreen for more than half a second, because no-one can handle that much sheer power for more than a second.

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

Watched Blood Waters of Dr. Z: It was an alright episode, I do like how they mock Dr. Leopod's lab equipment and such including the monster suit itself. Could've done without some of the gross stuff though like Crow spitting tobacco spit or whatever the hell it was into soda cans
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Just starting to watch Boggy Creek II on YouTube.

"BOBCATS DO OR DIE!"

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Thats a REALLY funny episode! I just got done watching The Giant Spider Invasion. PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

Big news MST3K fans! Here's the episodes for the next release as reported from Satillite News:

110- ROBOT HOLOCAUST with short: COMMANDO CODY PT 9 (partial)
508- OPERATION KID BROTHER (aka OPERATION DOUBLE 007; they couldn’t get the rights under the other name)
615- KITTEN WITH A WHIP and
801- REVENGE OF THE CREATURE

The big news is that these movies are either MGM or Universal owned. Shout! Factory now has access to the MGM and Universal movies for release. Now most of Season 8 is up for release!
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

The Kid Brother Title bothers me a little, since that's what the DVD art is going to say, but at least the episode is getting released.

Another set that only has 2 episodes I haven't seen before, I just wonder when it will come out. Volume XXIV came out today.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Tim85 wrote:801- REVENGE OF THE CREATURE
Oh, hell yes. Despite all the Sci-Fi Channel episodes I've seen, I still have yet to see the debut episode of the Pearl era.

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

I have faith in Shout! Factory over the release of the Kid Brother episode. I'm sure they wouldn't have released it if they thought there would be problems down the road. This isn't Rhino we're talking about here. I'm sure they checked and checked and checked, rechecked, and checked again about this and any of their releases.

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

Gawdziller wrote:
Tim85 wrote:I have faith in Shout! Factory over the release of the Kid Brother episode. I'm sure they wouldn't have released it if they thought there would be problems down the road. This isn't Rhino we're talking about here. I'm sure they checked and checked and checked, rechecked, and checked again about this and any of their releases.

That and of all the MGM titles they had at their disposal, they chose this one first. That might be a sign that they're just altering the case itself and not the actual episode.
On Shout's! Facebook page; somebody asked if they were altering the episode and they said no. The title is only for the case itself.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

So who else caught the RiffTrax Live showing of Manos last night?