A nightmare on TohoKingdom!

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
The One and Only
Futurian

Re: A Nightmare on TohoKingdom!

Post by The One and Only »

This Tuesday, November 3, El Ray will begin rerunning episodes of FREDDY'S NIGHTMARES. The syndicated show that ran from 1988 to 1990 featuring the Dream Stalker in a Crypt Keeper role throughout the series. Four episodes from Noon to 4:00 PM.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33683 ... to-el-ray/
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Post by shippersdreamer »

The One and Only wrote:This Tuesday, November 3, El Ray will begin rerunning episodes of FREDDY'S NIGHTMARES. The syndicated show that ran from 1988 to 1990 featuring the Dream Stalker in a Crypt Keeper role throughout the series. Four episodes from Noon to 4:00 PM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bngw4BN_m-E
How....how many episodes were produced??
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."

The One and Only
Futurian

shippersdreamer wrote:
The One and Only wrote:This Tuesday, November 3, El Ray will begin rerunning episodes of FREDDY'S NIGHTMARES. The syndicated show that ran from 1988 to 1990 featuring the Dream Stalker in a Crypt Keeper role throughout the series. Four episodes from Noon to 4:00 PM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bngw4BN_m-E
How....how many episodes were produced??
Back then, 1988. A season on television ran 24, 25 episodes. So two seasons I'm taking a shot here that arounf forty-eight, fifty.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

The One and Only
Futurian

Re: A nightmare on TohoKingdom!

This summer , fans of Wes Craven's NEW NIGHTMARE can snag a rather hellacool figure courtesy of NECA based on New Nighmare Freddy's various guises.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/the-furthe ... ng-summer/

SoleMan
G-Grasper

Post by SoleMan »

The One and Only wrote:I always thought Frankenstein Meets The Wolf-Man was a bit of a disappointment. I honestly wouldn't mind a remake of that flick. Frankenstein's Monster was less threatening than Peter Boyle,and the final battle was way too short. While I have gotten more enjoyment out of King Kong Vs. Godzilla since my initial first viewing, and thanks to seeing it in its widescreen glory on the Sci-Fi Channel(I refuse to use the current moniker), and DVD. But I'd still like to see a remake of that Showa Era film.

Peter Boyle was balls-to-the-wall man. Don't mess with him.
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

The One and Only
Futurian

Deleted scene from the original A Nightmare On Elm Street discussing how Nancy wasn't an only child.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Recently started watching the series in chronological order... As a big nerd of retro-horror, I'm in love.

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

Yeah I started watching the movies 6 months ago about. Still have to see 3 and 5. Could've watched them on the SyFy but passed because I want to see them uncut, uncensored, etc. It's beginning to be my favorite horror series right now, just in front of Child's Play.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Mechagigan wrote:Recently started watching the series in chronological order... As a big nerd of retro-horror, I'm in love.
The Elm Street series counts as "retro-horror"? The last entry in the original series was only released 13 years ago. It's not like we're talking Universal monsters, or even Hammer/Amicus here. :)
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

eabaker wrote:
Mechagigan wrote:Recently started watching the series in chronological order... As a big nerd of retro-horror, I'm in love.
The Elm Street series counts as "retro-horror"?
When watching the original films up until Freddy's Dead (and in some cases New Nightmare), absolutely. It's pure 80's in every sense of the phrase.

I consider the Hammer and Universal films classic horror due to their extreme influence on modern horror films and the era they were made in.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

UltramanGoji wrote:
eabaker wrote:
The Elm Street series counts as "retro-horror"?
When watching the original films up until Freddy's Dead (and in some cases New Nightmare), absolutely. It's pure 80's in every sense of the phrase.

I consider the Hammer and Universal films classic horror due to their extreme influence on modern horror films and the era they were made in.
Pretty much my thoughts. I have a big obsession with 80's-style horror, which I suppose nowadays is kind of retro.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Those are some awfully... serious responses to a comment that was supposed to be read as, "Jesus, am I really old enough that stuff made in my lifetime is being called 'retro'?"
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

The One and Only
Futurian

eabaker wrote:Those are some awfully... serious responses to a comment that was supposed to be read as, "Jesus, am I really old enough that stuff made in my lifetime is being called 'retro'?"
Sunday night, IFC played the action flick SPEED. My dad walked in ,and called it "that old movie". Made me feel a bit on the geezerly side.

Anyhoo, there's been talk of rebooting the franchise again. And one actor who's expressed interest in playing the Dream Stalker in the reboot penned by Orphan and The Conjuring 2 scribe, David Leslie Jordan, is Kevin Bacon.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34030 ... y-krueger/
I could see it. Bacon has played the heavy on several occasions, even downright sleazy, evil at times. Very well. I think he could pull it off. I liked Jackie Earl Haley's performance in the remake, but some bad script writing really screwed the pooch on that one. He unfortunately got messed up with that flick.

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

I would love Kevin Bacon as Freddy Krueger!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Kevin's a great actor. I'd love for him to play Freddy in any new Nightmare films. It would certainly give the film a form of star power to persuade the GA to go see it.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I feel like a lot of the effectiveness of modern (meaning post-1970 or so) iconic horror characters comes from the actors themselves being relatively unknown. Most people in the general audience don't perceive Freddy Krueger as "a character played by actor Robert Englund," they just perceive him as Freddy.

The One and Only
Futurian

10 fun facts you probably didn't know about FREDDY'S DEAD:The Final Nightmare.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/editorials ... nightmare/

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I adore the fact that NewLine asked Nintendo if they could use the Power Glove slogan in their film, and when Nintendo said "No", NewLine was just like "Lul do it anyway"
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

The One and Only
Futurian

Unpublished cover art by Joe Jusko, to Marvel's magazine sized black and white A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET mag. That despite good sales, ended up getting canned over fears of attacks from the Uptight Citizens Brigade.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/comcis/339 ... cover-art/

Added in 4 hours 16 minutes 10 seconds:
Alternate opening scene to the remake of A Nightmare On Elm Street featuring a burned Freddy Kruger dying in his hospital bed.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34260 ... e-opening/

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

The One and Only wrote:I always thought Frankenstein Meets The Wolf-Man was a bit of a disappointment. I honestly wouldn't mind a remake of that flick. Frankenstein's Monster was less threatening than Peter Boyle,and the final battle was way too short. While I have gotten more enjoyment out of King Kong Vs. Godzilla since my initial first viewing, and thanks to seeing it in its widescreen glory on the Sci-Fi Channel(I refuse to use the current moniker), and DVD. But I'd still like to see a remake of that Showa Era film.
I'd personally like Universal to finally release the unedited director's cut of Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man by putting back all the scenes (both video and audio) of the Frankenstein Monster referring to events from the previous film, speaking with Ygor's voice and being blind. That way, they could finish what I call "The Ygor Saga" part of the series, which includes these films: 1) Son of Frankenstein (1939) 2) The Wolf Man (1941) 3) The Ghost of Frankenstein (1942) 4) Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man (the unedited director's cut) (1943).
Last edited by mikelcho on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.