A nightmare on TohoKingdom!

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Zilla103192
Keizer

Re: A nightmare on TohoKingdom!

Post by Zilla103192 »

Darkness wrote:Yeah, Nightmare on Elm Street was fairly tame, and I think that was one of the reasons I liked it so much. It didn't rely on disgusting gross out scenes for horror (at least at first it didn't), nor did it have an overabundance of unnecessary sex like Friday the 13th. NoES1,3 and New Nightmare all took themselves very seriously. Can't quite say the same about the other entries.
I agree with pretty much all of this, but i would put NOES 2 in there as well... if not just by a hair. It was a little goofy, but still fairly serious.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Alucard
Xilien Halfling

Post by Alucard »

You dont even see Freddy in (OH) NOES 2. He only appears at the end. And in the mirror in that scene.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:
wataru wrote:It's not huge and it's white.
LIKE YO DICK!

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

kikomia wrote:You dont even see Freddy in (OH) NOES 2. He only appears at the end. And in the mirror in that scene.
Freddy is seen less... but it is still darker then most of the sequels.

Now... lets discuss something REALLY fun...

FREDDY'S DEAD

LOL I love this entry. It is so stupid!! "NO SCREAMIN WHILE THE BUS IS IN MOTION!!!"

one thing I actually like what it brought to the franchise was the scene that showed all the different gloves fred actuallly used when he was the springwood slasher. The hooked bladed glove, the spiked knuckle glove, I would really like to see more of these gloves and him using them in a future film.
Last edited by Zilla103192 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Alucard
Xilien Halfling

Post by Alucard »

Yeah but thats what makes Freddy different from other slashers. He is a comedic slasher. He likes to torment victims, while others like Michael Myers and Jason Vorhees kill them off very fast. You dont even know what happened. You have to rewind back.
LIKE YO DICK!

Irys X
Interpol Agent

Post by Irys X »

Ya know, if Freddy wasnt hell bent on killing people, i can see myself just sitting back and having a beer with him. He would be a fun guy to talk to.
My Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla stop motion movie -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fshhA8BWuLw

Rodan vs. F-22 Raptor - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q3V02iy_Xw

Wrath of Mechagodzilla - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4xHP8C_vWw

Alucard
Xilien Halfling

Post by Alucard »

I would kill alongside him if i can somehow :D
LIKE YO DICK!

Darkness
Interpol Agent

Post by Darkness »

Freddy's Dead is freakin' horrible. I can somewhat sit back and watch it for the ridiculous film that it is, but I have to ignore a lot of the plot in it simply because a lot of it just doesn't fit in with the rest of the story. I don't like the idea of Freddy having a wife and kid or him living in what would eventually become Nancy's house. I don't understand why Nancy's parents would move into the former house of the child killer they torched.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Darkness wrote:Freddy's Dead is freakin' horrible. I can somewhat sit back and watch it for the ridiculous film that it is, but I have to ignore a lot of the plot in it simply because a lot of it just doesn't fit in with the rest of the story. I don't like the idea of Freddy having a wife and kid or him living in what would eventually become Nancy's house. I don't understand why Nancy's parents would move into the former house of the child killer they torched.
I don't normally pay too much attention when watching Freddy's Dead... So you are most likely right, but where did it say that was nacy's future house?

If that is true, that would explain somewhat why that house was always so feared and shit throughout the series.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Following up the NECA release of the Comic Con Exclusive Nintendo Jason Voorhees figure which sold out faster than sushi through a sumo at this year's Geek Pride Parade. NECA will follow up the glow in the dark, 8-Bit version, of Ma Voorhees' very special boy, with a Freddy Kruger figure based on the look, color scheme, the Dream Stalker sported in the 1989, 1990, LJN video game.
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/69349/ ... dy-promise
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Eh... it worked alot better with Jason.

Here Freddy looks just like an unfinished figure.

The One and Only
Futurian

Syndicated documentary on the making of A Nightmare On Elm Street 4:The Dream Master.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

My ranking of the NOES series

1. Dream Warrors
2. Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
3. Freddy's Revenge
4. The Dream Child
5. The Dream Master
6. Freddy vs Jason
7. Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)
8. New Nightmare
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Post by shippersdreamer »

I really love Jason vs Freddy because of how ridiculous it is. I always have a ball watching it, especially the fight scenes.
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

STILL not quite getting the title of this thread - there's no nightmare HERE, we're just talking about Freddy Kruger, etc. :eh:

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

shippersdreamer wrote:I really love Jason vs Freddy because of how ridiculous it is. I always have a ball watching it, especially the fight scenes.
Yeah, it's self-aware, but also gives both the titular characters proper treatment. Definitely one of my favorite crossover movies.
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

King Caesar wrote:
shippersdreamer wrote:I really love Jason vs Freddy because of how ridiculous it is. I always have a ball watching it, especially the fight scenes.
Yeah, it's self-aware, but also gives both the titular characters proper treatment. Definitely one of my favorite crossover movies.
Way better than those Predator vs Aliens movies...well in my opinion.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

shippersdreamer wrote:
King Caesar wrote:
Way better than those Predator vs Aliens movies...well in my opinion.
Sure, but that's hardly a standard to compare it to.

It's certainly no Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man or King Kong vs. Godzilla.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

The One and Only
Futurian

I always thought Frankenstein Meets The Wolf-Man was a bit of a disappointment. I honestly wouldn't mind a remake of that flick. Frankenstein's Monster was less threatening than Peter Boyle,and the final battle was way too short. While I have gotten more enjoyment out of King Kong Vs. Godzilla since my initial first viewing, and thanks to seeing it in its widescreen glory on the Sci-Fi Channel(I refuse to use the current moniker), and DVD. But I'd still like to see a remake of that Showa Era film.

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

The One and Only wrote:I always thought Frankenstein Meets The Wolf-Man was a bit of a disappointment. I honestly wouldn't mind a remake of that flick. Frankenstein's Monster was less threatening than Peter Boyle,and the final battle was way too short. While I have gotten more enjoyment out of King Kong Vs. Godzilla since my initial first viewing, and thanks to seeing it in its widescreen glory on the Sci-Fi Channel(I refuse to use the current moniker), and DVD. But I'd still like to see a remake of that Showa Era film.
I sadly don't think that will ever happen, and from what I understand Mechani-Kong is out of the question as well, despite it being a Toho monster, I doubt Universal (or whoever holds the current Kong rights) will allow them to use it.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

The One and Only wrote:I always thought Frankenstein Meets The Wolf-Man was a bit of a disappointment. I honestly wouldn't mind a remake of that flick. Frankenstein's Monster was less threatening than Peter Boyle,and the final battle was way too short. While I have gotten more enjoyment out of King Kong Vs. Godzilla since my initial first viewing, and thanks to seeing it in its widescreen glory on the Sci-Fi Channel(I refuse to use the current moniker), and DVD. But I'd still like to see a remake of that Showa Era film.
I agree that it's not the most threatening presentation of the Frankenstein Monster, but, then, it's not supposed to be. At that point in the series, he's an abused, brain-swapped, blind, pitiful creature. The point of many of his scenes is that the reactionary townsfolk fear one on whom they should be taking pity.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.