Screw Attack's Death Battle

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
gottatalktothefake
EDF Instructor

Re: Screw Attack's Death Battle

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Next fight is so anti-hype oh my god

GmkGoji
JXSDF Technician

Post by GmkGoji »

Spoiler:
While im not too pissed off at Venom losing, he would have won if cates had been used. Great research on Crona's part, but they severely downplayed Venom. In any case, Red vs Blue being the next fight is just dumb. I would have preferred something like Dio vs Alucard, or even Steven universe vs Star butterfly. Hell, even a remaster like Luigi vs Tails would have been fine by me.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Gigantis
Keizer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
gottatalktothefake wrote:Next fight is so anti-hype oh my god
Tell me about it. :lol:

Like i know it's promoting the next Red vs. Blue show but.. really? That over something like DIO vs. Alucard?
Added in 25 days 21 hours 2 minutes 57 seconds:
From what the rest of these leaks are saying, after Red vs. Blue we might get
Spoiler:
Rock Lee vs. Sanji, less it was moved to next year. And all things seem to be pointing at Asura vs. Broly being the season finale

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Living Corpse
Sazer

Post by Living Corpse »

I'll be honest, I haven't been watching Death Battle as much as I used to. So some thoughts on the ones I recently caught up on.

-Saberwulf vs Jon: Good, a lot of fun.
-Venom vs Crona: Boomstick is right, they need to stop having symboites fight anime characters with pink hair.
-Winter Solider vs Redhood: I love when Death Battle does live action battles, the stuntmen they hire make it feel like a clip from a professional made action film.

As for Red vs Blue, I get that it's connected to Screwattack but I seriously could not care less for a match up. I dunno it's when thing when we have meme match ups here on TK but when Death Battle does a Machinama meme fight, I'm that guy who has awkwardly walked into an inside joke I have no history with and holds no real personal value to me. At least with the Chuck Norris vs Bruce Lee one that is an "inside joke" that everyone on the net and their grandma is in on.

So anyways, two fights I wanna see are Gyaos vs Rodan and Ultraman vs Zone Fighter. Yes I know how it's probably gonna end but it'd still be entertaining fights and yes I know about the KWC matches. If you guys wanna see that too, you can send the suggestions here. More people who suggest it the more likely it'll happen.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform

https://twitter.com/DEATHBATTLE

miguelnuva
Sazer

Post by miguelnuva »

Living Corpse wrote:.

So anyways, two fights I wanna see are Gyaos vs Rodan and Ultraman vs Zone Fighter. Yes I know how it's probably gonna end but it'd still be entertaining fights and yes I know about the KWC matches. If you guys wanna see that too, you can send the suggestions here. More people who suggest it the more likely it'll happen.

Gayos would die instantly. Here on Tohokingdom we can give him a fighting chance by balancing the weight. DB mentioned with Gamera they got lucky when they found a stat for him that said 10,000 ton otherwise it would have been a 90,000 ton monster vs a 120 ton monster.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

ImageImage Image

Gigantis
Keizer

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly Ultraman vs. Zone Fighter sounds like a ton of fun! Imagine if it was live action too.

Added in 1 hour 50 minutes 13 seconds:
So not long ago i made a tier list that has popular fights fans are suggesting to the DB crew and that might appear in Season 8. Guess i'll post it here.

For anyone else who want to give this a shot: https://tiermaker.com/create/100-popula ... ideas-8638

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Living Corpse
Sazer

Post by Living Corpse »

miguelnuva wrote:

Gayos would die instantly. Here on Tohokingdom we can give him a fighting chance by balancing the weight. DB mentioned with Gamera they got lucky when they found a stat for him that said 10,000 ton otherwise it would have been a 90,000 ton monster vs a 120 ton monster.
I don't care as long as the fight is fun. Make it Super Gyaos or Hyper Gyaos if you have to make it fair or make it a swarm.

miguelnuva
Sazer

Post by miguelnuva »

Living Corpse wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:

I don't care as long as the fight is fun. Make it Super Gyaos or Hyper Gyaos if you have to make it fair or make it a swarm.
LC it wouldn't be fair. Rodan would land one shot and Gyaos would die. It's the equivalent of you hitting something that weighs as much as a new born.
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

ImageImage Image

LegendZilla
Xilien Halfling

Post by LegendZilla »

Jax Vs Barret Wallace
Mitsurugi Vs Haohmaru
Rodan Vs Gyaos
Alduin Vs Deathwing
Colossus Vs The Thing (Ben Grim)
Arbiter Vs General Raam
The Toad Vs Tusyu Asui
Palpatine Vs Ozai
Yusuke Urameshi Vs Batsu Ichimonji
Kawabara Vs Yamcha
Frieza Vs Myotismon
Megatron Vs Ghengis Rex
T.Hawk Vs Chief Thunder
Stewie Griffin Vs Eric Cartman
Ellen Ripley Vs Sarah Connor
Jamie Lannister Vs Feyd-Rautha Harkkonen
Rick Grimes Vs Joel
Clementine VS Ellie
E.Honda Vs Ganryu
Michonne Vs The Bride
Luffy Vs Popeye
Voldemort Vs Orochimaru
Katara Vs Kitana
Winston Vs Mojo Jojo
D.Va Vs Peni Parker
Ultraman Vs Spectreman
Destoroyah Vs Legion
Guyver Vs Blue Beetle
Raphael Vs Drax The Destroyer
Galactus Vs Unicron
James Bond Vs Jason Bourne
Motoko Kusanagi Vs Aeon Flux

Living Corpse
Sazer

Post by Living Corpse »

miguelnuva wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
LC it wouldn't be fair. Rodan would land one shot and Gyaos would die. It's the equivalent of you hitting something that weighs as much as a new born.
Didn't stop them from making the Godzilla vs Gamera fight fun. Even if a fight is one sided, they still draw it out cause the show is ultimately about entertaining people.

miguelnuva
Sazer

Post by miguelnuva »

Living Corpse wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Didn't stop them from making the Godzilla vs Gamera fight fun. Even if a fight is one sided, they still draw it out cause the show is ultimately about entertaining people.
They found a stat that put Gamera at 10,000 ton. I just dont see them considering that fight due to weight advantage.
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

ImageImage Image

gottatalktothefake
EDF Instructor

Post by gottatalktothefake »

The fact that they're doing another Red vs Blue non crossover fight after the first one was one of the lowest viewed episodes in the show's history is mind boggling. The crossover aspect is the best aspect of the show and when you take that out you have next to zero hype.
Last edited by gottatalktothefake on Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Living Corpse
Sazer

Post by Living Corpse »

So next fight is
Spoiler:
Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen. Looking forward to it. My money is Gewn.
Also do we have to spoiler tag what the next fight is? Cause I feel silly doing that.
gottatalktothefake wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:34 pm The fact that they're doing another Red vs Blue non crossover fight after the first one was one of the lowest viewed episodes in the show's history is mind boggling. The crossover aspect is the best aspect of the show and when you take that out you have next to zero hype.
I'm ashamed to admit this, cause even if I don't like a video, if it's a channel I like I will mute it and let it play out for their YT revenue but I just didn't even watch this one, I skipped right to the end to see what the next fight is.
Last edited by Living Corpse on Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

GmkGoji
JXSDF Technician

Post by GmkGoji »

Spoiler:
Blue obviously won the DB. As for next time, which was confirmed to be animal vs insect themed, I feel ZERO hype for. Whatever the case, really hoping Gwen wins. But tbh, i was hoping it would be something like Gamera vs Mothra or Kars vs Meruem.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Greyshot151
Applebee's Manager

Post by Greyshot151 »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:34 pm The fact that they're doing another Red vs Blue non crossover fight after the first one was one of the lowest viewed episodes in the show's history is mind boggling. The crossover aspect is the best aspect of the show and when you take that out you have next to zero hype.
To be honest, I actually enjoyed the Meta vs. Carolina. Having both at their max potential going at it was something we never got to see in the show and the fight I felt was unique enough and tense enough to justify the clash. Also, as a major fan of the explanations, that one in particular I enjoyed greatly.

Here, for Red vs. Blue, I felt it was kind-of a waste. Blue team, with Tucker and Tex, easily destroy the Reds without any analysis. I wish instead it was Blue team versing another sci-fi team or something, but regardless, the fight was entertaining even if the stats was a bit a drag since the Reds especially have nothing to really offer.
Spoiler:
On who fights next, I am excited to see Spider-Gwen fight Bat-Girl. Here's hoping Gwen can pull out a win!
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

I don't really see how it's less hype than any other recent Death Battle. I haven't cared for one in a few years, I think the only one that I was actually excited for this year was Machamp vs Goro and even then, I skipped the analysis because of the awful animation in those segments and I just don't care for them anymore.

I think battles like this where it's characters from the same franchise can work; the video that got me into this series was even the TMNT battle royale, and I have the same view with this one as I do with a lot of the other recent videos. I'm happy for the fans of RvB for getting this video, but it's not for me. Saying there's 'zero hype' is completely subjective, I've felt no hype for the past twelve battles (not counting DBX) but I can see fans of whatever franchise is represented being excited for the battle.
Spoiler:
poop, I think this one seems more interesting than the next battle. Yet another Marvel vs DC battle... Ok.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary poop though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

LegendZilla
Xilien Halfling

Post by LegendZilla »

Does anyone have an idea of who Della Duck could go up against? I am guessing maybe Sally Acorn. That is assuming they don't continue the trend of pitching Dragonball characters with Sonic and face her against Bulma.

Gigantis
Keizer

Post by Gigantis »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:52 pm Does anyone have an idea of who Della Duck could go up against? I am guessing maybe Sally Acorn. That is assuming they don't continue the trend of pitching Dragonball characters with Sonic and face her against Bulma.
Why would they put Sally against Bulma? The latter can barely fight, and they only put a Sonic character against a DB one once.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I don't know if it's the fights they're doing or if the over reliance on comedy, but Death Battle has lost some of it's luster.

Anyway, here's a list of fights that I want them to do.
Conan The Barbarian vs. Tarzan
Zim vs. Crypto
Rambo vs. ?
Kick Ass vs. The Crimson Bolt
Devilman vs Spawn
Spawn Vs. Evil Ernie
Evil Ernie vs. Devilman
Krites vs. Gremlins
Killer Tomatoes vs. The Killer Klowns
the Warlock vs. the Djinn (Wishmaster)
Man-Thing vs. Swamp Thing
Clayface vs Sandown
Stan Smith vs. Sterling Archer
Lord Z vs. Sekeltor
Biker Mice From Mars vs. The Battletoads
Sagat vs. Doppo Orochi
Dolomite vs Shaft
Machine-man vs. Red Tornado
Cobra Commander vs Red Skull
The Lone Ranger vs. The Man With No Name
Earthworm Jim vs Jazz Jackrabbit
Duke Nukem vs. Serious Sam
Frankenstein (Death Race) vs. Mad Max
Mazinger Z vs. RX-78-2 Gundam
Marvelman/Miracleman vs. Doctor Manhattan
The Shadow vs. The Punisher
Pumpkinhead vs Rawhead Rex

I know that there's three Marvel vs. DC, but I did try to stay away from them.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

kingkevzilla88 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:42 pm I don't know if it's the fights they're doing or if the over reliance on comedy, but Death Battle has lost some of it's luster.
I feel like it's a mix of both, plus the change in the analysis segment going from pretty much a clip show with two hosts analyzing the combatants to the same but you see the hosts as animated characters. It's a small change but it just... annoys me, plus the animation looks really bad.
Rambo vs. ?
I always wanted Rambo to fight John Matrix from Commando. I think they're the closest characters to do a "Schwarzenegger vs Stallone" fight.
I'd also want Rambo vs The Predator but that'd probably be too samey to the end of Predator.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary poop though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.