Screw Attack's Death Battle

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Re: Screw Attack's Death Battle

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

GodzillavsZilla wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:28 pm
kingkevzilla88 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:42 pm I don't know if it's the fights they're doing or if the over reliance on comedy, but Death Battle has lost some of it's luster.
I feel like it's a mix of both, plus the change in the analysis segment going from pretty much a clip show with two hosts analyzing the combatants to the same but you see the hosts as animated characters. It's a small change but it just... annoys me, plus the animation looks really bad.
Well, I got used to that dead quick. The animation used for that part feels cheap.
Rambo vs. ?
I always wanted Rambo to fight John Matrix from Commando. I think they're the closest characters to do a "Schwarzenegger vs Stallone" fight.
I'd also want Rambo vs The Predator but that'd probably be too samey to the end of Predator.
[/quote]

I did try to stay away from the obvious choices that everyone goes for. Now that I'm thinking about it, The Punisher would be better choice to fight Rambo.

gottatalktothefake
EDF Instructor

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Lol no one cares about this episode, most fights would have hit like a million at this point in time and RvB is only at 500k right now

gottatalktothefake
EDF Instructor

Brandon Yates (composer for a lot of OSTs for Death Battle) is doing commissions for fan OST's. I'm getting one from him! It's going to be Godzilla vs EVA-01.

Gigantis
Keizer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
So uh, remember when i said Asura vs. Broly was gonna be the finale? Guess that's not happening.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

gottatalktothefake
EDF Instructor

Gigantis wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:21 am
Spoiler:
So uh, remember when i said Asura vs. Broly was gonna be the finale? Guess that's not happening.
You were close

Gigantis
Keizer

Post by Gigantis »

So, just watched the Season 7 finale.
Spoiler:
Gotta say i disagree with the result, and i'm saying this as someone who was rooting for Broly to win. Hulk really should've came out on top here.

On a more positive note, RYUKO AND DR. DOOM ARE SHOWING UP NEXT SEASON. SOOOO HYPED!!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

miguelnuva
Sazer

Post by miguelnuva »

Another episode where Wiz and Boomstick show they don't care about proper research.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

ImageImage Image

Dynomy-DX
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dynomy-DX »

I could argue about the research being weird...
Spoiler:
But screw it. Broly winning is super dope and the fight was more than worth it.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

Greyshot151
Applebee's Manager

Post by Greyshot151 »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:46 am Another episode where Wiz and Boomstick show they don't care about proper research.
Care to elaborate as to why?
Spoiler:
For this I'm genuinely curious because it did seem quite open and shut based on the evidence and feats they provided, but I don't read Marvel. I was rooting for Broly, but i loved how they used Hulk in the fight. The music was sooooo good, and yeah, the ending was cathartic. Overall, great season finale in my book.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

miguelnuva
Sazer

Post by miguelnuva »

Greyshot151 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:59 am
miguelnuva wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:46 am Another episode where Wiz and Boomstick show they don't care about proper research.
Care to elaborate as to why?
Spoiler:
For this I'm genuinely curious because it did seem quite open and shut based on the evidence and feats they provided, but I don't read Marvel. I was rooting for Broly, but i loved how they used Hulk in the fight. The music was sooooo good, and yeah, the ending was cathartic. Overall, great season finale in my book.
Spoiler:
I haven't fully digested it yet but they said Broly tanked a punch from Gogeta Blue off the top of my head. Like I said I need to sit down and watch again.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

ImageImage Image

Gigantis
Keizer

Post by Gigantis »

Y'know what fight we need to see happen in the future? This one.

gottatalktothefake
EDF Instructor

Research was terrible this episode holy poop

Greyshot151
Applebee's Manager

Post by Greyshot151 »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:12 pm Research was terrible this episode holy poop
Can you give details as to why? I keep seeing people say, "Research was terrible," but what kind of things were left out that would change the battle?
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

eabaker

Post by eabaker »

Man, 126 pages of people saying "Screw it" to whatever "Attack's Death Battle" is? Like, I get it, you all REALLY don't like this "Attack's Death Battle" thing, but we don't have threads like this dedicated to saying "Screw" any other properties, do we?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Gigantis
Keizer

Death Battle!

Post by Gigantis »

eabaker wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:11 pm Man, 126 pages of people saying "Screw it" to whatever "Attack's Death Battle" is? Like, I get it, you all REALLY don't like this "Attack's Death Battle" thing, but we don't have threads like this dedicated to saying "Screw" any other properties, do we?
Honestly we should just change the thread to Death Battle anyway lol. Screwattack doesn't exist anymore.
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gottatalktothefake
EDF Instructor

Greyshot151 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:05 pm
gottatalktothefake wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:12 pm Research was terrible this episode holy poop
Can you give details as to why? I keep seeing people say, "Research was terrible," but what kind of things were left out that would change the battle?
Spoiler:
They made a lot of claims about hulk which if you actually read the new run you’d see are blatantly false. I don’t think it would change the fight as hulk is outclassed, but the parts about hulk not being able to come back from disintegration or hypothalamus trauma are untrue

LegendZilla
Xilien Halfling

Post by LegendZilla »

GodzillaFan1992 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:43 pm

Darkseid vs. Thanos
I made that!

gottatalktothefake
EDF Instructor

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:25 am https://soundcloud.com/angilo-bascomi/g-impact

My OST commission is done!
Nice one! Know when it's gonna be uploaded officially?
Hi!

Gigantis
Keizer

Post by Gigantis »

Gotschiller wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:05 am
gottatalktothefake wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:25 am https://soundcloud.com/angilo-bascomi/g-impact

My OST commission is done!
Nice one! Know when it's gonna be uploaded officially?
Brandon usually releases his tracks in batches, so whenever the next batch of soundtracks is done.

Also, that track is dope as poop! Even though i prefer different opponents for the both of them.
Last edited by Gigantis on Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.