The Latest Movie/TV show You Watched Topic 2.0

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Latest Movie/TV show You Watched Topic 2.0

Post by eabaker »

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:40 am Hey guys just me here once again.

I last watched the Italian Western titled Death Rides A Horse.

Just watching some movies of the genre outside the sphere of Sergio Leone. Although this movie does contain a few of the major players like Lee Van Cleef and Ennio Morricone on the score.

It's a movie with great filmmaking elements within a fairly standard revenge narrative western.

Unfortunately my dvd is a pretty poor quality transfer and I think the framerate is a bit off most likely to a PAL to NTSC transfer framerate difference. So when that isn't right it takes away a bit of the magic from the look of the movie that is usually really a high point for me in Italian Westerns.

It's also a fairly darker and more grim Western than even the dollars movies.
Yes! This is easily among my favorite non-Leone spaghetti Westerns (not that I've seen a ton or anything). Van Cleef is great as always, and John Phillip Law turns in a really solid performance as well, and is just a great visual fit for the genre.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Also I watched the Clint Eastwood movie Hang Em' High.

Now the theme is clearly in the title but it's all down to presentation. The film opening with an attempted vigilante lynching was pretty confronting. Later in the movie I thought they handled the existential themes of capital punishment in a pretty thought provoking way.
But in addition to that it felt like a pure Western like all the genre expectations came through but in a way that brought the movie up.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I have started watching TV series over movies because so many movies especially this year have left me in massive disappointment.

So far I have enjoyed

- The Patient
- The suspect

Currently watching Dahmer - Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story - Season 1

With ''The Twelve'' and ''Keep Breathing'' following up the next.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Hey guys just me here once again.

I last watched the 1972 movie Horror Express starring Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing.

I've been aware of this movie for a while and i'm glad I was finally able to get around to seeing it. This movie is so good. Ever wanted to see Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing star alongside Telly Savalas? Savalas even steals the show for his time in the movie.

The beast is really interesting as well. It's kind of genuinely frightening. The visual of the pale white bleeding eyes on the victims is particularly grisly.
Last edited by Jeff-Goldblum2 on Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:22 am I last watched the 1972 movie Horror Express starring Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing.
Hi Jeff-Goldblum2!

It’s been a long time since I last saw Horror Express but I think your final paragraph might have given away some details that weren’t revealed until the climax. Would you consider editing your post and putting a spoiler tag around that paragraph in case anyone is interested in watching the movie after reading your description?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Yeah, definitely a little bit of a spoiler, there. I don't mind, but someone might. I actually had that movie on DVD as a kid, but never bothered to watch it. I'll have to correct that, now that I've figured out how great Hammer horror is.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

I edited it down. No problem.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I watched the 4K re-release of James Cameron's Avatar in IMAX 3D. It was so breathtaking. By far one of the greatest cinematic experiences this year. It actually felt liked you were in Pandora. Although it was the theatrical cut and not the extended edition or even the Special Edition, but that's fine. Still an amazing movie to watch on the big screen.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

I last watched Rob Zombie's Munsters movie.

I enjoyed it, to be honest. But within a certain context. Don't get misled it does feel on the level of a Full Moon movie. Maybe something like Death Kappa. Except those movies are better.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Rob Zombie's movies are really 50/50. He will create masterpieces like House of A Thousand Corpses and The Devils Rejects then follow it up with shitty films like Three from Hell and the Halloween remakes. Now that I think about it his music is the same way. His stuff with White Zombie is really good, but I only like about half of his solo stuff.

On the subject of Rob Zombie, a little piece of trivia: my GF's aunt? (great aunt maybe?), who used to preform with Dolly Parton back in the days, actually is good friends with Rob Zombie. She's had him over and apparently they even talked about my GF's portfolio, which is mostly special effects and gore make up. The same aunt is also friends with Tom Savini, and has talked to him about her portfolio before. Just some fun trivia. Id love to meet both of them someday.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

I just watched ''Smile''

Very good movie.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

The more recent episodes of Beavis and Butt-head (that still feels weird to say after almost 30 years) and the season premiere of Family Guy. Why I still watch the latter is beyond me.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:41 am Rob Zombie's movies are really 50/50. He will create masterpieces like House of A Thousand Corpses and The Devils Rejects then follow it up with shitty films like Three from Hell and the Halloween remakes. Now that I think about it his music is the same way. His stuff with White Zombie is really good, but I only like about half of his solo stuff.
I enjoy most of Rob Zombies stuff. Corpses and Rejects. Definitely. I actually like Halloween II more than his first because it feels pure Rob Zombie, for better or worse. 31 was pretty good. I wasn't sure about 3 From Hell but liked it way more when I rewatched it. I liked The Munsters but on a completely different wavelength that I normally appreciate a movie.

On the music side of things I love Astro Creep 2000, Hellbilly Deluxe and Sinister Urge but I also enjoy some of the others. I don't mind his latest one.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I just watched Amityville II: The Possession for the first time. Wow, what a shit movie.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Over about two months, I watched Star Wars: The Clone Wars from start to finish, and tonight I finished it with season 7. Overall an excellent series, and while it had its low points, it also had its highs that I think are highs of the franchise as a whole, especially the very last arc, which is just peak.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Been meaning to watch that show. I saw bits of it as a kid and havent came back to it yet.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

In addition to starting Barry, I've also picked Rick and Morty. I've only ever seen one episode before, and that was that episode with Mr. Meseeks. It's pretty damn funny.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

I last watched the 1980 parody movie Airplane. I enjoy Leslie Neilson in comedy roles very much but I also like his non-comedy roles like Forbidden Planet and Creepshow.

This movie made me look into the string of 70's disaster movies that inspired it. I found out that the 3rd Airport movie, Airport '77, stars Christopher Lee alongside Jack Lemmon, Joseph Cotten and James Stewart.

A movie with that kind of cast and i'm only just finding out about it. How could this have happened?

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Halloween Ends

Well.... anyone watching this will probably say the same thing, this is not a Halloween movie. I can't believe anyone actually thought this was a good idea.

Final thought : Awful

If anyone has seen Jeremy Jahns review on youtube, it sums it up absolutely perfectly.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I watched Halloween Ends yesterday. Honestly I didn't think it was a bad movie like what so many other people are saying. It is my least favorite in Blumhouse's "Halloween" trilogy, but I actually really did like this movie and I do accept it as the final chapter in the Blumhouse timeline.

Also, I recently watched Akira Kurosawa's 1990 film Dreams. Very interesting, yet beautifully made film with lots of moments that make me go "wow, that's nice" to "wow, that's sad". "The Tunnel" is my favorite story of the film.

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!